Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 04 Gallardo. Ive had it for 5 months and its been running a dream....

The other day I opened the garage and once I got the car out I found a small stain on the floor, obviously fluid of some kind, probably 8 inches wide.

It seems to be coming from the mid-rear part of the car, front of the engine side.

Now, I've tried to do my research and I've come to the conclusion it could be coolant. I've checked the over-fill tank and it is looking lower than normal.

Temp in the UK has only dropped to 11/12degrees C so could this be a cause of the leak?

Any advice or comments welcomed. I'm also not 100% what coolant to top up with, as the manual says: AGIP ECO PERMANENT.

I've also read about hose clips coming loose and different temperatures causing pipes to change etc, so could it be this?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Where did the car come from when you got it? Are you sure the correct coolent is in there? 11-12C is about 55F so no way its freezing on you. I would check all the lines you can def pin point where it is coming from more exactly. If you know where its dripping place a small plate or cup so you can get a sample to make sure it is coolant.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kamil

thanks for the reply. im from the uk. it came from a dealer.

thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does it smell sweet? Coolant has a sweet smell... And taste.

Coolant is greasy, but not oil like.

The constancy is very different between the two.

Mike

·
Registered
443 Posts
I say get a nice sample. Get some coolant from the tank and match it up using a syringe. Make sure to get sample from a clean glass or bowl. That might take a minute since it drip slow from what you are saying, and the glass has to be in center of the drip. I would let the car sit for an hour locate the exact spot of the drop and place container/glass. Get 2 syringes and start comparing after it sits and drips for about a day or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts