Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why isn't Lamborghini involved in Le Mans?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know about Le Mans, but according to both Luc and Stefan...they are taking things one step at a time....remember, Ferrucio didn't much care for racing - he had nothing to prove. But look for them in the next year or two.
J

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
Why isn't Lamborghini involved in Le Mans?
I think the question is more like: How would entering an endurance race benefit the marketing of Lamborghini to the small niche market that Lambo sells into?

-mick

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gday said:
I think the question is more like: How would entering an endurance race benefit the marketing of Lamborghini to the small niche market that Lambo sells into?

-mick
Well Ferrari and Porshe are in Le Mans, I know thats not quite as small of a niche as Lamborghini but its still small. I was just wondering because it seems like a lot of the performance cars on the market nowadays are in Le Mans.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
Well Ferrari and Porshe are in Le Mans, I know thats not quite as small of a niche as Lamborghini but its still small.
The niche that lamborghini is in is dramatically smaller. This is the SOLE reason why lamborghini HAD to produce the "baby lambo" ie gallardo to expand its audience. I may have the numbers slightly wrong but I recall the lambo president of a few years ago explaining that the yearly world wide market for Murci's was 1500 POTENTIAL customers - want to guess how many follow Le Mans? With the introduction of the gallardo the POTENTIAL market expanded to 15000. With their added price points, ferrari would probably be 10 times that and porsche, 1000 times or more.

-mick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts