Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just wondering who or who hasn't has the LDS and what are the genuine thoughts on this. I had this on my last R8 the new model and essentially all the hardware is pretty much the same albeit they may tweak them differently. Everyone was like nooo don't get Dynamic Steering but as I included it in part of a pack I didn't know you could request for it to be deleted. Anyway in all honest I found it fine. Maybe back to back you'd notice the difference.

What are you thoughts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had 2 ‘15 610 coupes, one with and one without. I really liked the car without much better.
I now have a ‘18 Perf coupe with it and it is outstanding. Whatever changes they made dramatically improved the option.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I did Not order LDS on my Perf ...still felt the steering felt a bit digital.

Sent from my LP670SV

·
Registered
977 Posts
My 2019 Performante steering is so uncannily balanced , tight and direct that it feels anything but digital, numb or artificial. The LDS has evolved greatly over the years. When I tested the 610-4 with and without LDS in 2017, I much preferred the latter. The LDS did feel numb and artificial. On the 2018 Performante, the LDS offered greater feedback and precision. My 2019, has enhanced that sensation.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Test drove a 610 with LDS and did not like it. Prefer the more analog feel without LDS and do not have it on my 580.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I also ordered the 580 without LDS due to its unnatural steering feel. I also preferred the car without magneto as the passive suspension provided more chassis feedback and a more compelling, less compliant ride.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Had it on my 610 and now on the Performante, it's day and night on the Performante! Coming from a Porsche GT3 with one of the best steering out there, Performante tops it. It cannot get any better.

·
Registered
2019 Huracan Performante Spyder
104 Posts
Have had the LDS on both of my Performantes and the steering tightness, directness and feedback could not be better.
Likewise - I have LDS on my 2019 HP Spyder and the steering feel is fabulous. Each to his own when it comes to LDS, I guess, much like the seats....

·
Registered
90 Posts
The general consensuses what I hear is that track junkies don't like it.
Track junkies also seem to prefer manual...this doesn't say much.
LDS is great, had it on my R8 V10 Plus.
I drive most of the time in Corsa anyway, so no big deal but for those rare moments I need a more comfortable ride or my wife wants to drive the car, LDS is perfect. It provides much more power steering support at lower speeds in Strada mode for example.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Has anyone driven a perf without LDS?
Buddy of mine is looking at one but doesn’t have this option.

I ordered mine without LDS, as I felt it would allow more “feel.” I’ve since sold
It. But I did feel the steering still felt a bit digital to me nonetheless.

Sent from my LP670SV

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anyone driven a perf without LDS?
Buddy of mine is looking at one but doesn’t have this option.
I've driven one without LDS and I noticed only two differences:
1. When driving slow, the steering is "heavier" (which can be a bitch when parking the car)
2. Depending on the driving mode (Strada, Sport, Corsa), the steering changes it's feel.

If you're driving most of the time in a single driving mode, you will barely notice LDS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts