Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a member of both the Ferrari Club of America and the Lamborghini Club of America. Every 2 weeks it seems like I am getting a magazine or some info in the mail on events etc.. from the FCA

I wish the LCA had more info, magazines and had more interactive events because I love meeting Lamborghini owners and I can never get enough info on Lamborghinis (that’s how I found this website).

The membership fee it twice as much as the LCA but its well worth it.

Anyone else feel the same?
Thank you,

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Who likes throwing Gasoline on a Fire and watching the Boom????

:)

To the best of my knowledge Lamborghini-Talk & Ferrari-Talk recieve every bit of event info availible from every corner of the Globe, for owners & enthusiasts alike. And now with our Calender Feature Long Range Planning will be possible.

LTALK has no plans to "compete" with LCA or the FCA...this has never been the intention and it's still not....our mission statement and goal is to provide The WorldWide Lambo Community with Access To and Support From & With Other Owners! Printed Media cannot compare to real time contact with others. Each has it's plus's & minues's and can likely never replace each other. From each we can derive advantages imo.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
LCA could never compete with FCA due to its membership size. Just the advertisers alone, LCA is out numbered at least 20 to 1. In order for Jim Heady to produce the same amount of printed media for LCA he will have to increase the membership fee at least 20 times what the current membership due. You want print overload, try the Porsche club. The Panorama is not a magazine, its a book of advertisers with some articles here and there. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim Heady is a very nice person. He helped me personaly on a few quesions I had and he very helpful and gracious on the phone.

Its not so much the quantity of print but maybe once a quarter it would be nice to have a magazine come out.

I just got a magazine from Ferrari about Monterey. I know half are advertisements but to tell you the truth I like the advertisements because Im always looking for new things for my car.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You want print overload, try the Porsche club. The Panorama is not a magazine, its a book of advertisers with some articles here and there. :)[/QUOTE]

Really this the truth...I could write ONE article a Month..if you payed me enough...or 10 a day in real time condensed form that you can reply to!!!!

You cannot reply to a magazine!!!

Here it MUST BE REAL because anyone right or wrong can Reply in Real Time! Different Medias, surving a different purpose!!! And Honestly I believe the Internet has the Advantage of Time and Reach on it's Side!!! :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
gforce said:
So if you like Lambo events/get togethers where were you
for the Labor day BBQ at my place?
Shah is a Site Donator and a Real Lambo Giy...this is not even the question or issue here,,,yes he FK'd Up by missing Your Party and The Get Togethers by Nunez at Crystal Cove...Go Figure???? and Jim Heady is a great guy!!! All that has nothing and everything to do do with LTALK...did JH inform THE WORLD of Waynes Party & The Crystal Cove Events? Did the FCA Send You A Letter about all the So Cal Happs and Gas Stations with 100 Octane???? I'm a dues paying member of LCA, FCA, PCA, FOC, and I get more info right here than from all 4 combined!!!! That's all the points & the only point...Winning!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at your party Wayne! Lol
I was there to the end and ate all the food. I think you and your wife kicked me out.. :)

Thanks for the kind words JR. You cant compare this to any other form of print. Its by far the most informative medium around.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You guys are makin me hungry... :D

Wayne, SK is Shahrim with the Black Diablo..:)...

It will take a little while before all the profiles are completed and updated and the titles are installed by each user name...please bear with us... :kiss:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I remember this thread from the old site, but I'll just chime in my 2 cents again. I have never met Jim personally, but he lives near me, so I hope to rectify that situation soon. I hear he's a real good guy.

That said, I must confess that I'm a little dissappointed with the materials I've received from LCA. After being a member for 7 months now, I really haven't received any sort of correspondence of interest, minus the 2003 issue of Matador, which was done quite well, but rather dated. I certainly hope that Jim will put out another magazine of the same quality soon. I may call him and ask what I can do to help.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This Thread is actually relivant to more of us than we realize. The reason being, life as a Lambo Owner or Enthusiast is about the Future. It's important to discuss issues in this media because we are the ones "plugged in", the ones socializing and mingling at all times, even between "events". I took all the input from "the pld thread" and had a member/mediary have a person to person discussion with JH. I didn't post a follow up of that meeting because there was really nothing to report. Regardless of how the 2 US Lambo Clubs feel about LTALK , LTALK supports them both!!! I think there may be some apprehension on the part of The Clubs to accept LTalk because we are free from the pressures Clubs feel to ruffle no feathers. LTALK can and has ruffled feathers. Several members have taken our comments of disatisfaction and/or dismay and confronted their personal Dealers and The Factory with this info! This is breaking with the heretofore status quoe! What most of The Members Here have realized is that LTALK is without a doubt Pro Lamborghini!!! However that Pro Status does not require any individual from relaying his own persinal experiences even when they fall short of what allmost all of us would expect at this level of ownership.

LTALK has NO INTENTIONS of trying to replace The Clubs or even compete with them...LTALK is about making our univesral ownership experience More Fun...bring the cost down and the Fun Factor UPPPPPP...universaly Help Each Other in real time rather than having to wait for the mailman.

My hope is "The Clubs" can someday see that there is no compitition going on!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts