Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thire any limation for Launch control in Huracan 580 ?
or any side effice!

Porsche 911 it can do Launch Control more than 50 times in day馃槄

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Launching appears to be fun for some but I could never bring myself to do it. The wear and tear on the car seems concerning to me.

Reactions: TTBear

Registered
Ive launched my RS about in the year ive owned it about 100 maybe 200 times easy, the performante also not an amount of times i can count. Its what trhe cars were made to do, they can take launches when turboed on a drag strip no problem at 7-800awhp so a street launch at factory HP levels is a non issue, even less so with the sto being rear wheel drive there is a limit to how much traction it can possibly get. I didnt buy these cars to baby them

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I don鈥檛 baby my cars either but launching is not something that I am willing to do. I also break-in my cars per the manual.......geometric purist.

Registered
SL #7007
Launching is fun but will accelerate wear items quickly. Especially over and over.... Launching over and over is hard on any car! Thats how I blew the transmission in my GTR. Also, hard to compare Porsche technology to a Lambo. Porsches PDK is IMO, the best transmission ever. Not saying Lambo's don't but Porsches definitely take any abuse thrown at them. Thats the only reason I considered a Turbo S when I sold the R8 was for its durability.

IMO, I feel like the 580-2 will be harder on wear because of the lack of grip compared to a 610-4 but I could be 100% wrong. Just thinking....

Not sure of the validity to this but I found this article saying launches are limited to 250. Lamborghini Will Disable Huracan鈥檚 Launch Control After Just 250 Uses: Report (thedrive.com)

Brooks from Drag Times on YouTube launched his 610-4 a ton of times as he said he drag races if over 4 years until his trans went out. He thinks it was the clutch.

If you do it every now and then it's probably ok. The problem is it will get addicting to you but also where are you doing it? A drag strip or on a street? Drag strips are a lot harder on cars because of the prepped surface and the grip levels are very high compared to street.

Launch control these days are pretty well engineered. There are failsafe's that won't allow you to use thrust mode if certain parameters are not in spec. However, as well designed as they are it still hammers wear items!!! I'm happy my SL doesn't have thrust mode. My SL has a primitive dump the clutch and go. I won't launch my SL because of how violent it is and it's not a designed launch control like the H.

Reactions: Luzifer

Registered
Nothing is harder on a car then tracking it on a road course. constant full throttle pulls, 100% brake application, full throttle shifts for 20-40 min sessions puts a strain on every component. Its a fully built track car, to think that lighting up the rear tires on the street for a few seconds occasionally will do any meaningful harm outside of tire wear is surreal.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Thats wild, the cars come broken in from the factory, they would never leave that sort of liability to the customer
I always do the break-in per manual no exceptions but to each their own. Porsche article but still relevant because an engine is an engine is an.................

Registered
SL #7007
You are 100% wrong, less traction means less strain on components. Unless you are talking about rear tire wear then you are 100% correct.
As you mentioned I could be absolutely wrong, but I was thinking that due to the lack of grip in a 580-2, wouldn't the ECU electronically slip the clutch more than a 610-4 to reduce wheel spin?

Registered
As you mentioned I could be absolutely wrong, but I was thinking that due to the lack of grip in a 580-2, wouldn't the ECU electronically slip the clutch more than a 610-4 to reduce wheel spin?
I am not sure if thats how it controls power, based on sound alone it sounds like the car retards the timing

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Launching is fun and seems to be hard on the car. Just be prepared for crazy wheel spin if you are in a RWD. My first launch sent me down the street sideways.

• Wow
Reactions: Luzifer

Registered
SL #7007
how often do you change the clutch on an EVO?!
On my R8 1st gen every 20k miles
First Gen R8's (Up to 2012) use the same primitive LC as pre-LP G's. It's not really a true LC. It just dumps the clutch so very hard on the clutch. First Gen face lift R8's (2014+) now came with LC with the addition of the DCT as LP G's now have thrust mode but kept the e-gear. LC systems are better on the clutch compared to prior.....

I think Evo's are too new as no one is replacing the clutch just yet....

Reactions: Debian

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I haven't heard of anyone having to replace the clutch on a EVO. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't exceed 30K miles.

Reactions: Debian

Registered
+2

Thats wild, the cars come broken in from the factory, they would never leave that sort of liability to the customer
Nothing is harder on a car then tracking it on a road course. constant full throttle pulls, 100% brake application, full throttle shifts for 20-40 min sessions puts a strain on every component. Its a fully built track car, to think that lighting up the rear tires on the street for a few seconds occasionally will do any meaningful harm outside of tire wear is surreal.

Registered
First Gen R8's (Up to 2012) use the same primitive LC as pre-LP G's. It's not really a true LC. It just dumps the clutch so very hard on the clutch. First Gen face lift R8's (2014+) now came with LC with the addition of the DCT as LP G's now have thrust mode but kept the e-gear. LC systems are better on the clutch compared to prior.....

I think Evo's are too new as no one is replacing the clutch just yet....
ok
And Performante?!

Registered
SL #7007
ok
And Performante?!
I think you're asking about reliability regarding multiple launching a Perf? My opinion is the same. The Perf is a track focused surgical tool. Not a drag car. It's designed to track and track very well. Except for starts on a track, you don't use LC/Thrust mode so its not designed around launching. I believe it will handle launching just as well as any other H or Evo. I believe the accelerated wear would be the same.

If you want a drag racing car, look into a Dodge Demon. Thats a drag designed and focused car but a Demon is a horrible track car....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts