Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend still isn't accustomed to getting the car out of the hole with this E-gear. I told him that there was a launch button that would let you launch the car pretty hard. Anyways, he said that when he pushed the button, it would just shift through the gears at 2700rpm. Is this what this button is meant for, or did he do something wrong?

·
Registered
32 Posts
NO HE MUST HAVE PUSHED THE BUTTON FOR SLIP THE CLUTCH MORE FOR
ICE ROADS. DONT RECOMEND TO USE IT TO MUCH IT IS HARD ON CAR,
BUT TURN ESP. OFF, TURN SPORT MODE ON THEN WITH YOUR FOOT OFF
OF THE BRAKE & PARKING BRAKE OFF YOU PUSH THE GAS PEDAl DOWN
VERY FAST AND HOLD ON

·
Registered
68 Posts
jeffoc said:
BUT TURN ESP. OFF, TURN SPORT MODE ON THEN WITH YOUR FOOT OFF
OF THE BRAKE & PARKING BRAKE OFF YOU PUSH THE GAS PEDAl DOWN
VERY FAST AND HOLD ON
Who has done with this a Murci? I did it with my two Ferraris and i just prayed the first few times the tires would lose some grip.

yes, the tires lost some grip, so my drivetrain didnt get destroyed. I was scheduled to go in for a tire change on both cars, so all it cost me was some clutch wear. But I did wonder what would happen if the tires actually stuck to the road.

With the Murci, i am afraid it is possible to not lose traction due to the AWD and I will break something in drivetrain. Has anyone done this before in Murci? what happened? aside from some clutch and tire wear, any caveats?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
My Murcie is a 6 speed. I did a 5000rpm clutch dump from red light once. Smoked the clutch for a couple of seconds. That burnt smell which lingered for almost two days I will never forget. Not going to do that again! :mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
zzoorrkk said:
My Murcie is a 6 speed. I did a 5000rpm clutch dump from red light once.
I would be interested to know if the tires kept a firm grip on the road or if you lost traction? did the car launch forward or nothing special?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts