Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a car with Larini system and secondary cats delete. Seller tells me this can trigger the occasional CEL. Anyone else seen this issue? My understanding is that all the sensors are in the primary cats. Is this correctable?

Also does anyone have a Larini exhaust? I wonder how does it sound in comparison to OEM.

TIA.

·
Vendor
2,336 Posts
If it’s only Occasional I wouldn’t worry about it, not a big deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it’s only Occasional I wouldn’t worry about it, not a big deal.
What does that mean? Does the CEL need to be reset every time? Do you need a special tool or a typical OBDII Scanner with code eraser will do the trick?

·
Registered
109 Posts
1) If CEL trips, any cheap obdii scanner will work to clear it.
2) Get 02 simulators/spacers, it helps prevents CEL.
3) Generally secondary cat delete will not trigger CEL as the O2 sensors are on the primary cats. I'm assuming the car has either sport cats or primary cat deletes. If so see item #2 above. If you dont want to do #2 at least get item #1.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) If CEL trips, any cheap obdii scanner will work to clear it.
2) Get 02 simulators/spacers, it helps prevents CEL.
3) Generally secondary cat delete will not trigger CEL as the O2 sensors are on the primary cats. I'm assuming the car has either sport cats or primary cat deletes. If so see item #2 above. If you dont want to do #2 at least get item #1.
It's likely the exhaust pressure CEL, not from the o2's
Thanks guys! I assume this isn't something I need to be too concerned with?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Nope. I get CEL once every 4-5 drives with my Fabspeed set up. Just reset and forget.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What year is the car?

I have had many exhaust combos on my 04 and no CEL’s: stock primaries and Fabspeed sport primaries, stock secondary and secondary bypass, stock muffler, LOC, and Larini, and stock tips and Larini tips.

Definitely get the actual OBDII codes to find out if it is anything related to exhaust or if it’s something else that the seller is incorrectly blaming on the exhaust.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm running this setup on my LP640 and have not had it trip any CEL's.
As far as sound I don't think it's overly loud but is definitely louder than stock. Most observers disagree with me on it not being loud though.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
My cel light comes on once in a while, say 1 out of 30 starts.

eventually goes away after a drive or 2.

I was told the car computer is constantly scanning for errors (like a women) and if it finds one it watches.... until enough scans without an error to go away.

"experts" I've talked to, for my car say it's the fabspeed exhaust (primary cats back).

For me, the sound, the gauges, the feel are the priority vs the cel.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What year is the car?

I have had many exhaust combos on my 04 and no CEL’s: stock primaries and Fabspeed sport primaries, stock secondary and secondary bypass, stock muffler, LOC, and Larini, and stock tips and Larini tips.

Definitely get the actual OBDII codes to find out if it is anything related to exhaust or if it’s something else that the seller is incorrectly blaming on the exhaust.
It's an '05+ thing for the valves in the exhaust and totally random. I agree though, should scan the OBDII to see if it's the vacuum code (most likely) or something else.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It's an '05+ thing for the valves in the exhaust and totally random. I agree though, should scan the OBDII to see if it's the vacuum code (most likely) or something else.
My 04 has valves because the Fabspeed sport cats that I put in are the ones with the valves. I have the valves connected with a remote control. And even if I open the valves and dump the exhaust straight out from the valves, I still don't get a CEL.

·
Registered
397 Posts
By exhaust pressure, do you mean the mis-fire tubes which detect cylinders are firing in order to save the cats?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts