Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about Lamborghinis Future? The cars? or i dont know. I dont like it cause Audi overtake Lamborghini so think Lambo cant built the cars theyre want. I dont wanna have in future audi engine in a lamborghini or complete body!!! Or will lamborghini able to bought free from audi??? what do you think about lamborghinis future(or will lamborghini maybe dead in future?) :confused: :eek: :(

sorry for my bad enlish :wave:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
As long as Lamborghini can keep finding Deep Pockets to keep the bank full it will never go away. You may be to young to remember, but Lamborghini was actually in recievership (bankruptcy) at one point in it's history and that didn't stop them from living on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lamborghini's are still built by hand, where Ferrari will pick anyone off the street to work in their factory, Lamborghini still hand picks experts and professionals for everystep of their process. The original factory workers had a love for their job that has continued, and dream that lamborghini would be the best in every aspect of the market it competed in. I think this rings true today. while we may not want audi to "own" lamborghini, in today's competitive market and continuous out pour of "fast" cars, audi provides the extra cash flow, management, and marketing essentials lamborghini needs to stay alive today. Audi owns lamborghini, yes, but the true dream and inspiration of lamborghini will always live on. Besides, even an Audi supercar wouldnt be hand built like lambos are today. and as long as we have forums like this, Lambos will NEVER die.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Good job of programing there Roy. :)

I think Lamborghini will morph into a completely different car with NON Italian influence. In spite of what you hear, Audi will have thier way and while they may build a car with the Lamborghini badge on it, it won't be. The mystique will carry it though, and they can fool people for quite a while with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you think? will lamborghini survive in the future? with or with not audi`???

sorry for my bad english, cause german

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think Lambo will always be around, perhaps with different owners, but will still be the exotic supercar to rival Ferrari.

They operate pretty independently from Audi, (as Audi is independent from VW) but owners will have influence on business - for example when Chrysler owned the company and the Diablo was on the design table, it had strange rear lights. It was Chrysler who insisted on the "round" rear lights - which was a good thing.

Today, Luc and his design team have free will. He has a passion for Lambo and ensured the Murci had butterfly doors. Also, Audi updated that factory with newer equipment and allowed Lambo engineers to share info with Audi engineers... for example wind tunnel data, fuel injection info, etc. The bottom line is that a more technologically advanced car was produced.

They made a profit in 03 and I read that 04 was a banner year financially. Audi has a high performance car planned, but they have enough marketing sense to know where it will fit into the product line. It will not be as exclusive or as fast as a Lambo.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I don't know Frank, Ive heard it will have the Gallardo engine with twin turbos. I mean why would they develop a completley new engine, they've got all the parts, all they have to do is put different skin on the frame and put an Audi badge on it. I believe that's what they'll do. It'll have Lambo/Audi parts all over it. That's what cross platforming is. Bet it drives Exactly like a Lambo, only cheaper.

In short Audi just can't resist stealing the Lamborghini glory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Audi Influence

In my opinion, it doesn't seem that Audi's involvement has ended up in compromised Lamborghinis. Styling will always be debated, but reliability, great fit and finish and cutting edge technology will always push this marque to great things. Notice the record sales of the last two years. That insures that there will be continuing excitement for us who can't wait to see the next generation of this particular car. I owned two Lambos in the 80's, and despite living 2 miles away from Claudio Zampoli's Lambo dealership and shop, it was impossible to keep these cars running. Fast forward to today and the picture is very different. I am sure that the hundreds of employees and the dealership network, along with their many employees are VERY happy to see some job security for the first time in 30 years. Nothing will ever be perfect. Just look at the 612 Scaglietti! :)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
When the Italians lost control of the company the company was changed forever. The original Italian designed and built car that we all came to know and love is gone. In its wake are wonderful reminders.The Miura, Countach, Diablo etc. These cars are still experiancing strong demand. Yes they had flaws and the quality and factory support was not always the best but we loved them warts and all. And still do as evidenced by the prices being paid for these older models.
From all accounts the Murceilago and Gallardo are fine cars. Better built with more reliability. Yes there are still many of the same Italians building the cars in Saint Agatha as before. However there is no mistaking the German influence that is everywhere including the design by Luc. Now do not get me wrong, that is not a bad thing, its just that the Lamborghini as we knew it prior to Audi taking over is gone. The company has and is evolving into something else. Whether the Murcielago has the name Lamboghini on it does not matter to me. Audi could have called it whatever they wanted. Obviously they kept the Lambo name and that is what we see when we admire the car.
There is no denying that an era ended when Audi took over and started influencing what the car/cars would become. We are in a new era. A German owned car company that bears the original owners name. Will the Murcielago become more linked with the Germans? Will it start to be thought of as more of a German car than Italian? Only time will tell. For many enthusiasts the music stopped when Audi took over. Now we just have to listen to the new song and decide if it pleases us. I am happy that Audi took over and kept Lamborghini from going out of buisiness. I am genuinly happy for that. However I can't help but wonder what wonderful cars Marcello Gandini might have designed and what exciting cars Lamborghini could have built beyond the 6.0. The King is dead. All hail the new King!

·
Registered
91 Posts
To be honest the last Marcello Gandini creation, the Diablo was not 100% his. In fact what I read is Gandini left because Chrysler butchered his design. A truer reflection of what he wanted the Diablo to look like would be the Cizetta. To me it's a miracle that Lamborghini still produced an amazing car like the Diablo when at the time they had owners from SouthEast Asia. The baby-lambo project never got off the ground because the owners had other priorities and they had design ideas that turned the Italians green in the face. The Diablo 6.0 is the first Audi-ized Lambo and you could already see where the design was going. It's good but it started to look more 'safe', less controversial. I miss all that 'drama' like in the Countach.

Overall I think Lamborghini is in better hands with Audi. Lamborghini lost it's Italian influence, ownership-wise quite long before Audi came into the picture. Considering the numerous non-Italian owners it had before I think Audi is the best so far. It is hard to say how well Audi will preserve the Italian DNA. At the moment I think what Audi is doing is ok. It's not excellent.. just ok. It's clear that the Gallardo is a more German than it is Italian and Audi openly admitted what the purpose of the Gallardo is.. and it is to make profits. I'm wondering which part of the Gallardo is actually from Sant Agata. However I'm quite happy that they decided to leave the flagship model's Italian DNA pretty much intact. Apart from the fact that the body is designed by a Belgian, the heart(engine,transmission,chassis etc) of the Murcielago is still Italian... for now at least.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Raymond - Cross platform is not a bad thing.. Ferrari uses the 360 motor in the Maser... somewhat de-tuned and different pistons, but the block and engine core are Ferrari. Obviously for financial reasons. There is also Maser that looks like and uses same platform as Enzo. The Audi may have a 10 banger with twin turbos, but don't forget we will see 700 hp from the bull next year... I'm not worried and perhaps we should wait till the car is in production...much changes between design and final product.

SPEED2 - Well put. I guess some "purists" will look at Lambo as pre Diablo and post Diablo. I don't think it really matters... we see the same argument in other brands, Porsche guys argue pre air cooled and post air cooled... but at the end of the day Audi is a good thing and my hero because they saved the company (no flames please) :)

GTR - Thank God Gandini had some design change influence. As I posted earlier, Chrysler asked him to change the rear lights. Actually it was more than that. The air intakes were too big and would have blocked vision, the rear quarter panels look like a Citroen (SP?) with a straight line that covers the rear wheels. I have a video with him desgining the car, and it to put it nicely, "it ain't pretty". Chrlysler also wanted an updated the interior.

I'm sure the future will remain about where it is.. a car with mystic, very exclusive, very fast, envied by all and puts fear in most mortal men when they see what's coming up in their rear view mirror...

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
gtr said:
To be honest the last Marcello Gandini creation, the Diablo was not 100% his. In fact what I read is Gandini left because Chrysler butchered his design. A truer reflection of what he wanted the Diablo to look like would be the Cizetta. To me it's a miracle that Lamborghini still produced an amazing car like the Diablo when at the time they had owners from SouthEast Asia. The baby-lambo project never got off the ground because the owners had other priorities and they had design ideas that turned the Italians green in the face. The Diablo 6.0 is the first Audi-ized Lambo and you could already see where the design was going. It's good but it started to look more 'safe', less controversial. I miss all that 'drama' like in the Countach.

Overall I think Lamborghini is in better hands with Audi. Lamborghini lost it's Italian influence, ownership-wise quite long before Audi came into the picture. Considering the numerous non-Italian owners it had before I think Audi is the best so far. It is hard to say how well Audi will preserve the Italian DNA. At the moment I think what Audi is doing is ok. It's not excellent.. just ok. It's clear that the Gallardo is a more German than it is Italian and Audi openly admitted what the purpose of the Gallardo is.. and it is to make profits. I'm wondering which part of the Gallardo is actually from Sant Agata. However I'm quite happy that they decided to leave the flagship model's Italian DNA pretty much intact. Apart from the fact that the body is designed by a Belgian, the heart(engine,transmission,chassis etc) of the Murcielago is still Italian... for now at least.
The Lamborghini car company is evolving. Lets hope that what made it an exciting exotic car continues both in desigh and power. However there is no denying the original dna is gone. In fact, for many including the founder Feruccio himself, the last true Lamborghini was the Countash. According to the story Valentino Balboni tells, Feruccio refused to recognise the Diablo as a "Lamborghini" and turned his back on it when it was first brought over to him to see by Valentino. The Countash was the last car that had his influence on it. Maybe that is why after over 30 years the Countash still "does it" for so many of us!

·
Registered
464 Posts
The reason lambo is different with this owner is the heart of the company which is its factory. filled with german influence. Even with the asian owners this was not the case. there is the story of a long time factory worker that was forced to take down pictures of naked ladies on the wall were he worked becasue the germans came in and said take it down or leave. the worker left!
That is the heart of any company. now I hear there are many germans working in the factory.

The only reason i like audi is so there can still be parts for the older lambos and thats it.
You cant rush or put time limits on art

·
Registered
31 Posts
I could not resist:

Here's a picture of one of the naked girls...this is what mechanics do! I grew up with cars and mechanics and when I saw this, it was just fantastic.

Picture is from March 1996, factory floor S'Agata Bo.

Enjoy

John

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
its_time05 said:
Lamborghini's are still built by hand, where Ferrari will pick anyone off the street to work in their factory, Lamborghini still hand picks experts and professionals for everystep of their process.
:( although I am a lambo fan I have to say this is not correct at all

ferrari workers are at least as professional and passionate as lambo's , they don't pick everyone from the street to work.....
did you know ferrari has a school in maranello for future factory mechanics?
did you know they are in good partnership whit modena engineering university?

I have been in F factory last year and I must say they are really good, more they are very proud of their brand and many steps of the process are still hand built with top quality

·
Registered
464 Posts
For a min. I thought the nacked girls were the Lambos and then I saw the toolbox. LOL!

Ahhh the glory days!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts