Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unsurprisingly, seems most of us are against the Urus. Which is (sort of) what they want because they're looking for a new market. Of the "old" customers, you wouldn't find much interest from Diablo owners. But they would probably get a relatively large share of Aventador owners curious atleast.

That was no SUV, that was a proper offroad 4x4 or whatever that competed in a rally and was originally developed for military. Also it was the greatest 4x4 ever, fact not opinion ;) The Hummer H1 was in a similar vein but an adaptation from military spec, in both cases the roadcar was rugged and functional (if originally anaemic powerplant in H1) ...now look at the H2 and H3. Imagine the disappointment of the H1s :p

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It seems that the Urus will share a common platform with the VW Touareg, the Porsche Cayenne, and the upcoming Bentley Bentayga...the difference is the luxuries, brand name, and so the price. The VW Touareg is priced at ~$50K, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S ~$150K, and the Bentley will likely be over $300K, so the Lambo will probably fall somewhere in between the Bentley and the Porsche. I feel that the Audi Group is trying to "cover the bases" of the SUV market by placing a different brand at each price point. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with an SUV under the Audi brand to slot between the Touareg and the Cayenne to complete the range...

·
Registered
9 Posts
...I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with an SUV under the Audi brand to slot between the Touareg and the Cayenne to complete the range...
Isn't that what the Q7 is already? I suppose it's more along the Touareg than above it. Don't really see Audi doing what VW did with the Phaeton though!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
That was no SUV, that was a proper offroad 4x4 or whatever that competed in a rally and was originally developed for military. Also it was the greatest 4x4 ever, fact not opinion ;) The Hummer H1 was in a similar vein but an adaptation from military spec, in both cases the roadcar was rugged and functional (if originally anaemic powerplant in H1) ...now look at the H2 and H3. Imagine the disappointment of the H1s :p
As a previous H1 owner and almost LM002 owner, the H1 was superior off road in every way, except high-speed.

Either way, look at the SUV/Truck market during the LM002's life compared to now. It's in the same category, this isn't going to be a mass-produced $80k SUV.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I probably championed the whole anti SUV movement. At least I expressed my displeasure loud and clear. :mad: But also knew that as soon as Audi took over it was inevitable. A huge public company is under constant pressure to grow by any means.

If I say, I own a Lamborghini, and then a soccer mom says, yeah me too, does that take the exclusivity and appeal away? You bet. And for those saying, yeah but they won't do what Porsche, Mercedes, and other past exclusive brands have done, don't kid yourself. I can't think of a more effective way to kill the mystique.
Absolutely, I'm a Diablo Roadster owner, a "real" Lambo. Leave it to Audi to destroy this mark by making a soccer mom vehicle. They are already building way too many cars and very unimpressive cars to boot. The Gallardo was an ugly embarrassment that had no right wearing the Lambo badge. It looked like an ugly little wind-up toy from a Japanese cartoon. Same goes for the Huracan, a boring car, both to drive and especially in looks. Nothing special about it at all. An old Jalpa looks 100 times better. I now see Lambos almost every week in the NY area. Prior to Audis expansion, I saw only 3 Lambos on the road in 25 years. I have now seen 4 in the past month alone. The mystique is gone, the name is ruined. Typical German assholes, all business, no soul, no passion. The Urus will put the final nails in the coffin of Lamborghini's image, bringing Lambo to the level of shame that Maserati now endures. An absolute disgrace. The German assholes need to be forcibly removed from ownership, although I have no idea how to accomplish that

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Absolutely, I'm a Diablo Roadster owner, a "real" Lambo. Leave it to Audi to destroy this mark by making a soccer mom vehicle. They are already building way too many cars and very unimpressive cars to boot. The Gallardo was an ugly embarrassment that had no right wearing the Lambo badge. It looked like an ugly little wind-up toy from a Japanese cartoon. Same goes for the Huracan, a boring car, both to drive and especially in looks. Nothing special about it at all. An old Jalpa looks 100 times better. I now see Lambos almost every week in the NY area. Prior to Audis expansion, I saw only 3 Lambos on the road in 25 years. I have now seen 4 in the past month alone. The mystique is gone, the name is ruined. Typical German assholes, all business, no soul, no passion. The Urus will put the final nails in the coffin of Lamborghini's image, bringing Lambo to the level of shame that Maserati now endures. An absolute disgrace. The German assholes need to be forcibly removed from ownership, although I have no idea how to accomplish that
I understand your feelings, I also notice you own an 1985 Aston Martin Lagonda, in my book that takes balls and good taste :) On the other hand: the Lamborghini management is abiding the inevitable laws of capitalism, the same system that allowed you to be able to buy that magnificent looking Diablo of yours :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I understand your feelings, I also notice you own an 1985 Aston Martin Lagonda, in my book that takes balls and good taste :) On the other hand: the Lamborghini management is abiding the inevitable laws of capitalism, the same system that allowed you to be able to buy that magnificent looking Diablo of yours :)
For 35 years they found a way to survive without the hand of a corporate Goliath puppeteering them. Even Chrysler, who basically allowed Lamborghini to remain what they always were, a boutique manufacturer, never overexposed and never diluted their product offerings. Companies like Pagani, Morgan, and a few others show that survival is possible as a boutique manufacturer. Lamborghini's were once inspired by passion alone, certainly not profits. Under Audi, they are inspired by public surveys which are dominated by "families of 4" and the irrepressible bean counters from the German corporate machine. Perhaps this was inevitable, just like Ferrari has now become a shell of its former self, more interested in stamping its name on household items than remaining exclusive. I'll stick with the time capsule however, as every time I get in my Diablo I'm in direct touch with what Lambo once was, and with the roof off at over 100 mph, believe me, they can keep the 2015 models. I'll pass

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hot Damn, a Steely Dave sighting:wave:

Thats as rare as seeing a Diablo Roadster on the road:D

Anyway, agree with most of the opinions except I think the styling of the cars under Audi are showing some improvement as time passes. The first-gen G and M were uninspiring. The 560/640s were better, but I like the A & H, particularly the A roadster.

But like you said in your video, you cannot design cars with the beauty of the Diablo anymore. And if you could, everyone steals design cues these days, swear to God the Corvette C7 front looks exactly like a 458 coming at you in the other lane.....only the stupid driving lights give them away.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,207 Posts
How does somebody that owns a Lagonda call a Gallardo ugly or an embarrassment? Lagonda is fukkin hideous and was a complete flop.
Lol, beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I think the Gallardo is a very good looking car. I admit I'm slightly biased as it was designed by a Belgian :) I haven't seen any 'soccer mum' driving it either, and if so I would certainly give the 'mum' a closer look :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wasn't it around 2007 when Lamborghini finally became profitable? The Gallardo was a huge part of that. Having a car below the V12s was and still is necessary for the company to survive and have money to spend on R&D. I've heard a few times of people seeing Diablo and Murcielago owners looking down on Gallardo owners. It's stupid, pointless, and childish. None of them are superior because they own a car that is more expensive and has a bigger engine. All it proves is they are insecure and have to put others down.

The whole "they're building too many cars" is kind of pointless. Ferrari builds more cars and so far their image isn't suffering. They still have many people who want a Ferrari. How long that will last though is up in the air depending on what they choose to do when investors apply pressure. Heck Lamborghini is only at around 2,400 a year. The Urus though, I hope flops and is killed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
As a previous H1 owner and almost LM002 owner, the H1 was superior off road in every way, except high-speed.

Either way, look at the SUV/Truck market during the LM002's life compared to now. It's in the same category, this isn't going to be a mass-produced $80k SUV.
The target market for the Urus is completely unrelated to the LM002. The LM002 only became available to the public due to the cancellation of an order from the Saudi military. In order to recover development expenses, the vehicle was added to the lineup. It is a military transport vehicle, not an SUV, evidenced clearly by the fact it has almost no storage space at all, just an area for troops to sit in the back. That area has hand rails for the journey over a bumpy desert. In 7 model years, only 301 were built. True exclusivity of the highest order. In only ONE model year of the Urus, they expect to build 3000. You are comparing apples and oranges. The Urus marks the end of any mystique the brand had remaining. It is a cookie cutter suv that looks barely different from a Lexus or Acura. Truly an Audi product, not a traditional Lamborghini product. An absolute "housewife shopper". Its a complete disgrace to the brand and should NOT be built. Build the canceled Asterion instead and keep volume under 500 cars per year

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Here's one for ya. I'd just as soon Lamborghini close down now than to see where it's headed, which is no good. Battery power, further movement to more intuitive push button cars, trying to appeal to more groups, etc. It's over!

I do like the Aventador and Huracan styling, but nothing else.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How does somebody that owns a Lagonda call a Gallardo ugly or an embarrassment? Lagonda is fukkin hideous and was a complete flop.
I knew I'd have to deal with at least one jerkoff on here. First of all, the Gallardo will always look like a wind up toy. It looks terrible and is not owned by real Lambo enthusiasts like a Diablo is. Ive met Gallardo owners while in my Diablo and my 1984 Countach who DID NOT KNOW what my cars were. Unbelievable. Theyre just part of the "me too" crowd unlike a real Lambo owner.The Lagonda is hideous to you because youre someone who apparently likes the Urus. Thats all we need to know about you. Its highly unusual appearance is what makes the car. It literally stops traffic, unlike a Murci or "Gay"-ardo. The Lagonda remains among the most stunning 4 door sedans ever produced, and if you werent such an uninformed moron, you'd know it was the car that SAVED Aston Martin from bankruptcy. It didnt "flop", as you claim. I own the best condition, most perfect Lagonda in existence. Put newer Lambos next to my Lagonda. The Lagonda will receive all the attention and questions from admirers, not the German Lambos. How do I know? Its happened several times. Just like a Gallardo or Murci owner... always talking out of their a*s. F*ckin idiots probably dont even know the history of the company or who designed the V12 that was used for 50 years in various forms. Thanks a lot Audi, you have given us real Lambo owners the "me too" douchebags to deal with

·
Registered
237 Posts
I knew I'd have to deal with at least one jerkoff on here. First of all, the Gallardo will always look like a wind up toy. It looks terrible and is not owned by real Lambo enthusiasts like a Diablo is. Ive met Gallardo owners while in my Diablo and my 1984 Countach who DID NOT KNOW what my cars were. Unbelievable. Theyre just part of the "me too" crowd unlike a real Lambo owner.The Lagonda is hideous to you because youre someone who apparently likes the Urus. Thats all we need to know about you. Its highly unusual appearance is what makes the car. It literally stops traffic, unlike a Murci or "Gay"-ardo. The Lagonda remains among the most stunning 4 door sedans ever produced, and if you werent such an uninformed moron, you'd know it was the car that SAVED Aston Martin from bankruptcy. It didnt "flop", as you claim. I own the best condition, most perfect Lagonda in existence. Put newer Lambos next to my Lagonda. The Lagonda will receive all the attention and questions from admirers, not the German Lambos. How do I know? Its happened several times. Just like a Gallardo or Murci owner... always talking out of their a*s. F*ckin idiots probably dont even know the history of the company or who designed the V12 that was used for 50 years in various forms. Thanks a lot Audi, you have given us real Lambo owners the "me too" douchebags to deal with
lol you sound like an old man who someone just barely walked on their grass and moaning and bitching. While I don't like the Urus, who the hell cares. Why do you or other old school mentality person care what the next person drives and have to feel elitist? Get the hell over yourself. Drive the hell out of your Diablo and there's no need to clown on other lamborghini models.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
There was a time when one of the mods would have stepped in by now, and ask for the conversation to be somewhat more civilized. What is this? Primary school?

·
Registered
88 Posts
lol you sound like an old man who someone just barely walked on their grass and moaning and bitching. While I don't like the Urus, who the hell cares. Why do you or other old school mentality person care what the next person drives and have to feel elitist? Get the hell over yourself. Drive the hell out of your Diablo and there's no need to clown on other Lamborghini models.
Funny, because you sound like the little bitch who stepped on my grass and cant understand why I'm coming after you. Get over myself? Obviously youre not following the course of the thread. Im not clowning on Lamborghini models, because they are NOT Lamborghinis anymore. Theyre Audi's with a Lambo badge. Being built in Sant' Agata doesn't change that fact.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts