Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking, considering how much passion goes into these cars, that Lamborghini's website seems to have no resources for owners. It'd be nice if they had a section where you can download your window sticker. Then another section which outlines in detail all the previous cars history. Maybe a bit on development history, photos of cars being assembled, etc. I think it's silly that I have to go to Wiki to read up on this.

Maybe even a paid section to access owners and repair manuals? I think Toyota and Lexus do a better job in this respect, even BMW to a certain degree.

I mean, really, they only made like 14k Gs in 8 years... they don't have someone on staff that can dole out this information in a convenient manner? I'd even be happy to pay for a translator, lol.

I'd love text on why they decided to style things this way or that way, issues/burdens during the development process. Advancements and milestones. Production numbers, color codes and choice for options/packages etc. Basically a one stop history lesson... maybe even a online configurator for posterity, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Toyota and BMW are much bigger companies than Lamborghini. Also, Lamborghinis are desired cars. People want them, so they do not need to try and convince people to buy. As you suggest, I do think more could be done. I would look at Porsche. They have a lot on their website, and the Porsche Club is one of the largest (if not the largest) car club in the world. I am a long time Porsche owner and club member, and this has greatly added to my connection with the marque. The Lamborghini club has no presence where I am and very few events anywhere.

Also, they made 14k Gallardos in 13 years. Porsche makes that many 911s in like one year. Toyota makes that many whatever in like a few days.

Reactions: AzusilApps

·
Registered
267 Posts
Toyota and BMW are much bigger companies than Lamborghini. Also, Lamborghinis are desired cars. People want them, so they do not need to try and convince people to buy. As you suggest, I do think more could be done. I would look at Porsche. They have a lot on their website, and the Porsche Club is one of the largest (if not the largest) car club in the world. I am a long time Porsche owner and club member, and this has greatly added to my connection with the marque. The Lamborghini club has no presence where I am and very few events anywhere.

Also, they made 14k Gallardos in 13 years. Porsche makes that many 911s in like one year. Toyota makes that many whatever in like a few days.
I was thinking, considering how much passion goes into these cars, that Lamborghini's website seems to have no resources for owners. It'd be nice if they had a section where you can download your window sticker. Then another section which outlines in detail all the previous cars history. Maybe a bit on development history, photos of cars being assembled, etc. I think it's silly that I have to go to Wiki to read up on this.

Maybe even a paid section to access owners and repair manuals? I think Toyota and Lexus do a better job in this respect, even BMW to a certain degree.

I mean, really, they only made like 14k Gs in 8 years... they don't have someone on staff that can dole out this information in a convenient manner? I'd even be happy to pay for a translator, lol.

I'd love text on why they decided to style things this way or that way, issues/burdens during the development process. Advancements and milestones. Production numbers, color codes and choice for options/packages etc. Basically a one stop history lesson... maybe even a online configurator for posterity, etc.
They should also provide owners and service manuals for free on their website

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good points, but the thing about websites is it doesn't really take that much to develop one, it's not like they have to build a huge physical infrastructure, it's just basically some databases.

I definitely have enjoyed the camaraderie in the BMW and also previous Porsche ownership experience, it would just be nice if there was a custodian that could gather all the information, I would even do it for free if I had access to their archives and could read and speak Italian LOL.

·
Registered
267 Posts
All good points, but the thing about websites is it doesn't really take that much to develop one, it's not like they have to build a huge physical infrastructure, it's just basically some databases.

I definitely have enjoyed the camaraderie in the BMW and also previous Porsche ownership experience, it would just be nice if there was a custodian that could gather all the information, I would even do it for free if I had access to their archives and could read and speak Italian LOL.
It would take me a couple hours to implement a download manual repository.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts