Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I bought a Tesla Model Y Performance and I've been obsessed with it ever since. It will easily do 0-60 in 3.5 sec and I've humiliated the likes of Porsches, Camaros and Hondas. So last week, I've decided to do a little gentle "drag racing" between the Model Y Performance and my LP640. Here's the silly video I made:

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tesla has some incredible technology
I still do not care because it lacks so much
Your lp640 is another story (y)(y)(y)(y)
On the 3rd race, driving the Tesla felt like I was standing still. Glad Lambo is still Lambo!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Cool video.

Yeah, my model X was crazy fast, and instant. Unfortunately, that's all Tesla has going for it. Tesla 12V battery died, 2 hours later roadside assistance shows up, guy has not idea how to jump the battery. After another hour, the roadside assistance was able to talk him through it. Then Tesla keeps it for two weeks with no loaner... Two weeks to replace a battery. By the way, this was the third time within 7 months that the vehicle was in service. All covered by warranty, but no loaner. One of the motors was replaced. Overall a horrible customer experience.

Lambo.... I can't stop drooling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i enjoyed the video too...

i have never had a tesla, but have several friends that do. tesla is just not for me, despite the strong acceleration times that my friends always want to cite. the analogy i used with them was this...jerry rice is probably the best receiver in nfl history, but did not have the best 40 time. so many other attributes to consider: hands, route running, toughness, leaping ability, etc. similarly, my friends always want to talk about 0-60, but leave out looks, sound, exclusivity, comfort, and reliability, etc. no contest tesla vs lamborghini.

important - i am NOT dumping on your (or anyone's) tesla! however, this helps explain why i am just not really moved by tesla right now. clearly a biased opinion.

ps--my friends' teslas are constantly in the shop, or they are annoyingly late to meet because they need to find a charger :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
The sound of the Lamborghini wins even if it loses. If I were deaf maybe the Tesla would be acceptable but alas I am not.

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...By the way, this was the third time within 7 months that the vehicle was in service. All covered by warranty, but no loaner. One of the motors was replaced. Overall a horrible customer experience.
That's horrible to hear. Did you Lemon the car?

important - i am NOT dumping on your (or anyone's) tesla! however, this helps explain why i am just not really moved by tesla right now. clearly a biased opinion.
My wife suckered me into a Tesla test drive with the promise of not having to go holiday shopping...well, it was a trap! Aside from the acceleration, the handling is amazing. Probably one of the best cars I've ever driven. I actually feel disgusted at myself for liking Tesla so much...lol. Someone please smack me if I ever turn into one of 'em self righteous Tesla owners...they are just a notch above Prius drivers.

The sound of the Lamborghini wins even if it loses. If I were deaf maybe the Tesla would be acceptable but alas I am not.
Rumor has it that the Lambo V12 was designed by Honda F1 which Bizzarrini denied.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
That's horrible to hear. Did you Lemon the car?
So this is a little embarrassing, but I traded in the Model X and ordered a Model 3 performance. Tesla had a 7 day no questions asked return policy on new cars... so I traded the 3 in for a refund. And two days later they abruptly cancelled the return policy. Model 3 was also crazy fast, but my wife hated it.

Reactions: spdracer888

·
Registered
43 Posts
Someone please smack me if I ever turn into one of 'em self righteous Tesla owners...they are just a notch above Prius drivers.
LOL--stay strong lambro, or you will soon be marveling at gas mileage figures like that Prius crew!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Aside from the acceleration, the handling is amazing.
Absolutely. Car is so heavy the handling is ridiculous as well as the acceleration. But... I lost all interest in the roadster and the cyber truck that we can't get and probably never will.

I am shocked that DoctaM3 still hasn't taken delivery of his SVJ Roadster. I get COVID and all, but daaaaamn. I'm still waiting for my MVAgusta Rush 1000... but I can't ride till Chicago temp hits 55 degrees F regardless

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So this is a little embarrassing, but I traded in the Model X and ordered a Model 3 performance. Tesla had a 7 day no questions asked return policy on new cars... so I traded the 3 in for a refund. And two days later they abruptly cancelled the return policy. Model 3 was also crazy fast, but my wife hated it.
So you were the reason they canceled that policy. :p

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I take credit where credit is due. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,897 Posts
Everywhere I look there is a Tesla, and it is usually a girl or older folks. Wonder if they ever go for the thrill of rapid thrust?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
I will give Tesla credit though the interiors on those cars are indeed impressive looking, very attractive. Though, I guess most of us on this forum are ICE addicts. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,897 Posts
I will give Tesla credit though the interiors on those cars are indeed impressive looking, very attractive. Though, I guess most of us on this forum are ICE addicts. ;)
yes the interior is nice for a sedan. I’ll be interested to see what Apples Applecar is going bring to the Electric autonomous industry.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Tesla’s are great but they lack a soul. The 0-60 runs are exhilarating but wear with time. Now listening to that V10 or V12 never gets tiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
yes the interior is nice for a sedan. I’ll be interested to see what Apples Applecar is going bring to the Electric autonomous industry.
I guess those of us interested in 10 or 12 cylinder cars are not as a group overly enthusiastic about electric cars but I am sure the Tesla forums glow with owner pride. It boils down to what resonates with your soul/spirit. For most of us on this forum that ICE roar is indeed magical.

·
Premium Member
15,897 Posts
I guess those of us interested in 10 or 12 cylinder cars are not as a group overly enthusiastic about electric cars but I am sure the Tesla forums glow with owner pride. It boils down to what resonates with your soul/spirit. For most of us on this forum that ICE roar is indeed magical.
Yes there is that and then there is also APPEARANCE. Park next to a Tesla (any model) and how much attention do you think the Testla will get?

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
141 Posts
Loved the videos, big smile as the LP640 pulls away every time. Gorgeous LP, is it Isis white? Mine is Balloon white with the white Q Citura and Blu Delfinius where yours is brown.

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Loved the videos, big smile as the LP640 pulls away every time. Gorgeous LP, is it Isis white? Mine is Balloon white with the white Q Citura and Blu Delfinius where yours is brown.
The previous owner did a Ad Personam and painted it with "Bentley White" with a Marrone Janice Interior. As far as I know this is 1 of 1. Bentley White is somewhere between Bianco Isis and Balloon white.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts