Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The thing is everyone that's bought a few Lambos wants to be considered a VIP and rightful so. However, the amount of buyers coming to the brand and buying multiple Lambo's has increased which is why keeping a relationship with one dealer is very important.

Personally I haven't heard anything from the few dealers I know about the factory picking VIP's for early AV replacement allocations. My personal opinion is the final say for allocations for the replacement will come down to dealers and I feel like some dealers might use the factory as an excuse if they can't get good clients an early allocation.
juat about everything you are saying is correct . The dealer still has to nominate you and they have their criteria (using that particular dealer to buy all your cars ).

however, my dealer is one of the newer dealers and has been trying to increase lambo star ratings for their customers in order to get them on the list for the early aventador replacement deliveries . My understanding is that Lamborghini will use the star rating to invite the top 100 or so for the non public viewing . Those that get the invite and attend will get the earliest cars .

I received 3 stars for having bought 3 brand new lambos and still holding them . For some reason , he was not able to update two prior brand new Lambo’s that I had purchased from a different dealer (before my current dealer even existed and I do no longer own those two ).

I received one extra star for 19 other cars (my dealer stopped populating once he determined it wasn’t doing to have any significant impact on the star rating . Attached is a sample of the other cars
Font Rectangle Gadget Output device Display device

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
juat about everything you are saying is correct . The dealer still has to nominate you and they have their criteria (using that particular dealer to buy all your cars ).

however, my dealer is one of the newer dealers and has been trying to increase lambo star ratings for their customers in order to get them on the list for the early aventador replacement deliveries . My understanding is that Lamborghini will use the star rating to invite the top 100 or so for the non public viewing . Those that get the invite and attend will get the earliest cars .

I received 3 stars for having bought 3 brand new lambos and still holding them . For some reason , he was not able to update two prior brand new Lambo’s that I had purchased from a different dealer (before my current dealer even existed and I do no longer own those two ).

I received one extra star for 19 other cars (my dealer stopped populating once he determined it wasn’t doing to have any significant impact on the star rating . Attached is a sample of the other cars
View attachment 318684

So a couple years back just before COVID became a thing I was at the factory with a friend of mine who was spec'ing his SVJ63. The guy who's the head of AdP is a fellow named Fabio Meneghetti. We went out for lunch with him and he started talking to us about his time at Ferrari . It turns out that Fabio was the one who brought over the internal star rating to Lambo because he was the one that managed the internal ratings and selecting VIP clients for Ferrari.

What was interesting was he said the star rating criteria is like a secret sauce and a lot of factors go into each star but he told us that the star rating alone doesn't determine if you get allocation for the special cars. Dealer relationship was important but also having contacts at the factory was equally important.

Keep in mind back this was back in 2020 and the demand for Lambos wasn't that high and dealers weren't selling out of cars so the star rating didn't play a major role. Now with record high demand dealers and the factory will likely lean more on the star rating to determine who gets allocation for high demand models. The lure of Lambo was it wasn't like Ferrari or Porsche because anyone could buy a car but it seems like those days are behind us and more of this VIP convo we're having will increase over the coming months and years.

·
Registered
870 Posts
So a couple years back just before COVID became a thing I was at the factory with a friend of mine who was spec'ing his SVJ63. The guy who's the head of AdP is a fellow named Fabio Meneghetti. We went out to lunch with him and he started talking to us about his time at Ferrari . It turns out that Fabio was the one who brought over the internal star rating to Lambo because he was the one that managed the internal ratings and selecting VIP clients for Ferrari.

What was interesting was he said the star system criteria is like a secret sauce and a lot of factors go into each star but he told us that the star rating alone doesn't determine if you get allocation for the special cars. Dealer relationship was important but also have contacts at the factory were equally important.

Keep in mind back in 2020 the demand for Lambos wasn't this high and dealers weren't selling out so the star rating didn't play a major role. Now with record high demand dealers and the factory will lean more on the star system to determine who gets allocation for high demand models. The lure of Lambo was it wasn't like Ferrari or Porsche because anyone could buy a car but it seems like those days are behind us and more of this VIP convo we're having will increase over the coming months and years.
Good timing that there is a rating system in place when the demand is super-high.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,570 Posts
Because of this thread I just ordered the upcoming Beyond magazine from Lambo hoping that my star rating will go up!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Good timing that there is a rating system in place when the demand is super-high.
And this is why the rating system was put in place. The Lambo brand has finally entered the big leagues and dealers are starting to realize allocations are no longer a dime a dozen so they have to now rely on some sort of rating system to make sure repeat customers get allocations.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

View attachment 318684
Baller

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Because of this thread I just ordered the upcoming Beyond magazine from Lambo hoping that my star rating will go up!!!
Win!

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's not a subscription or is it? looks like a collar of earlier issues

"In celebration of the first thirty editions of the Lamborghini Magazine, Beyond is an edit of the best past issues enhanced with previously-unseen video footage, augmented-reality solutions and exclusive content penned by illustrious writers. Produced in a limited edition, the volume is only available in English."

It does look real cool and may also have to pick it up.

if you want the star rating to go up, maybe this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's not a subscription or is it? looks like a collar of earlier issues

"In celebration of the first thirty editions of the Lamborghini Magazine, Beyond is an edit of the best past issues enhanced with previously-unseen video footage, augmented-reality solutions and exclusive content penned by illustrious writers. Produced in a limited edition, the volume is only available in English."

It does look real cool and may also have to pick it up.

if you want the star rating to go up, maybe this?

Wow! $18k….. What exactly is in this book 😱

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don’t know how these badges are calculated but I only got 1, literally the lowest rating. I’m going to have my dealer add the missing cars but I got 1 with sto on order, murci lp640 current and 4 previous in system one being a svj roadster.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I don’t know how these badges are calculated but I only got 1, literally the lowest rating. I’m going to have my dealer add the missing cars but I got 1 with sto on order, murci lp640 current and 4 previous in system one being a svj roadster.
The formula is like a secret sauce, no one knows what increases the star rating. I know someone with one off Lambos and he only has 2 stars but gets any alloctions he wants. I think your relationship with your dealer matter mores than your rating.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,570 Posts
That means you’re part of the 1%!!! Smile!

41 - 60 of 64 Posts