Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the discussion about allocations and reservation lists I was wondering what it takes to achieve the elusive VIP status with Lamborghini?

And flip side of that question… what qualifies as a VIP level customer with dealers? I’m sure it varies by dealer, so curious how it may differ?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
There's no set guidelines to be considered VIP and it really depends on your dealer. What I've realized over the years at the dealer level is it doesn't matter how many cars you bought, it's more about your relationship with your SA

I've heard lately Lambo HQ is tracking clients and the more new cars you've bought, the higher you're on the list. Who knows if this is true but if demand remains high in the coming years expect HQ to track clients like Ferrari and Porsche

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I've met a couple VIPs. I believe they were VIPs because they bought a lot of brand new custom spec V12 cars, had been doing so for a while, and showed no signs of slowing down.

·
Registered
829 Posts
There's no set guidelines to be considered VIP and it really depends on your dealer. What I've realized over the years at the dealer level is it doesn't matter how many cars you bought, it's more about your relationship with your SA

I've heard lately Lambo HQ is tracking clients and the more new cars you've bought, the higher you're on the list. Who knows if this is true but if demand remains high in the coming years expect HQ to track clients like Ferrari and Porsche
Is it true Ferrari excludes you from a limited edition F-Car if you own a Lamborghini?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I've met a couple VIPs. I believe they were VIPs because they bought a lot of brand new custom spec V12 cars, had been doing so for a while, and showed no signs of slowing down.
This is true for certain markets. Smaller markets have a smaller share of V12 owners so multiple H and U owners will be considered VIP. It also depends on your relationship with your dealer and if you contribute to their bank account by doing dealer sponsored drives and events.

Oh, another thing the factory looks at is factory sponsored event participating. Lambo really doesn't have many sponsored events but going for a factory tour, doing La Prima, watching a GT race, visiting the Lambo lounge during car week gets you in the good books and it also generates money because dealers have to pay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pretty bummed to read all of this. Never owned a Lamborghini, always owned GT3s, and recently a '22 R8. Put a deposit down on both a Tecnica and the new "A" in March. Opted to pass on the Tecnica when the time came as my heart truly is set on owning a 12Cyl. Now after reading all these posts I'm doubting I'll get the chance. Maybe it's just time to pull the trigger on a used "A" or just keep hoping.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pretty bummed to read all of this. Never owned a Lamborghini, always owned GT3s, and recently a '22 R8. Put a deposit down on both a Tecnica and the new "A" in March. Opted to pass on the Tecnica when the time came as my heart truly is set on owning a 12Cyl. Now after reading all these posts I'm doubting I'll get the chance. Maybe it's just time to pull the trigger on a used "A" or just keep hoping.
That doesn't mean you're NEVER gonna get A replacement. It just means you'll have to wait

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I only bought 1 new Lamborghini from the dealer. I do have 1 deposit for the urus sport 1 for the coupe and 1 for the roadster ( next av ).

However I did sell my dealer 3 cars. I sold them back my urus , along with 2 other vehicles. Selling to them also helps with the relationship

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I only bought 1 new Lamborghini from the dealer. I do have 1 deposit for the urus sport 1 for the coupe and 1 for the roadster ( next av ).

However I did sell my dealer 3 cars. I sold them back my urus , along with 2 other vehicles. Selling to them also helps with the relationship
They love customers that sell back.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
This is true for certain markets. Smaller markets have a smaller share of V12 owners so multiple H and U owners will be considered VIP. It also depends on your relationship with your dealer and if you contribute to their bank account by doing dealer sponsored drives and events.

Oh, another thing the factory looks at is factory sponsored event participating. Lambo really doesn't have many sponsored events but going for a factory tour, doing La Prima, watching a GT race, visiting the Lambo lounge during car week gets you in the good books and it also generates money because dealers have to pay.
I think you are spot on. I met both people at Lamborghini events. Both frequented Lamborghini sponsored gatherings. One of them where friendly with Stephan Winkelmann.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
16,515 Posts
I have no idea what my status with the dealership is but if it takes me 4 years to get an "A" replacement I think I'll have my answer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts