Lamborghini Talk banner
501 - 520 of 670 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
A-pillars? I'm planning on these in addition to what you mentioned.
No, I am not having the A-pillars covered. Those areas have not been an issue for me with past two Huracans'. Though, if you intend to track it may not be a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Given my paint is matte I’m more sensitive to a random, unexpected scuff at a car show or in the stable, so I’m doing full car. I don’t think a minor scratch can be easily corrected with matte. But for the previous 3 Lambo’s it was just front and side rocker. Curious if any other matte paint owners think ?
I've had two matt paint cars. First was my AMG GTR in green hell magno and my current Lambo which is blu aegeus. I did the entire car on my GTR because it was my first which in hindsight wasn't necessary in my opinion. I've done full frontal on the blu aegeus car and I'm not really worried about it. You lose a bit with matt ppf in my opinion of the natural look of the matt and that's what you pay all the money for.

Additionally, I found out when you look at matt ppf with polarized sunglasses it looks horrible. I held up my sunglasses and took a pic to show you. When I first saw it I freaked out. Then upon searching and talking to my PPF guy it's a normal thing with matt ppf on a matt car. I was thinking; okay here I am driving around thinking I'm cool and someone with polarized sunglasses is looking at your car wondering what the hell is wrong with your paint.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I've had two matt paint cars. First was my AMG GTR in green hell magno and my current Lambo which is blu aegeus. I did the entire car on my GTR because it was my first which in hindsight wasn't necessary in my opinion. I've done full frontal on the blu aegeus car and I'm not really worried about it. You lose a bit with matt ppf in my opinion of the natural look of the matt and that's what you pay all the money for.

Additionally, I found out when you look at matt ppf with polarized sunglasses it looks horrible. I held up my sunglasses and took a pic to show you. When I first saw it I freaked out. Then upon searching and talking to my PPF guy it's a normal thing with matt ppf on a matt car. I was thinking; okay here I am driving around thinking I'm cool and someone with polarized sunglasses is looking at your car wondering what the hell is wrong with your paint.

View attachment 301248

View attachment 301249
Which film is on that? I had xpel stealth on black matte and it didn’t show up like that at all but could’ve been due to the paint being black.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Which film is on that? I had xpel stealth on black matte and it didn’t show up like that at all but could’ve been due to the paint being black.
It was suntek but all brands do it. If you did have polarized sunglasses on and saw nothing then I'd assume being black masked the effect.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts

View attachment 301248

View attachment 301249

View attachment 301250
Appreciate the perspective, I haven’t even thought about this possibility. Is the front of your blu aegeus like this with a polarized lens? (Yikes) …both stunning colors BTW!

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Appreciate the perspective, I haven’t even thought about this possibility. Is the front of your blu aegeus like this with a polarized lens? (Yikes) …both stunning colors BTW!
Yes confirmed. I took these just now. Took it while holding the glasses with my iphone behind it. It looks worse just wearing the glasses. Third pic is a normal pic of the hood with no glasses. But on the first two you can see the lines. This PPF is over a year old so it doesn't just go away.

Just make sure anyone who comes around your car you ask them to remove their sunglasses - lol.

Hood Automotive lighting Blue Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Gentlemen, I think maybe be we have wondered off topic. Not sure how the above discussion is related to tracking and/or order status. ;) Maybe some of our forum members that are at different phases of said timeline can contribute.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
My EVO will be delivered to Rene, a PPF wizard, in Texas on the 20th of October............then the fun begins!
Let's see, "delivery" and the "20th of October" seems consistent with the original theme. The 20th in fact is the end point, and it appears, to me, to be eminently relevant. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
FYI, here is my EVO timeline after arriving at port:
1. arrived on the 4th of October at the Baltimore Port
2. it will be transported to the dealership on the 11th or 12th of October (~ 1 week). As I mentioned before, the transport is not arranged by the dealership but by Lamborghini factory.
3. I was advised that the PDI takes the dealership only 4 to 6 hours to complete..........

Hopefully, the information contained in this thread will give waiters some idea of what to expect through production and delivery. Once my saga is over I will create a detailed summary from start to finish for future reference.
HOW IS IT GOING????
Need an update about the infotainment system too =D

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
HOW IS IT GOING????
Need an update about the infotainment system too =D
My EVO arrives at the dealership today and will be transported via enclosed carry to my PPF installer on the 20th of October. BTW, here is an update of my timeline I started in a separate thread, start with post #1.
I will definitely update you on the infotainment system after the PPF is complete and after I put the system through its paces. I will also comment on the Sensonum stereo as well. I had the base system in my 2021 so, I am hoping it is much improved. More to follow.............

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
Long time coming, and Blu’s Back Better.

Here are the first pictures of the sequel to Blu, and now we have Blu II (AKA, Best Blu 🙏). These pictures were graciously provided by my SA and manager of the Charlotte Dealership, Chase Winslow. Chase, has kept me apprised of all the production updates in a timely manner, and he is a first-rate sales ambassador. If you need both a stellar dealership and a stellar SA, I would give Chase, at the Charlotte dealership, a call.
I am scheduled to take delivery on the 20th of October, and at that point, I will officially leave the waiters club. Best of luck to those that are patiently, and not so patiently, awaiting their EVO deliveries. Rest assured your time will come……..........
🥂🍾

Attachments

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
@Lambo2018 Congrats! Are you not going to Charlotte to at least check it out? My plan is to fly up to Atlanta for arrival and then have it shipped to Tampa but I want to make sure all looks well before it leaves the dealership. Maybe I’m being too cautious?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #517 ·
Additional pictures of the Leather Roof Liner........Chase, remarked the car has a great leather smell better than with the Alcantara! That's what I wanted, and hoped for! Plus leather looks so much neater. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
@Lambo2018 Congrats! Are you not going to Charlotte to at least check it out? My plan is to fly up to Atlanta for arrival and then have it shipped to Tampa but I want to make sure all looks well before it leaves the dealership. Maybe I’m being too cautious?
No not this time but next Lamborghini I hope to be able to visit the Charlotte dealership; too much going on at the home front. Though to be honest, if Chase says the car is good to go, I am sure it's good to go.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
139 Posts
Congratulations! That was a long wait, but it's all worth it now!!

Reactions: Lambo2018
501 - 520 of 670 Posts