301 - 320 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | STO (It’s on the boat) l
156 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone know when a build locks and you can't make more changes? Is there a certain status code and date given or can it happen at any time post allocation?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (In Transport!)
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Anyone know when a build locks and you can't make more changes? Is there a certain status code and date given or can it happen at any time post allocation?
Once the order is submitted it no longer can be changed or modified. It is different than Porsche, in that, you can modify your order after you submit it up until the point it reaches V250 status.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Once the order is submitted it no longer can be changed or modified. It is different than Porsche, in that, you can modify your order after you submit it up until the point it reaches V250 status.
Interesting...I've made a few changes since submission but they required Lambo approval (vs. dealer approval). Wasn't sure if there was an actual status/date or if one day Lambo will just stop saying "yes" and I'm locked :)

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Interesting...I've made a few changes since submission but they required Lambo approval (vs. dealer approval). Wasn't sure if there was an actual status/date or if one day Lambo will just stop saying "yes" and I'm locked :)
So, you made changes after you were at "Status 30 Submitted"? If so, good for you but I was told once Lamborghini accepts the order it's game when it comes to making changes.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 · (Edited)
Correct - status 30.

But again, it required approval directly from Lamborghini.
Glad to hear you could manage it. I feel if takes only 15 hours and 20 minutes to produce a Huracan they can easily accommodate a few changes. Especially, in light of the fact, from order placement to assembly-line is a ~ 5 a month gap.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
from the moment you have a VIN, the car goes into painting and assembly line, then test, it takes 1 month just when leaving the factory
Thanks Franck. So, are you suggesting a month from VIN to delivery? That is at least what a few of our forum members have deduced from their past experiences as well as the experiences of other forum members.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
am now flip flopping between large forged carbon, small, or none.
Reminds me of when I was speccing my Porsches........I had too much time to muck around with the specs and I drove myself crazy. I was kind of glad when it went V250. :giggle:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got the latest LOOM screenshot from my dealer. I’m going to take the optimistic view and pretend this means my car can go down the line at any moment between now and December. More realistically, I’m hopeful this signals that Lamborghini definitely has all of the parts and the car is really getting built. I can hardly contain my excitement—first time in my life I’m looking forward to winter.

Naturally my situation has changed since I ordered the car and I’ll be on the East coast for a while yet, so it’ll come into Southern California in the dead of winter only to be shipped to NYC. Nothing snow tires can’t solve.

Any insights into what a Kenn number is?
Font Display device Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Congratulations Jason! My understanding is that the projected completion date is fairly accurate but there have been at least one person I know of that had his completion date moved a month earlier (@tfenton02). My car is projected to be completed by the 18th of September but intially it was slated for the 23rd of September so, keep your fingers crossed it may happen sooner.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Congrats on the car, Rossi Mars will be an epic color in NYC over the holidays!

301 - 320 of 376 Posts