Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if you know or care but i was wondering what color the supra off of the fast and the furious was. I am pretty sure the color is off of a lamborghini.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ask Craig,
That was his car in F&F1. Have seen a few postings from him. Of course thats assuming its really him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, itwas the traditional Diablo orange...uses a white base, then on the regular Diablo, two coats of pearl orange (I believe). On my car, we had three coats, so it was a tad darker.

Call Quigleys' at 949 768 5915....they painted that car (and about 10 other cars I've owned.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to ask but do you know the color code for that color. and by white base do you mean to have a white layer underneath?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The color code is:0058...I THINK...again, call Quigley's to be safe.

And if you don't know about base coats on candy paint jobs, a qualified body shop will.

White is the base coat...if you use silver, the paint will appear much different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many coats of clearcoat did you do or does it even matter.... i am having a friend paint it and i need to buy the paint and what not for him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nickhager_99 said:
How many coats of clearcoat did you do or does it even matter.... i am having a friend paint it and i need to buy the paint and what not for him.
In California, we used water based paints due to EPA/CARB regs. Putting more clear on it doesn't help...in fact, it makes the paint more chip prone.

If I had to do it over again, all my cars would be painted in Az, where you can still use solvent based paints ( I believe that's what they're called).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts