Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like the article mentioned in recent years there has been a strong increase in brand awareness. The exotic car market in Malaysia has been relatively good and the traditional buys would be Porsches and Ferraris. These buyers won't blink to buy a Ferrari but buying Lamborghinis is a turn off because of poor aftersales(no representation) and also lack of education on the Lamborghini brand. The exotic car market seems to be growing with names like Pagani setting up shop last year.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Campbell,
Sorry for not noticing your question earlier. Anyway their list price in malaysian ringgit without insurance is 1.85million for the Murcie e-gear and 1.45million for Gallardo e-gear.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You don't want to be driving a Lamborghini in Malaysia...people drive like s**t here.
There are only two rules on Malaysian roads :
1/ most of the time, if you can, try to drive on the left lane :(
2/The famous ''Me first, and Me only''... which is a general traffic rule in Asia, is very well applied here :)
These rules apply preferably when you got caught in the traffic...which is about...22 hours a day...
Driving in here is too dangerous, and roads are not good enough to enjoy driving such an expensive car...unless your dealer has lots of spare parts :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say the very few places you would enjoy driving a Lamborghini would be on certain stretches of the north-south expressway and I do mean 'certain stretches' only, elite expressway, NKVE and maybe the new eastcoast expressway. You still have to be careful though. Although you'd think they're good enough but they're not designed for speeds in excess of say 260km/h. First hand experience in a Diablo VT going around 240-260 km/h on elite on the way to the F1 circuit, what looked like a mild undulation and probably harmless in other cars caused our Diablo to 'lift-off' and land hard causing the tyre to scrape the inside of the fender. I can still recall smelling burnt rubber :)

Btw do you know you have a rare RHD Gold 6.0SE on the island. I keep seeing the car when its in KL. Managed to take a photo of it recently.

·
Registered
688 Posts
gtr said:
looked like a mild undulation and probably harmless in other cars caused our Diablo to 'lift-off' and land hard causing the tyre to scrape the inside of the fender. I can still recall smelling burnt rubber :)
Last time I went to F1 Sepang was in a Bentley Continental GT...didn't noticed any mild undulation :D :D ...

That's right some portions are...oklah ;) ...but people in their cars or on their mopeds are so...unpredictable.
I don't know about Sepang, but I know the circuit in Pasir Gudang (were the 500cc were racing before Sepang) is opened most of the weekends to private cars and bikes. Most of the guys are driving half-finished home made tuned Protons. Surprisingly, compared to the mess around, this is well organized, but I have not seen anything interesting yet..except maybe the Subaru Club of Singapore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
gtr,

Any idea whether the KL dealer services cars from Singapore?

Sorry to bump this nearly 4yr old thread right up again though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Jannuary will also open the new Milano Centro Lamborghini to make happy all the north italian customers!
If someone would like to take part at the great opening happening just send me a PM!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hi Guy. My name is Braco who own a yellow Gallardo. I m based in Kuala Lumpur looking for lambo buddies... to gather once a week or so.
BRACO

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hi. I m also new in Kuala Lumpur. I owned a yellow Gallardo finding lambo or other supercars owners as kakis to get to gather once a week or so...
BRACO

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Eurosport

hey, I am new here, any idea who owns the lambo dealership in Malaysia? and what's the prices of these Lambos in Ringgit Malaysia?
LAMBO KL is owned by LAMBO SG "Eurosport". Prices depend which model you are looking at. CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts