Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, Kirk here,

I want to share my experience at a dealership in Sarasota. I recently visited the Lamborghini dealership of Sarasota, FL for the first time. I went in there with my mom, little brother and a good friend to take a quick look of the showroom. I had questions in mind, and I wanted some information of a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo that was displayed. There were two salesmen, the place empty, except for us and the salesmen. The whole time we where there, non of them even approached us or even greeted for simple "How are you?". Anyway, the place looks like a dealer-friendly dealership. Unfortunately, it sticks to the human nature of typical salesman "judgement" and "snob" act. I can't believe even a dealership like this would treat potential customers the way they did today.

Anyway, we decided to leave with questions unanswered and motives crushed.

Truly yours,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Based on your two other threads, it seems as if you are not all that familiar with these cars. Were you actually interested in buying one or there just to look at the cars?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My worries, I was just making a general statement of the Gallardo. Just to clarify on things, I'm quite familiar with these cars. I was just there to look at the cars. It would've been better I was actually interested in buying one. Haha...

·
Registered
49 Posts
My worries, I was just making a general statement of the Gallardo. Just to clarify on things, I'm quite familiar with these cars. I was just there to look at the cars. It would've been better I was actually interested in buying one. Haha...
no offence, but how seriously do you want those salesmen to take you? 2 teenagers, a kid and a mother walking into a lambo dealer. isn't the burden or obligation on you to state your intentions clearly? wouldn't it have been polite of you to say hi first, and asked if it was ok for you to take a look around?

you had no intention or ability to buy the car then, and that was probably clear as day to the salesmen. i thought they were being fairly decent to let you have your space and view the cars, that you would so much like to owe one day. life isn't like that porsche advertisement, where salesmen take the questions of kids too seriously. you are as much a potential customer, as the next guy on the street, hoping to strike the lottery. might be a slightly different story, if your dad went with you. and if you have questions, you ask nicely. you don't wait for the person to come to you, and ask nicely what you want. that's how it works in real life.

sorry for bursting your bubble, i'm just a jaded little prick of a realist. i wish you all the best in attaining your dream one day soon, and remember that nobody owes you courtesy.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,831 Posts
I think Apotted makes a lot of sense. It would have been a great idea (if you are serious) to have called and made an appointment. You could have even prepared the salesman a little about your age. I never go shopping for a big ticket item without making an appointment. I don't like time being wasted, I never have enough as it is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the critical statements Apottedplant and Russk. It really changed the way my perspective of how I'm going to approach top-notch dealers like these the next time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't understand why "salesman" are such snobs at places like these. I'm sure they get 1000's of lookers to every buyer but who says you can't be nice to people. These places are never packed from what I've seen so not like acknowledging you exist is costing them a sale across the floor to another associate. Plus these guys are nobody special, if they could afford a lamb themselves they wouldn't be working at the ground level of an exotic car dealership. I actually visited several dealers on my shopping experience and found either salesman "A" to act like your a nobody to him, even when you tell him your a serious cash buyer and inform him of exactly what your looking. Or salesman "B" who literally told me who cares what color it is its still a lamborghini and ours are better than anyone else's blah blah blah pushy push push.

Kirk, I understand that your a teenager, but if and when you have the money to actually get this type of car, if a place can't give you some common respect, or treat you right, take your money elsewhere. If I ran my business the way these lambo dealers do I'd still be driving a minivan asking myself "why haven't things worked out"

Just my .02

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still question myself why are they "snobs at places like these". I guess its hard to find an exotic car dealership that really treats your right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I still question myself why are they "snobs at places like these". I guess its hard to find an exotic car dealership that really treats your right.
Correction:
'It's hard to find an exotic car dealership that really treats you right, when you are 16 years old, walk in without an appointment and expect to be treated as a real potential customer.'

I'll bet you didn't go up to them to ask if it's ok to take a look at the cars, and that you are a Lamborghini fanatic. That it'll really make your day, and you really appreciate it. But you probably swaggered in, thinking that you are a REAL POTENTIAL CUSTOMER, at 16 years old. Thinking that they, as salesmen, are obliged to be nice to you first. To greet you nicely, and perhaps bring you for a test drive.

You'll be surprised at how friendly people can be when you make the first move. Nobody is obliged to be nice to you, unless you give them a reason. And I'm sure you didn't give them any reasons whatsoever. Don't worry, i was an self-absorbed little prick with next to no social manners when i was 16. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apottedplant. Yes, I did go up to them and asked them if it was ok to look at the cars. I did told them I "love Lamborghini's". I believe I do have manners. I don't treat anyone like crap, below, or above. I have far more respect to others than having no social manners. Sorry, but that's just me. Just wanted to clear that up. I don't want you or anyone else looking at me like a little prick. I apologize if I can't always be right. You tell me how to do things right, and I'll be willing to listen and learn.

·
Registered
507 Posts
no offence, but how seriously do you want those salesmen to take you? 2 teenagers, a kid and a mother walking into a lambo dealer. isn't the burden or obligation on you to state your intentions clearly? wouldn't it have been polite of you to say hi first, and asked if it was ok for you to take a look around?

you had no intention or ability to buy the car then, and that was probably clear as day to the salesmen. i thought they were being fairly decent to let you have your space and view the cars, that you would so much like to owe one day. life isn't like that porsche advertisement, where salesmen take the questions of kids too seriously. you are as much a potential customer, as the next guy on the street, hoping to strike the lottery. might be a slightly different story, if your dad went with you. and if you have questions, you ask nicely. you don't wait for the person to come to you, and ask nicely what you want. that's how it works in real life.

sorry for bursting your bubble, i'm just a jaded little prick of a realist. i wish you all the best in attaining your dream one day soon, and remember that nobody owes you courtesy.
While you have very valid points I think a different approach by the salemen could have been taken that may have left a better impression.

As a saleman I would have approached them as I would any other customer. This would have helped determine the seriousness of their intent as buyers. It would also allow me to control their nature and extent of their visit.

If I determined they were just looking I would have taken a few moments to talk up the young kids; this allows me to engage them,build love of the brand (think long term future customers!!) and keep them occupied (thus minimizing the chance of damaging the inventory). It would also create positive feelings among the adults and give them a few moments to "look". If we had inexpensive freebies (pens, key rings etc) that would be the time to give a few to the kids. If they were actually interested in a sale it would be revealed at that point.

·
Registered
49 Posts
While you have very valid points I think a different approach by the salemen could have been taken that may have left a better impression.

As a saleman I would have approached them as I would any other customer. This would have helped determine the seriousness of their intent as buyers. It would also allow me to control their nature and extent of their visit.

If I determined they were just looking I would have taken a few moments to talk up the young kids; this allows me to engage them,build love of the brand (think long term future customers!!) and keep them occupied (thus minimizing the chance of damaging the inventory). It would also create positive feelings among the adults and give them a few moments to "look". If we had inexpensive freebies (pens, key rings etc) that would be the time to give a few to the kids. If they were actually interested in a sale it would be revealed at that point.
i don't think the sales guys were the best in town, but their attitude and action are certainly more the norm than anything else. i realise, as a serial buyer of cars, that the customer has an equal part to play in the game of good customer service. if you want good service, then you have to learn how to bait the salesmen.

most ppl don't like their time to be wasted, and long term sales prospect (ie. more than 1 year away), just don't float the boats of salesmen. i'm sure plenty have had their hopes raised and time wasted, to end up with no sales.

i thought they were pretty reasonable giving the kids space and not being rude about it.

and why are we even encouraging kids to indulge in this fantasy of exotic cars? i never seriously thought about having an exotic car when i was 16. i had tons of other things on my mind, like chicks, hanging out at the mall, exams, and japanese ricers. i knew i was going to own a supercar at sometime in my life, and that was it. wasn't spending time obsessing over something that wouldn't be for at least 10 years.

we all say that people shouldn't work for the money. it'll never make them happy. do what you enjoy. then enjoy excelling at what you do. the key is to be better than your peers and the people around you. to pursue excellence, and never settle for being second best. never accept mediocrity.

what happiness awaits one so yng, with a fetish for a hobby so out of reach for most? the 18 years old kids i know who drives exotic, were born into wealth.

at the end of the day, i just feel a 16 year old should be out at the malls. at the movies. out a date. partying with his mates. going to the arcades. not hanging out at lamborghini showrooms. that's just me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this dealership very well. They have people come in there ALL the time just to look around (and they actually encourage it!) They don't mind if you just want to look.

But, ... just so you know, (and to clear up any miss information) most "serious" buyers will make an appointment ahead of time. A serious buyer doesn't want to waste they're valuable time and just "show up." They expect the FULL attention of the salesman for the entire time they are there. But honestly, ... I can tell you from experience, that most Lamborghini's are bought BEFORE the owner actually steps into the showroom! I've seen it so many times first hand.

The people at Sarasota Lamborghini are very friendly. They meant NO disrespect. They figured you would enjoy your visit MORE if you weren't being pestered or followed around by a salesman. And if you had any questions, they would have been happy to answer anything for you. But, ... these type dealerships are a LOT different then walking into your normal "Toyota" dealership.

I am a Car Transporter, and have transported MANY Lamborghini's for this dealership. I can actually say, that they are very pleasant to deal with, and I have been to MANY Exotic Car Shows with them. I have witnessed them go out of their way to be extremely friendly & respectful to everyone! Money or No money.

Just my .02

(Here's a pic of me and the Diablo from the Dumb & Dumber Movie with Jim Carey)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts