Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Getting the car out from winter hibernation, the battery has been kept on a CTEK conditioner so I know it's got plenty of volts. Fires up but instantly running like a dog, Check engine light is on and because it's running so badly the e-gear does not want to engage as it should. The car has no power and does not want to rev, making it almost impossible to drive... P2121 on my basic OBD code reader says I have a throttle position sensor issue that needs a trailer, a trip to the dealers and a huge bill. Except I have had this fault once before, that I solved 3yrs ago, I know what to look for and here is the fix. Having been stood for so long the engine vacuum system used to control the secondary valves in the plenum chamber, has lost pressure and or the valves/actuators are sticking. There is four of them, they sit between the throttle air intakes on each side of the air box, next to where the 'borg' part of Lamborghini is written, one facing up and one facing down. They open flaps inside the chamber based on engine revs, the more you rev, the more engine pressure increases, the more air the car needs, the more the flaps open. Let the engine run for a few minutes to re-build up vacuum pressure, switch off, GENTLY work each of these 4 valves/actuators with some silicon spray (NOT WD40, never use WD40 it's not a lubricant and will perish rubber seals over time) to make sure they are all free to move. Put the ignition back on, without starting the engine and clear out the fault codes with a basic OBD code reader, the socket is hidden up under the dash where your clutch pedal would be. The check engine light should then go out. Restart the engine and hopefully, the car is back running as it should and the check engine light should not come back on. If this does not work the first time it's worth trying it a few times. Hope it helps someone and saves them a trip to the dealers or a load of parts they do not need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts