Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to secure an extra key for my 2008 LP640. The dealers are insane with their pricing. What do the forum members know about the listed E-Bay "used" keys and the "Audi" transformations?

They are much less but having gone this route with a former BMW, I got stuck with a key that did not work and that the dealer could not code.

Miss the good old days of taking the original key to a :)locksmith, pay $5.00, and have a key cut

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You can at least rejoice that the direction has reversed and trending toward $0 for a new key. My phone is my key for my Tesla, which I love. That will be a $5 savings for you.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
On the topic, yes you can get an uncut key on ebay and have any locksmith cut it but there's no way around it as the key must be programmed at Lamborghini from my understanding.

This guy can most likely get you a key and it will probably be the cheapest in the nation AMHParts

Good luck as I soon too need a spare.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that is an answer that commands respect!

Thank you very much! I was told that the E-Bay "used" key FOBS ( remotes) can be used at considerable savings ( on E-Bay currently at asking $335....then go buy cut key and then take all to Lambo dealer for reprogramming). Does that make sense?
I am not sure of the reprogramming costs at Lambo dealer.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Now that is an answer that commands respect!

Thank you very much! I was told that the E-Bay "used" key FOBS ( remotes) can be used at considerable savings ( on E-Bay currently at asking $335....then go buy cut key and then take all to Lambo dealer for reprogramming). Does that make sense?
I am not sure of the reprogramming costs at Lambo dealer.
No need to go to dealer to program. AMHparts (Glen) can program at...

Hell, even Logan in ohio at lambostuff can program it. To program it all that is needed is your vin and proof of ownership.

(Not quite "Lamborghini" but then again they are affiliated with Lamborghini therefore as I said there is no way around it and must be programmed at "lambo")

But then again I never made a spare key, I'm going by some info I've acquired over the years.

Just ask glen (Amhparts) He's your best bet.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts