Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
James, That is really nice, shame he has not got one of a Black Countach !!
I will try to upload sound files and video now I have the car back ( Today !!) with the quicksilver fitted.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
terryjoint said:
James, That is really nice, shame he has not got one of a Black Countach !!
I will try to upload sound files and video now I have the car back ( Today !!) with the quicksilver fitted.
Most of his private commissions are for F cars to be honest, I guess that speaks for the rarity value of our cars more than anything. The commercial market is more racing focused in particular F1 and more recently Nascar.

Get that file uploaded! JRV has changed the file types and sizes that the forum now supports so its very straightforward.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys!

I should work on a commission deal with him after this little promo :) Not sure on his private commission rates to be honest, hes got a website that has more of his work on it www.johnketchell.com if anyone decides to contact him then mention my name and I'm sure he would work out a nice deal. He does most of his work for customers in the states these days so hes used to shipping overseas.

That original would have been quite large, maybe 4ft x 3ft (apprx). I told him a while ago that there is a huge market within the owners clubs of the world for commission work, but as i said in the earlier thread hes just not that commercially wired. In fact Ive actually known him turn down work because he doesn't like the car they want him to paint!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
James,

I just noticed that the driver is in the wrong side of the car. Geez, and I thought your dad was a great artist. :D :) :D

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
jamesketchell said:
Well spotted, but can you see the other 5 deliberate mistakes to win the prize :D
Five? How about missing side and rear view mirrors, but that could be due to atristic representation. Ok, the wipers are a little too far apart? Other than that, it's a great painting of a Miura SV. For all the great work your father did, I'm sure you can forgive him for signing up with NASCAR. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts