Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been looking to buy a Muricielago in Madrid, but Lambo Madrid only offer new cars. And add the IVA and Impuesto de matriculacion, you're adding another 30% to the price of the car. Roadster new without options stands at £199K, and the coupe is £180K. This is bloody dear!

Anyone know any used Lambo dealers in Spain? I can't find one and I dont really want to tell my staff in our Spanish business to look for me. Can anyone help out?

Also, I believe our stuff is insured with Axa in Spain, but they dont like the idea of the Lamborghini :-(, anyone here in Spain with a Lambo? Who do you use to insure it?

Thanks in advance for any help,

·
Registered
278 Posts
I understand that Bel Air in Marbella have a couple of new [ish] Lambos for sale. I could get you the tel no if its of interest.

I keep my Lambo in Gibraltar, and its currently kept UK registered, not a problem getting fully comprehensive insurance with £200 excess, 12 month green card, about £1100.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

I know Bel Air motors, my villa is right close by (I'm by San Pedro). Last time I popped by there they had mainly Lotus, a couple of Mercs and a Gallardo. I'll give them another try, I guess as long as the car is new enough to be under warranty I should be ok.

Mate, you have some balls driving that car around in Gib! Mind you must help with the petrol bills, with what 40p a litre? lol

My problem is I dont want the car to be UK registered, I want to use it in the UK quite a bit, but dont want to 1) support a government that hates these cars by buying these cars here 2) be readily accessible to plod by having UK reg plates, if you know what I mean.

I was thinking of importing a car to Spain, from Germany or somesuch, but there's this registration impuesto de matriculacion thing , 12%? Why is it so high? Is there anyway around it at all, on a used car?

Thanks for your help. If you think of any others, please let me know! Cheers.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've looked at importing a vehicle into Spain, seems unfairly expensive and complicated, especially when the vehicle is coming from another part of the European Union. If I hear of anything that is available I'll let you know.

The situation in Gibraltar is slightly different, as we are not part of the customs union, so no VAT / IVA etc etc, but there is a duty of 35% on used cars,...... hence my current vehicle kept UK registered.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Hi I have imported my C/T, or just getting it imported. Own the car for at least 12 months before importing and they cannot charge you import tax under the new laws.
You can get it insured on Spanish plates or UK plates at several places, with no problem at all. Underwritten by Lloyd´s and they also do limited mieage schemes. When you get closer let me know and I will dig out the numbers.
VERY few lambos in Spain so second hand ones are like rocking horse poo !

I would go to Germany www.mobile.de has a huge selection from all over inc France Switzeland etc etc.
Let me know when you get it in Spain, we should all meet up some time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Terry, that's very useful tip.

If you have time, could you give us a brief overview of what the importation process into Spain involves.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Bob,
Assuming the car is from another European union country.

1, Obtain the technical inspection ( Ficha Technica) with a new Lambo it should be possible at any ITV station. However due to the type of mine I had to get a guy from Madrid to do it. Cost 1200 Euros

2. Obtain ITV, normal MOT to us, about 80 Euros.

3. Once you have the above I would employ a Gestoria, he can do the leg work round the local tax office etc, cost about 300 Euros, he should take about 5 days and return with your new number plates.
SIMPLE !! So far !

Most important is if the car is younger than 11 years old that you have owned it for at least 6 months in the UK or wherever, they may still try to charge you tax BUT you are not liable for it, it is just the same as importing ANY other personal item, furniture etc.
If it is over 11 years old then the same applies but the cost of any tax is insignificant anyway.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Terry that is very useful info!

I was given the impression that everyone had to pay a registration fee, at least 4% was what I was quoted, but then 12% was mentioned for the Lambos?

I know the Lambos are rare in Spain, but I was there earlier in Nov and saw a silver gallardo parked outside my place in Castellana. Brave man(or woman)!

Will definitely let you guys know when I get mine, and I'd definitely be up for a meet in Spain, preferrably near Marbella...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, thanks Terry, very useful info.. Let us know when you finalise the importation and how it works out. I would like to get together with any other local owners. We should certainly share experiences and attempt to do what we can to help one another.

One question for Terry, I have the original "certificat de conformite", do you have any idea if this would be what was required instead of the "technical inspection" that you mention.

Regards to all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts