Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some takeaways I got:
  • The 3 models will be electrified in some way within the next few years
  • A new, fourth model will debut within the latter half of this decade and be EV-only

That's really it for solid facts, the rest I could say is speculation. It does make me wonder about the Aventador replacement we're expecting if the Aventador should be one of the models to possibly be hybridized later. Perhaps the push to such a clean future so quickly forced Lamborghini to scrap their usual plans and prolong their lineup as they spend resources now into an EV future.

It actually just makes me hope that Toyota and Porsche make substantial progress on their hydrogen engines and e-fuels so that we can avoid the all EV future so prominent in the forecast.

Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
I think it depends on what tech goes in the car. I would be excited to see a small displacement, over square V12 with a very high redline (12k+) and a hybrid for torque fill. An electric motor at each front axle and one to supplement the rear drivetrain would be ideal. RWS also. That鈥檚 a car I would buy today.

Registered
My desire is the sound of "screaming" engines .... and not a "piped in" recording of said sound.

I can understand Lambo's need to add non-gas motors for the marketplace and perhaps its survival.

I am not sold on 100% electric car functions mainly because of range, but also recharge time.
IMO the Toyota Prius Hybrid system works very well.
There is rumor the Corvette will be adding electronic front drive motors to supplements its V8 gas engine.
And a Telsa has very quick acceleration, especially from a standing start.
And then there is all the research of Formula 1 car racing V6 engines, which I don't believe has "tricked" down to "us" yet.
Lastly, I also see the Merc Benz is retaining its V12 in a 2020 Maybach S Class sedan.

With all that written, I could imagine a V12 gas Lambo with front elec. motors et al, as co-member Craig writes above, as a fun desirable car.

Well, there's still the Lamborghini Miura or a 1964 Pontiac GTO Tri Power as a last resort :)

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
When all is said and done we know the changes are coming a little sooner than we previously thought. As this transition takes place are we going to see prices of our current cars climb even higher? Ordering new might be the best way to go.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Russ, still say you should order a MY2022 before they start slapping ADMs on these cars in light of move too electrification. I predict the 2022 allocations are going to get more valuable and dry up quickly.........end of an era.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not a huge fan of substituting what we have for electric motors and the like, at least not with huge application. I think some hybrid tech is nice -- it vastly improves start/stop tech for example, sounds trivial here but matters if you find yourself in traffic -- but using dedicated motors for each wheel and torque-vectoring, etc just reminds me of the new NSX. Sure, that car is ahead of its time in many respects, but also feels like it wanted to take the supercar experience and make it as muted as driving a Tesla. Fine for Acura, but sounds scary for Lamborghini.

Registered
Around here cops are giving every car with a loud exhausts tickets so one advantage with a hybrid engine is you can enjoy the V12 but drive in full electric mode in certain areas where there's noise restrictions/congestion zones or overzealous traffic cops.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
We must just LIVE FOR TODAY and be prepared for tomorrow. Who knows, it might not be a bad thing at all, but I will hold onto my NA car till I know more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm, even if they do (somehow) get them them sound as good, what about the flames, the smell, the car shaking? as I said, no "soul"
Very good point, I have no idea in how many other ways hydrogen engines will differ from ICE. Me banking on this is just seeing the lesser of two evils -- I'd rather see less soul than no soul (EVs).
That was very underwhelming. We need to c how a Hydrogen-powered Lambo is, Toyota doesn't compare to a Lambo.
That's why I wish Lamborghini pursued this instead of full electrification. If Lotus can make an exotic sound out of a Toyota engine in their Evora, Lamborghini can make something monumental with this approach.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts