Pretty sure that is the one I purchased, cable and Basic+ XS set. Setup a laptop with the software installed and I've got my own LARAS system
Keep me posted. Love to hear how it works out.I am going to wire up an adapter like the earlier linked Audi to Gallardo OBD2. I wonder if the X431 Launch can perform some functions if presented with "corrected" wiring.
Male will be Pre-LP Gallardo on OBDII and will present a female OBDII connector as Audi/VW like a LP.
All this information is VERY useful. Are you able to point me in the right direction as to where I can get into contact with the guy in Sweden that sells the Basic XS?FWIW Here is the breakdown on how to do this based on this thread and my own experience as of March 2023…
- PARTS LIST
- Acquire LaRA 7.0 Software from Russian “Dude”. They will remote into your system and install it. Due to it being Russian, I’d suggest a laptop you intend to AirGap after the fact.
- Acquire Basic+ XS. This will run you around $1100 from the guy in Sweden.
- Acquire an OBDII dongle with color coded pinouts (Note: a lot of stuff on Amazon doesn’t have the correct pinout mapping so do some checking before purchasing.) Expect to pay around $10-$15.
- Acquire a Female DSub 15 COM port that allows you to tap the OBDII individual cables with a jeweler size screwdriver. Available on Amazon for $10-$15.
- Acquire a USB to Serial adapter. You can get this at Best Buy or Amazon. Probably $20-$30.
- Acquire a laptop with Windows Operating System (Windows 10 is fine).
- Acquire OBDII to DSub 15 Com Port mapping located in this thread.
- Acquire Basic+ XS driver and bootloader package from RA Consulting (They are bundled together and will run together.)
CONNECTIVITY (Laptop ßUSB Cable ßBasic+ XS à Knockoff Cable à Vehicle)
- Create your knockoff Lamborghini LaRA AS Grey Cable with your OBDII and DSub 15 COM Port.
- Note: Unlike some USB devices, the Basic+ XS is not powered by plugging the supplied Basic+ XS to USB adapter into your laptop. The Basic+ XS is powered by 12v from the vehicle. When you connect, the green light on the Basic+ XS green LED will blink off/on.
- Open LaRA
- Unzip the downloaded file from RA Consulting and run the installer package. When the driver installs, it will also install the bootloader software. Note: When the bootloader software installs you may need to tell it how the device is connected. In this phase, it will be by USB to your laptop.
- Disconnect from the vehicle.
- Connect the USB to Serial adapter to your laptop. Note: you can find drivers for this device online if you are running Windows 10.
- Connect the Basic+ XS device supplied serial cable to the Basic+ XS and the other end to your USB to serial adapter.
- Reconnect the Basic+ XS to the vehicle with the ignition in the ON position.
- Open LaRA
- The vehicle ECU and VIN should now be readable and LaRA functional.
Perfect, Thank you - I was reading that it needed to be flashed to work with LaRA. On the RA website it has the Basic XS drivers, is that all that I would need to get it working?You can go to RA consulting or The "Sweden Guy"
RA (You need to request)
I+ME ActiaHigh-quality communication interfaces that are often used by users in combination with our products.www.rac.de
Sweden Guy (You can order direct w/out waiting)
ACTIA Basic+ XS SetHighlights: USB and RS232 alternatively For 12V or 24V power supply CAN 2.0B ISO 11898 High Speed CAN up to 1 MBit/s Low Speed CAN fault-tolerant K-Line ISO 9141 (100 mA) K-Line ISO 14230 (KWP2000)…service4service.eu