Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to bring this up because the thought of it makes me nauseous, but with the rush to develop these things it may be just a matter of time before the supercar makers bring one to market.

For me it's where I get off. No amount of hype, promotion or even performance could glamorize the Whine of an electric motor. There's just way too much association with the word "appliance", and in no way could the word "exotic" be connected to such a tool.

What does everybody think? Are you ready for the next generation of transportaion? Could you embrace it in your Lamborghini? And how do you think such a car could be appealing?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think the next step is actually going to be diesel power. The push in Europe to produce high performance diesel engines is increasing pace. BMW is leading the way but the VW group is not far behind. I genuinely think within the next 5 years your going to start seeing speculation about a leading supercar manufacturer heading in this direction.

I think the real issue thats going to potential threaten any hybrid performance vehicle, is going to be public tolerance for supercars in general. Already the anti speeding lobby is gaining momentum across Europe. Speed detection has become the hot new revenue collection medium in the UK. A stealth tax on motorist. Couple that with rising fuel costs and pressure to reduce emissions, you've got one hell of a bleak future.

·
Registered
142 Posts
what about methanol as a alternative. Remember the gulstrand corvette? It was revised to ultilize methonal. It is still essentially a engine layout with minor revisions, and made to work..

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I was just reading about 200MPH + Electric Drag Racer Cars!!! It's a new a GROWING Sport!!! I'll try to find the link.

I think SPEED has been my biggest motivation....I'm a Speed Junky!!!! I had to walk away from Mortorcycles because they couldn't slow down in the most important times!!! Actually I settled on cars because F16's were to expensive!!!

:)

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jamesketchell said:
I think the next step is actually going to be diesel power. The push in Europe to produce high performance diesel engines is increasing pace. BMW is leading the way but the VW group is not far behind. I genuinely think within the next 5 years your going to start seeing speculation about a leading supercar manufacturer heading in this direction.

I think the real issue thats going to potential threaten any hybrid performance vehicle, is going to be public tolerance for supercars in general. Already the anti speeding lobby is gaining momentum across Europe. Speed detection has become the hot new revenue collection medium in the UK. A stealth tax on motorist. Couple that with rising fuel costs and pressure to reduce emissions, you've got one hell of a bleak future.

Gee James I kind of felt bumed out writing that post, now I feel worse!
But it is a reasonable projection of the future, unfortuntaly. :(

Mean while, foot to the floor! :evil:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i think elettric engine or ibrid units are good for city car or bus and diesel for miles eater wagon.....
for sport car NOT AT ALL :mad:
i don't want a lambo with a sound of a kitchen machine ( leave it to the jap) :evil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that Lambos will go on crop fuels, and they will be re-tuned. Do any of you guys think that they'll burn cleaner on crop fuels? Some folks I talk to say that will. Will the alchohol based fuel cause problems with hoses, seals and gaskets? Will the Lambos burn richer? Lot's of questions.

On jets. They're great! You got to follow a bunch of FAA maintance and pilot cert. regs. You'll need 1000 hours total flying time to get a type rating in a decommssioned military jet. Getting a rating in a L-29 is reasonalble at about ten thousand give or take. You can get rated in a Mig-17 for about ten to fifteen grand. Go to jetwarbirds.com, or call information for Santa Fe, New Mexico and ask the number for Jet War Birds. Ask for Larry. He's the head instructor. I'll get the rest of his contact numbers and post them here. Tell him Martina sent you. ;)

If anyone wants a ride in a jet, E-mail me. I'm at [email protected]
I'll get you in the air! Just give me a chance to tool aroud in a Lambo in exchange. :D

I'm in Southern California.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Getting a rating in a L-29 is reasonalble at about ten thousand give or take. You can get rated in a Mig-17 for about ten to fifteen grand. Go to jetwarbirds.com, or call information for Santa Fe, New Mexico and ask the number for Jet War Birds. Ask for Larry. He's the head instructor. I'll get the rest of his contact numbers and post them here. Tell him Martina sent you.
Hi Louisa,

thank you for joining in!!! I had just mentioned that Mig 21's (according to Janes) are faster than F-18's/21's (may not out shoot them, but fasster) and if they want the ride of theire life short of a rocket then this is the ticket!!!!

:wave:

·
Registered
258 Posts
ltadmin said:
Hi Louisa,

thank you for joining in!!! I had just mentioned that Mig 21's (according to Janes) are faster than F-18's/21's (may not out shoot them, but fasster) and if they want the ride of theire life short of a rocket then this is the ticket!!!!

:wave:
Long ago, the military decided fighters don't need to be fast any more.
Hastling at close quarters doesn't need high Mach.

Mig 21s are old school before all that change. They are nice, but I suspect
the FAA discourages supersonic flight over the US. Maybe Martina can
comment on that.

Now if you take it out over the Pacific, that's another story.

But unless you're going low over the ground, I don't know that you're
going to feel much speed. Gees are another matter, but not sure you're
going to feel much speed like in your Lambo.

I don't realy like F18's. I've never gotten the YF-17 out of my head
and how the F-16 kicked its butt.

I'm very much saddened by the current retirement
of the F-14 that is going on right now. They should be lining them up at
D-M as we speak! I wonder what they want for one ! Now park THAT
next to your Lambo ! Better get em before they break them up ! HOW SAD !!
Everyone buy an F-14 !! Save the Tomcat !! Let's get a group discount on
lessons !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
:D Actully lambo drivers, you'll have a bigger sense of speed in your lambo for the most part than in a fighter, unless the fighter is going low level. During take off and landing is about when you notice the speed. Take off speed is usually about 130 MPH give or take for speed, etc. You really notice that. Up at altitude it's smooth. You lambo will give you the feel of the road, and the engine is louder. (!!!!!)

In an f-16 you don't see people pointing at you, and you don't really - they'll be pointing something at you you won't like! Weapons.

I get a kick out of the attension one gets pulling up in a lambo. I think the homeowner's accociation will have a fit if i pulled up in a jet.

About which is the best fighting machine - the f-16 can sutain turns somewhat better than a mig-29. the 29 bleed energy too much, but uses power to get around. the mig-29 carries more weapons. it has lousy range.
all modern US jet can whip the mig-21! the mig-21 is a real rocket anyhow.

this all makes me sound like i'm hooked on speed. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanted to add the contact for the place where a type rating in a fighter can be attained. They also work with non-pilots who want to go up in a mig-17! Contact larry.

Jet warbirds
Jetwarbird.com
(505)471-4151 :kiss:

I got a Lambo decal and stuck it on my laptop. Now all I need to add Borla pipes and I'm in business. Ha! Pretty soon it'll be the real thing. Real soon. Can't wait.

I surfed the net and found some crop fuel sites.

www.eere.energy.gov click around for bioethonol.

www.BBI.com

www.groupsrv.com/science/ click around for bioethonol :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bugatti...

I remember that Bugatti, the Romano Artioli's one, made a prototype of the EB110, that was running with some kind of alternative fuel and still making records in speed etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts