Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for get some insights from folks who own this. What is your take and recommendation?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Having many high performance RWD cars over the years. I personally now like and prefer how planted and confidence inspiring my EVO AWD is. I don't care about "playfulness" as I'm not an experienced track person. I want to feel confident and planted driving through open twisty roads and the EVO feels like it's on rails. It was a nice change for me from RWD that was due. It will all come down to preference and you'll get opinions from both sides of the fence. It's kind of like asking someone do you prefer sausage or pepperoni pizza.

·
Registered
217 Posts
RWD is generally preferred by folks who want the ability to get the car a bit loose and slide around at times...especially on the track. AWD will add stability (and confidence) but most folks argue you lose a bit of the fun and rawness.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
I’ve had both and I prefer the RWD any day over AWD, and don’t forget the $60k you save. For it was almost too good to be true.

·
Registered
109 Posts
RWD really uncorks the bottle for me. While the AWD is highly efficient and on paper the better car by the numbers, the RWD delivers a more spinetingling experience where you get more feedback and sensations. In a car where driving experience is what I'm looking for, it was a no brainer for me. Plus, the RWD looks better.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
It's really boils down to personal preference, and so, there is no right or wrong answer. I would advise a test drive of both and see what you prefer. Having said that, RWD all day, every day and twice on Sunday. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Should of just searched. This has been covered a number of times. For me its AWD, I want to use all the power the car can give plus like on my past Huracan and AWD R8's I will probably add a couple hundred HP by supercharging. Looks wise I think AWD front looks much better while favoring RWD rear a little. The LDVI system used in the EVO AWD makes this car nothing like prior AWD cars I have driven, you can watch the power split live on the screen and the car will give you near 100% rear and just enough in the front to keep you straight. Turn down ESP and car will behave more like a RWD car. Another bonus of the EVO is the rear wheel steering, this is my first car with it and it makes the twisties even more fun

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just placed my order for a RWD my first real exotic car. I have owned many RWD cars in my life and I enjoyed driving RWD over AWD. It draws down to your driving experience you want, im a fan of sharp turns :) hahaha

·
Registered
445 Posts
You should drive them both and then decide. I went with RWD for monetary purposes, but if money is no object then the AWD might be the better daily. Depends on what you want in a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
If you live someplace with snow and you want to drive year round than AWD.

I live in nice weather and have always owned RWD sports cars so I went with 580-2.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Not even snow, just driving in early spring and fall can get dicey in RWD especially if damp out. After 2 AWD R8's and my 2015 Huracan I got a 488, that car had decent traction control compared to older RWD cars but still had to take it easy when temps got below 50. With my AWD I can still use car close to it's limits

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Also AWD is better disposed for the ultimate power boost options i.e., VF Supercharger or Turbos.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Friends M6 with over 600hp flew off side of Tail of Dragon. I was going much faster in my AWD 750 hp R8 and no problems. Can’t wait to take my Evo there, rear wheel steering will be a blast!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Well, truth be told, I probably would still do the power bump in my RWD. Control is way over rated. ;)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Scott, bad day for your friend no doubt but in support of RWD beasts I had a 2RS with 700hp and never had a problem, and let’s just say, I did not drive all that sedately.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What, you don't want 830 HP for your RWD car? 😂
I've had a 1500hp RWD car and a couple of 800+ hp RWD cars. They all got traction in 2nd gear and above with the right setup and tires. With a rear engine car like the EVO, 700-800hp is much easier to hook up since all the weight is over the rear tires. The Pirellis the car comes with are trash so there's a misconception these cars have problems with traction.

The VF SC makes around ~675rwhp on a RWD EVO. Put some 325/30/20 R888Rs on the car. Traction problems solved. It'll probably have better traction than a stock EVO on PZeros.

AWD is great for drag racers, for people in cold climates, and for people that dont know how to drive.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.