Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know they could go that fast! That is close to 213 MPH? Am I missing something, LOL

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No, they can't (7th is not long enough). The speedo is about 20km/h off. Look at the GPS device on the right side, it shows around 20km/h less.My speedo once showed 314km/h and the GPS recored 304km/h.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Robby, that’s what I thought. Sure wish we had an Autoban here!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
thanks Robby, that’s what I thought. Sure wish we had an Autoban here!
Hey Russk, believe me, you can't drive often at such high speeds without putting your or others live in danger. Too well I remember my accident on the German Autobahn doing 280km/h heading west about half an hour before sunset. This part only had two lanes and on the right one several 40ton lorries are driving at speed of 80-100km/h. You just fly by them like a crazy jet. Now what happens if you approach such a lorry that sets the turn lights change lane for overtaking another truck. You immediately slam the brakes as he probably did not see you due to the sun blinding him. Then the turn lights go off and you think great, lift the brakes and put back the foot onto the pedal. And this was the moment the lorry changes the lane !! Again you hit the brakes (this old car was not that stable, extrem sweating was included) at around 200km/h and all changes to slow motion.

You'll find yourself at the same speed like the lorry between the guard rail and the left rearest huge wheel of this monster. Driver still does not recognize you and a splisecond later you're sandwitched in between the guardrail and the rear end of the lorry - no chance to escape. Car scratches along the guard rail and on the right side the lorry's crash bar rams into the front right fender. Still on the brakes you think that this whell will blow up right away but then the car makes a 360° turn and you're going straight again so you can stop at the emergency lane of the Autobahn.

Car was fully damaged the whoe left side, wheels scratched, drivers door was not able to be opened, hood and whole front damaged, right fender and door damaged front wheel scrached, intercooler on the right side damaged but still functional. After bending the fenders out I was even able to drive the car to catch that lorry. Wehn I later passed the border to my country the officer asked me if I'm importing scrap from Germany. Thanks for that !

Yes it's fun to drive fast on the Autobahn, it's pure adrenalin to fly by other cars with just 1m distance. But doing this for 10 minutes you feel like after an hour heavy workout. You're exhausted just from concentrating on the other drivers (and some are stupid and do not look into their rear view mirrors). And yes, it's much safer in our cars as its brakes are damn good but you must be prepared for a very light rear when you have to slow down the car very, very quick from such high speeds. Without other cars on the Autobahn and no need for emergency braking, driving fast is a lot of fun :)

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robby, your story gave me chills. I guess you have to just be happy it didn't you kill you. I would be happy just getting about 100 mph, but here if you are caught going over 80 mph you go to jail and your car gets impounded.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
In my country the laws also changed the last years but jail is only for those who have taken lives due to an accident they caused due to speeding. Here it depends on how much too fast you were driving and were. Speeding in front of schools is the most stupid thing one can do, speeding in living areas and in cities too. On roads outside and on the highways, the fees are lower. I once runned a red light and the thing also measured my speed. So I had to pay twice, lost my drivers licence for 2 months and paid $3000 (this depends on your income). Of course it was my fault but the worse thing was, that they changed the speed limit a month ago and I did not knew this. Today also the cars/motorcycles get impounded but due to a grey area in the laws they cannot hold them if your name is not in the papers. So if they take "my" car but in the papers the name of my wife is in there, they cannot keep it. Also it's good to have your wifes name in it as the insurance usually is lower for female drivers :)

BTW, in Europe the cars always show more speed on the speedo than the car really goes. There are papers that suggests the carmakers to show up to 5% more. In this video this may result in real 326km/h to the 344km/h shown, what is realistic.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard but never confirmed that all Lamborghini speedometers are off by 3 to 5%. That would account for the 213 mph.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure it is realistic. Maybe it was modified. The one I drove did not go more than 332 kmh.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, no matter what, it is always going too fast for me! I think my top speed is about 95 mph. For me it's all about the straight line, I love a robust 0-60.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts