Lamborghini Talk banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,512 Posts
That’s sure possible and just think there might be some new fun versions of our existing models.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is from March 2019. In August 2019 Lamborghini announced they would be pushing back the Aventador successor to 2024, and Huracan successor to 2025 I think.
It appears ur correct. I hope this extra time gives them the chance to make it even better, that's Two extra Years of R&D for Aventador successor.

In the meantime we might c another Aventador variant come out in 2022 (the Year there should've been Aventador successor)? What r the chances of that happening?

Source: Lamborghini Aventador replacement rumoured to be delayed until 2024

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
Frankly I can’t wait to see what comes next. I just wish the Aventador had an electric soft or hard top, I would have bought one long ago.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,140 Posts
Frankly I can’t wait to see what comes next. I just wish the Aventador had an electric soft or hard top, I would have bought one long ago.
I guess living in Hawaii is one of the primary motivators for your love of drop tops. Personally, I never liked them; they age poorly and they, for me at least, are not all that esthetic with the top up. Though, as with all things different strokes for different folks.

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
U like Convertibles?
I like having options! It is wonderful to drive with the top down and listen to the engine in a way you never could otherwise, but it is also nice to be driving along and raise the top for privacy or whatever suits you. Yes I love convertibles, I wouldn't have it any other way. I looked at an Aventador Roadster and we tried to put the top sections on and it was such a hassle I was completely turned off by it. If it starts raining you want to be able to get that top up ASAP. The Huracan gives me that and more.

Reactions: Ohlgren

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
It appears ur correct. I hope this extra time gives them the chance to make it even better, that's Two extra Years of R&D for Aventador successor.

In the meantime we might c another Aventador variant come out in 2022 (the Year there should've been Aventador successor)? What r the chances of that happening?

Source: Lamborghini Aventador replacement rumoured to be delayed until 2024
I also think the delay is due to R&D. They need to create a V12 to comply with regulations. I also think 2025 is around when lots of supercar companies will begin to roll out hybrids for their core lineup. McLaren has said they want to go 100% hybrid by 2025. Lamborghini and Ferrari will likely be a little bit later, but it's inevitable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also think the delay is due to R&D. They need to create a V12 to comply with regulations. I also think 2025 is around when lots of supercar companies will begin to roll out hybrids for their core lineup. McLaren has said they want to go 100% hybrid by 2025. Lamborghini and Ferrari will likely be a little bit later, but it's inevitable.
I do hope that the Aventador successor & Huracan successor will be out by 2025 at latest or else Lamborghini will be behind on the hybrid market. Ferrari already has their SF90 Stradale out and is planning a hybrid V6 to be released very soon. McLaren is also planning on releasing it's new 680S (hybrid V6 successor of their 570S) at the end of this year or early 2021.

If Lamborghini won't release a hybrid supercar until 2023/2024 then I'm afraid they could lose the lead they have right now. I do hope despite covid being a delay factor things go roughly according to plan and they get the aventador successor out in 2021 or 2022 (which would renew the 10 year production cycle). As for the Huracan successor I think 2024/2025 is a realistic time frame since the Huracan was announced in 2014 (10 year cycle again).

As Russk said I also hope that we will see an optional V12 spyder variant in this new generation although it would probably be very unlikely due to the hybrid system already adding way too much additional weight to the car so a roadster would be the better weight-solution for a convertible.

Speaking of it's new design, I'd love to see something like this with the Terzo Millenio front end:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Unfortunately I don't think a 2021 or 2022 release will be happening for the Aventador successor.

We would have probably heard something by now if the successor was coming out soon

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
I do hope that the Aventador successor & Huracan successor will be out by 2025 at latest or else Lamborghini will be behind on the hybrid market. Ferrari already has their SF90 Stradale out and is planning a hybrid V6 to be released very soon. McLaren is also planning on releasing it's new 680S (hybrid V6 successor of their 570S) at the end of this year or early 2021.

If Lamborghini won't release a hybrid supercar until 2023/2024 then I'm afraid they could lose the lead they have right now. I do hope despite covid being a delay factor things go roughly according to plan and they get the aventador successor out in 2021 or 2022 (which would renew the 10 year production cycle). As for the Huracan successor I think 2024/2025 is a realistic time frame since the Huracan was announced in 2014 (10 year cycle again).

As Russk said I also hope that we will see an optional V12 spyder variant in this new generation although it would probably be very unlikely due to the hybrid system already adding way too much additional weight to the car so a roadster would be the better weight-solution for a convertible.

Speaking of it's new design, I'd love to see something like this with the Terzo Millenio front end:

View attachment 288169
View attachment 288170
That is pretty cool. I could get behind something like that without hesitation.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts