Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind hybrids when we are talking about orchids but cars not so much.;)

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
Why? R Hybrids not the near-distance future of Automotive Companies before they go Electric?
That is a fair question. First when it comes to full electric conversion the infrastructure is just no there yet to support the cars adequately, and when it comes to hybrids the battery technology has not reached a stage of maturity that is worthy of investment as a car "buyer". That is, early adopters of these new technologies, in my opinion, often get burned.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,538 Posts
Currently the batteries are quite large and heavy. This seems to be evolving to smaller, lighter and more efficient batteries every year. It is interesting to see some of the predictions for the future . The battery in my Subaru hybdrid added 500 pounds to my car.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
Currently the batteries are quite large and heavy. This seems to be evolving to smaller, lighter and more efficient batteries every year. It is interesting to see some of the predictions for the future . The battery in my Subaru hybdrid added 500 pounds to my car.
Goodness, 500 pounds, is well, not insignificant.

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
Yes, this was Subaru's second attempt at an electric car and although it is greatly improved over the first one, it still has lots of room for improvement.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I have figured out a sophisticated reason to stop giving a ride to someone I don't like..."the hybrid battery is too heavy" :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
I have figured out a sophisticated reason to stop giving a ride to someone I don't like..."the hybrid battery is too heavy" :sneaky::ROFLMAO:
Funny, I just can't get on board with the battery bonanza.......I guess I am the proverbial slow adopter. I guess I would have held on to my horse and buggy at the turn of the century............

·
Registered
215 Posts
What bout Hydrogen Power instead of Oil?
“As for what comes after plug-in hybrids, Lamborghini has already given a taste with 2017's Terzo Millennio electric supercar concept, which Domenicali said could potentially be ready for production—technology-wise—by around 2026. But according to Domenicali, Lamborghini is also exploring the potential of hydrogen-powered supercars.”

Source: Lamborghini CEO confirms plug-in hybrid power for Aventador, Huracán successors

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
Those dates sure turned out to be invalid. I’m hearing 22 to 23 for the A, and 23 to 24 for the H.
Anyone have more info?

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
It looks a little choppy, but I like it. I’m sure it will look different, but probably close And cleaner lines.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
Man not a fan of the Aventador design looks like a big green Shark.

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
No dates are confirmed. Covid has really screwed thing up. We probably won't know anything concrete till next years Geneva Auto Show.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts