Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If we do in fact run out of oil in ~ 50 years the world is not going to be a fun place to be and that's putting it mildly.
I think the idea of the world "running out" is bogus. I am pushing 50 and I have heard we were a decade or two away from running out as long as I can remember.

I think what we will see is an increase in gas prices if, or when, supplies start to run low. Every time gas prices shoot up, there is a ton of talk about alternate fuel sources. Bio Diesel was all the rage 15 years ago. Hybrids got popular during a fuel cost spike. As oil supplies run low, prices will go up, and the economics will make alternate fuel sources more attractive. I don't believe gas will ever go away, it will just get uneconomical. I bet you will be able to fill up 100 years from now.

The hybrid and electric owners I know are way more interested in cost savings on fuel rather than the benefits to the environment. In the future, I think things will depend on costs as much, if not more, than environmental concern.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So to my fellow Lambo owners, I will share my personal experiences working directly with the FBI, DHS, and members of Congress while testifying on a case involving espionage of our high tech space and weapon systems. The case spilled over into other areas that involved corruption in other areas of the gov. One in particular was the Green Tech movement started in Silicon Valley. The puppet master behind the curtain was former director James Woolsey. His original objective was to get our country off of middle east oil which is is a noble goal by replacing the internal combustion engine with BEVs. The DIA and other shadow entities, too long to list here, funded Tesla. When fracking eliminated our dependence on foreign oil, the BEV model was at risk so the story line was changed to saving the earth from global warming. They then brought in the Rendon group along with other perception managers to create Elon Musk and Tesla. To put this in perspective, the Redon group was responsible for the false intel that got us into the Iraq war. Tesla now has over 100 people in their own perception management office in Palo Alto spinning out constant stories and suppressing anything bad that reporters may write not to mention off shore troll farms. I can write this article here because I am relatively safe in an exotic car community. As they have Google in their hip pocket, they can suppress any negative story that comes out. This cabal of Silicon valley elites and intel officials have been in bed with the California politicians setting the CAFE standards and Carbon Credits for Tesla. I believe eventually their model will collapse as the battery technogy and cost just isnt quite there yet. My only fear is that they damage our existing auto manufactures in the process by placing unrealistic mileage targets.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Sorry to hear about the near dog run over and your ticket Russ.A blue lives matter sticker would probably saved you the ticket. (but cost you a few key scrapes)If the sticker was removable you could sport it while driving and remove when parking. I agree that the BS around electrification is in the stratosphere. There are massive natural gas reserves. Lots of oil also just deeper and in harder to reach areas.If cleaner air was the real objective then why are we all not running on natural gas. Cheap, clean and lots of it. I actually have a gas well on my new land that was not commercially viable so they gave it to me. It still produces a good bit. I may convert everything to CNG and put in a compressor. Free gas! Just think everyone, we are probably the last generation that will have gasoline powered supercars. My son will probably be telling his son or at least grandson about a time when cars had real engines. Just like horses, they become a novelty. However one super flare or emp and every electric motor and electronic will be fried. Anyone with a carb and a distributor will be the only one not walking. All technology comes with compromises. Could any teenager today find their way without a gps? They dont even know how to read a map. One time my daughter and wife drove through the worst most dangerous neighborhood in Ft Worth following the GPS. My wife realized where they were and told her to get the hell out of there. My daughter just said "but it is just a little way from here" Electrification, navigation and communication have all advanced but at the great loss to many other things.Lee

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,512 Posts
Lee, what a great idea Blue Lives Matter sticker, I’m on it!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Anyone remember global cooling. In the 80s they were predicting another ice age. There is so much BS touted as science it makes me sick. Anyone travelling to China, India , or the third world realizes that all this emissions and efficiency crap means nothing if we are the only ones doing it. Many of their vehicles produce a hundred times what one of ours does. Their factories spew so much crap into the air , it is ridiculous. Last time I checked, the earth was round. So why do we suffer and they do whatever the hell they want?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I think you're spot on that ICE supercars will be similar to horses, a hobby for the well off.

As electrification is inevitable, I just hope Lamborghini comes up with a way to make electric cars exciting.

I'm curious what your guys thoughts are on this: Feel the noise: giving EV supercars a soundtrack
Reggiani says they will use aerodynamics to create sound/emotion, no fake sounds all natural. I'm not really sure how it will work though...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Interesting story about Tesla and the like.

That company has never made sense to me. I have heard tons of hype and owners I know absolutely love them. What I don't get is why a small auto manufacturer is worth more than GM, Ford and FCA combined. Tesla is the most valuable auto company in the world.

They make 3 car models. On a market share graph for the US market, they were dead last with 1.1% of the US market in 2019.

They almost had to file for bankruptcy a couple years ago because they could not get the model 3 to market fast enough to pay for the resources to build them.

Battery manufacturing is a filthy process.

There are some great things about Tesla, but the most valuable auto manufacturer in the world? WTF

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,143 Posts
Interesting, though, lengthy read on source of oil and its formation.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
What bout Hydrogen Power instead of Oil?
This is my general understanding based on some articles I read a while back.

Hydrogen likes to bond with other elements. It takes energy to separate the hydrogen. The energy cost to create large amounts of hydrogen make it less cost effective compared to other energy sources. Hydrogen is also very volatile, which makes it tricky to store and transport. I believe it is great on a small scale, but there are a lot of obstacles in making it viable as a replacement for petroleum. It has a lot of perks, but economics and logistics are challenging. Technology changes all of the time, so it could become more viable in the future.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,143 Posts
Speaking to potential oil shortages another article that was imbedded in my previous post was enlightening. One quote:
“Never underestimate the ingenuity of mankind and never assume that technology is static. Also, the resources that technology recognizes today are not all the planet’s resources.”

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thank you for those articles Lambo2018. Very informative.

There is definitely a finite amount of oil. As you say, people will be clever at finding new fuel when financially motivated. Charge somebody $20 a gallon for gas and they will make their car get 300mpg, or run on old french fry oil.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
There is e-gasoline from Audi like a liquid isooctane. I think this is the cleanest alternatives once they figured out how to mass produced it.

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice to keep the ICE and just feed it something environmentally clean, cleaner than electric.

·
Premium Member
13,512 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to a clean burning fuel that left no carbon footprint.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,143 Posts
Clean energy source would be nice but a Flux Capacitor would be better.....Back to the Future.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The best source for unbiased data on energy sources, consumption, and reserves is the US Energy Information Administration, www.eia.gov. Way to much politicized garbage out there on the topic, so I would rather look at hard data and come to my own conclusions.

Lamborghini can satisfy any future regulation to produce an EV if it happens by producing a specific model while still retaining their flagship ICE models. I don't really see that being any different than what they've done with the Urus. Do you guys really feel like that's a Lamborghini? I think it's a re-bodied Audi RS Q8 created for the sake of boosting Lamborghini's sales volume, which it has done. So if for example Lamborghini puts out some re-bodied all electric version of the Audi TT for similar reasons, I could really care less so long as they don't lose their soul with their other models. I'd rather see the brand stay afloat and competitive where they need to be. Creating one EV model doesn't mean the passion is lost.

I'm actually quite optimistic about the next decade of automotive technology. I don't think everything will be EV's, the infrastructure is simply not there to support that and won't/can't be in only 10 years. EV's are great for certain things though and I've got no problem having plenty of them on the road. The battery technology is getting a lot better so that range is approaching gasoline vehicles, but charge times (and the associated infrastructure to drastically improve this in the residential space) and battery life cycles are decades away from being feasible as a true replacement for gasoline. Hybrids get the best of both worlds, though I often find the added weight and complexity to be a big negative.

There have been such fantastic improvements with efficiency, both for power and emissions of the ICE engine as well. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. I'm excited for the C8 vette, the new GT500, the new Defender, the Mercedes AMG One, the RAM TRX, and next year's Bronco especially, and yeah Ford's making the Mach E but who cares? I won't be the one buying it.

I hope the Aventador's replacement is purely an n/a V12, though I'm honestly not sure how much more power they or anyone can squeeze out of one. I'm confident Lamborghini knows their clientele well enough not to fudge it up though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
EvanK I think you are correct on everything.

I think what I react to are claims politicians make about cars needing to be incredibly clean in the near future. If the restrictions get too severe, Lamborghini simply will not be able to sell anything with a big engine. An EV or small engine hybrid may be their only option.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts