Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts? The Aventador/Huracan successors in 2024-2025 are supposed to be hybrids, possibly retaining the NA engines.

But will we see an all electric Lamborghini by 2030? How will they replace the emotion and sound if they go electric?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,565 Posts
Most definitely by 2030.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,207 Posts
But will we see an all electric Lamborghini by 2030? How will they replace the emotion and sound if they go electric?
I am not a fan of the full electric or hybrid cars. I will retain whatever Lamborghini iteration that is pure ICE.
To answer your question, I don't think they can replace the emotion or sound of the ICE with the electric variants.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Seems like all cars will have some sort of electric help in the future.
Either full electric or partial.
Just going to happen like carbs and fuel injection.
Just like manual transmission and automatic.
Old **** replaced by new ****

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Government is passing new laws and setting time restraints for manufacturers to meet. There are already certain requirements in place that call for a certain percentage of the manufacturer's production to be electric, I believe by 2025. This will includes exotics as well. When electrification starts that's when my current car becomes a keeper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna miss the engine sound if Lamborghini does indeed go electric.

I hope they are able to atleast generate some kind of unique sound which separates Lamborghini from any other electric car. I've read that with the Terzo Millennio they are going to try and use aerodynamics to produce sound, but not exactly sure how that's going to work out.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I'm gonna miss the engine sound if Lamborghini does indeed go electric.

I hope they are able to atleast generate some kind of unique sound which separates Lamborghini from any other electric car. I've read that with the Terzo Millennio they are going to try and use aerodynamics to produce sound, but not exactly sure how that's going to work out.
They can always put a speaker at the wheel cavity to produce the sound :ROFLMAO:
Was it @Robby3 that discovered the Audi's super technique on the R8?

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
MY friends Tesla has a computer generated engine sound. Ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,207 Posts
MY friends Tesla has a computer generated engine sound. Ridiculous.
Well if I ever have an electric car (doubtful) I would spring for the best sound system I could find........

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well if I ever have an electric car (doubtful) I would spring for the best sound system I could find........
And drown out the silence
Electric cars are dangerous
Nobody can hear them
Coming and so pedestrian, cyclists, dogs, who ever shares the road with them
Are all at risk.
Nothing says hear I come like a screaming v10 or an American big block.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have attended formula E and every year the cars get better and the electric engines do sound very cool, but cant beat a pre-LP Gallardo or Aventador sound!

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
My neighbor has almost backed into me with his Tesla. I’m near the back of his car and my dog is peeing on his rear tire when all of a sudden he starts backing up. I know my dog shouldn’t have been peeing on his tire, but that’s no reason to kill me.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,207 Posts
My neighbor has almost backed into me with his Tesla. I’m near the back of his car and my dog is peeing on his rear tire when all of a sudden he starts backing up. I know my dog shouldn’t have been peeing on his tire, but that’s no reason to kill me.
Oh my goodness, he killed your dog? Sorry to hear that, wow.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Oh my goodness, he killed your dog? Sorry to hear that, wow.
No, forgiver me. He did not kill my dog, the dog got out of the way quickly. He almost back up over me. Kasper is alive and well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,207 Posts
Thank goodness....Kaspor is better than Caspor!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My thought is that Lamborghini will make some crazy futuristic high performance electric and go after a younger demographic. Kids want to go fast, but these days they want to do it while saving the planet. I bet they will fill it with gadgets and tech. Based on some of their concept cars of late, I think it will look truly extreme.

I am afraid they are going to head that way because they just cannot legally satisfy the V10 and V12 loving crowd. I don't think any of us are all that excited about gas mileage and emissions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have attended formula E and every year the cars get better and the electric engines do sound very cool, but cant beat a pre-LP Gallardo or Aventador sound!
Honestly the formula E cars sound like a dental drill lol

I wonder what kind of sound an electric lamborghini will produce. I hope if they do go electric, they atleast give us the option of adding a speaker system which emulates their NA v10 or v12 engine. Yeah it's fake sound, but it's better than a dental drill, and it's better than complete silence.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
I’m certain a restriction on decibels is going to play a part going forward. Don’t forget what’s coming before electrification, GPF! It was supposed to be on 2020 & 2021 cars, but somehow we are clear till 2022 if then. That will be the deal breaker for me going forward. One reason I wanted to 2021 was I was told by my dealer 2022 is almost guaranteed to have the GPF and once you’ve got it there’s no way getting around it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is there going to be a decibel limit in the US, or is that just a UK thing?

It seems by 2030 good sounding cars will be a thing of the past. That's unfortunate, it's the end of an era. I wonder what the rules are gonna be on those fake speaker exhausts

I looked it up and in California for example, the decibel limit is 95 dbA. However, Lamborghini's even with stock exhaust easily hit 120 dbA. So maybe the law isn't really enforced?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts