Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone need some help. I just purchased my Pearl White G Car from Weissach in Vancouver (Coming in May 05), and got almost every option on it. I asked the dealer about the tubi exhaust for it and he told me it is not a good idea to put one in because it will void the warranty. He did say Lamborghini is coming out with their own sport exhaust system soon and it will not hurt my warranty.
Any Comments....... BTW I talked to Asgar at Weissach, and this is what he recommended...

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
You might want to look at the video James Ketchell just put up, "blured Gallardo" that'll change your mind. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JRV.... and Raymondo...
I'll definately post pics when I get it. JRV if it doesn't void the warranty why is the dealer telling me different? So far he's been pretty honest... Please help...

·
Registered
32 Posts
L-140 Exhaust.

Exhaust Will Not Change Warr As Long As It Is A Cat. Back
System. If You Remove Cats. This Can Void Engine Warr.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep changing just the back box cant effect your warranty. Starting messing with cats and there is potential for problems as they have to remap the ECU, I believe.

Having said that, I hung onto my stock exhaust just in case there are any problems with main dealer. Which is a safe approach. You get a problem, you call the stockist who installed the exhaust and get them to switch the old unit back before making a claim.

I know in the UK the main dealers in London offer to fit Tubi and Larini and have serviced a lot of cars with these exhausts fitted. I've not spoken to anyone as yet thats had a warranty claim rejected on the basis of an exhaust back box.

I've done around 3k miles on the Tubi and had no problems. I fell in love with the car all over again. You think its a great car now, just go drive one with an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Hey Rajaadmi,

Where are you in White Rock? I am also in White Rock, and planning to buy a G-car e-gear this year. Send me an email, since I can not send you one (you disabled it). Let's talk Lambos. Are you going on the Player's Run?

Asgar is very knowledgeable, so I would listen to him very carefully. There is not another dealer to service your car for hundreds of miles....My buddy is a dealer for Larini if that helps.

Carbuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts