Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase either a Ferrari F430 Spider in Rosso Corsa or a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 Spider and I wanted to know which would be the best to buy? I’m looking to spend under £90k and I want to buy a car which would have the lower maintenance costs (in terms of servicing and parts), and would also maintain its value better. I love both cars so much as they have been dreams ever since I was a child hence the difficult decision.

I am 22 years old, so which would be the car for me?

Thank you everyone.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
V10 all day long!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,973 Posts
Hello and Welcome! As you might imagine being a Lamborghini forum that we will be a tad biased but we have a few members that are big Ferrari devotees that you could PM. One such member is @wthensler, he is pretty knowledgeable about Ferraris'. Though, hopefully, he will chime in of his own accord. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
SL #7007
502 Posts
100% Lambo! The F430 is a great car but it’s really down on power compared to an LP560. The F1 transmission is smoother than an E Gear but IMO, reliability is more with the 5.2L compared to the 4.3L. Looks of an F430 are great but it looks too much like a 360. I’m not a huge fan of the F430 interior either. Now if you have the option to chose a 430 Scud or a 458, I would take those over an LP but you won’t find those for the price you listed. Even on the salvaged market. GL

·
Registered
83 Posts
What years are the cars you are looking at? I owned an F430 for two years and had a Gallardo for about two weeks on loan. Both great cars so hard to go wrong. I found the F1 and Egear to be about the same. Gallardo will have more power and better pulls. Handling will be similar. F430 sounded better in my opinion. Frankly, if you have not driven both then you need to go to that first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase either a Ferrari F430 Spider in Rosso Corsa or a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 Spider and I wanted to know which would be the best to buy? I’m looking to spend under £90k and I want to buy a car which would have the lower maintenance costs (in terms of servicing and parts), and would also maintain its value better. I love both cars so much as they have been dreams ever since I was a child hence the difficult decision.

I am 22 years old, so which would be the car for me?

Thank you everyone.
I think you really need to check out my car. 2007 Gallardo Spyder

The prelp has more rawness and the sound in outta this world. F430will break much quicker and feels very light whereas the Gallardo has a more German heavier feel and this is a good thing

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
I had a friend that had both and leaned much harder to the LP560 for a bunch of reasons.

Reactions: goldlifter

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,973 Posts
@goldlifter, you have some beautiful Sports Cars. I guess once you get hooked on the sports cars there is no turning back. :giggle:

·
Registered
314 Posts
@goldlifter, you have some beautiful Sports Cars. I guess once you get hooked on the sports cars there is no turning back. :giggle:
Thank you sir! I think we can all agree the hobby is as strong of an addiction is there is out there:LOL:

I joke with people that I'm always working to pay for my car habit.....but its probably not far from the truth lol. I love the nuances and experiences that comes with driving different marquees and models but Lamborghini will always have my heart.

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,973 Posts
Thank you sir! I think we can all agree the hobby is as strong of an addiction is there is out there:LOL:

I joke with people that I'm always working to pay for my car habit.....but its probably not far from the truth lol
I used to make fun of people that did the sports car thing and now look at me. Once you get a taste of the hobby there is no reclamation of our prior identities..........

• Haha
Reactions: goldlifter

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats, they are exciting driving cars! You will love it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts