Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day All

I have this constant problem with my Gallardo, the idling when hot is always hunting. I have cleaned the throttles, checked carbon canister (which is due for replacement) but cannot for the life of me find the problem. It seems as though the throttles are compensating for something with is causing the fluctuations in the idling.

Has anyone got an idea to where I should start?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i agree you may want to get a smoke machine and see if you have a cracked vacuum hose. You'll quickly spot it if you do it this method.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You can also spray a little ether or propane around the hoses and see if there is any surging. My Murcie always runs rough when cold or after a hot run and let set for ten or 15 mins. The minute I drive hard again , it smooths out. Have you checked your fuel? Small amounts of water in the system will do the same thing. I am going to run a can of seafoam through mine. The problem with many lambos is they sit a lot and have lots of opportunity for fuel to go bad or water to condense into the system. Modern fuels break down really quickly.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good day All

I have this constant problem with my Gallardo, the idling when hot is always hunting. I have cleaned the throttles, checked carbon canister (which is due for replacement) but cannot for the life of me find the problem. It seems as though the throttles are compensating for something with is causing the fluctuations in the idling.

Good day All

Only when hot?
So definitely temperature related?
Could be idle air control units, I think they are on the side of the throttle bodies.
But it could be PCV, EGR, O2 sensors and even a vacuum leak - but this usually causes a high idle.
I take it the CEL doesn't come on anytime?
Without LARA we as pre LP cars are stuffed and rely on a garage to at least check it.
Thats probably the best thing for you to do first.
Get it checked, pay for the machine charge and say you will get back to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts