Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been covered before but post COVID I would like some pointers from members that have taken the Lamborghini factory tours. Are there packaged tours that would encompass the Lamborghini factory plus cover other cities in Italy that any member(s) would recommend. What is the best time of year to go? How long in advance does the factory tour need to be booked?

Registered
There's a few tours out there but the issue is COVID restrictions not just at the factories but different regions in Italy are split up into zones so one zone might be green whilst another might be red so travelling between the two might be an issue.

And Lambo factory tour via the dealer can be booked with a few weeks notice and most dealers will cover the cost. I don't know exactly how much it is but it's not cheap.Also the tour booked via a dealer is exclusive to you and any guest(s) whereas the factory tour booked via the Lambo website is with a group which will probably be smaller due to COVID.

I know the factory just reopened for tours but I don't know how much of the factory they'll show you. I was planning to go to the factory this month to see my STO but too many COVID travel restrictions so I decided to pass.

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Signed up for a Rick Steves Italy tour in 2022 and they are already fully booked for that entire year and have waiting lists (no immediately bookable dates). The travel agent said that although they don't do a tour to Sant'Agata Bolognese we could come a few days earlier or stay a few days after the tour ends and go on our own..........that's probably what we will do.

Registered
Signed up for a Rick Steves Italy tour in 2022 and they are already fully booked for that entire year and have waiting lists (no immediately bookable dates). The travel agent said that although they don't do a tour to Sant'Agata Bolognese we could come a few days earlier or stay a few days after the tour ends and go on our own..........that's probably what we will do.
Forget about Italy 馃榾

my tour to Spain鈥 fly into Barcelona, take A5 bus to Plaza Catalan, walk down Las Ramblas, see Sagrada Familia and other Guadi sites. Go to Picasso museum. Eat, drink and drink some more. Snooze. Go to train station go south along coast line. Stop in Valencia take in modern art, museum and beaches. Eat, drink and drink even more. Snooze. Hop on train to Peniscola. Visit castle that El Cid (Burton and Elizabeth Taylor starred in) was filmed in. Hit the beaches. Drink, drink and drink. Snooze. Hop on train to denia. Take ferry to Ibiza island. Eat, drink and beachcomb. Snooze. Hop on moped to the gypsy market. Go sailing. Go to foam party. Snooze. Hop on ferry to Barcelona. Relax. Take high speed train to Madrid. Take in all the museums. Go to Pamplona. Run with the bulls. Partake in the tomatino festival(hurl tomatoes at innocent bystanders ;) drink, drink and drink. Snooze. Fly back home. Take another week of vacation to recuperate from vacation.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@AngelOfMurci after all the boozing and snoozing I think it would be most prudent to skip the Run with the Bulls lest you are partial to being skewered. In your condition I would only run with the Bulls with 4 wheels plus a designated driver. :giggle:

Registered
@AngelOfMurci after all the boozing and snoozing I think it would be most prudent to skip the Run with the Bulls lest you are partial to being skewered. In your condition I would only run with the Bulls with 4 wheels plus a designated driver. :giggle:
Not too many people know this, but those snarling bulls that stampede over fallen pedestrians are actually friendly house pets.

Registered
Not too many people know this, but those snarling bulls that stampede over fallen pedestrians are actually friendly house pets.
Having personally run the Fiesta de San Fermin and having two 2000 lb bulls come within 10 feet of me (I have a blown up canvas hanging in my office as photographic proof), I categorically deny their suitability as house pets.

Perhaps the bulls could be trained as outdoor pets but I suspect housebreaking them to stay indoors would be challenging. Watching a grown man gored by razor sharp horns leads me to believe that any method of physical discipline would be near impossible unless using an electric cattle prod and that would only piss off the 2000 lb bull more.

Registered
Having personally run the Fiesta de San Fermin and having two 2000 lb bulls come within 10 feet of me (I have a blown up canvas hanging in my office as photographic proof), I categorically deny their suitability as house pets.

Perhaps the bulls could be trained as outdoor pets but I suspect housebreaking them to stay indoors would be challenging. Watching a grown man gored by razor sharp horns leads me to believe that any method of physical discipline would be near impossible unless using an electric cattle prod and that would only piss off the 2000 lb bull more.
If you do decide to let the bull in your house, I strongly suggest to hide the China set!

Registered

Related to your bull run鈥 CONGRATS!!!
fyi, photoshop is your friend 馃榾

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are only 4 relevant posts on the topic at hand......let's get back to and on topic. ;)

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If any member is aware of a "good" Italy tour that encompasses the Lamborghini factory please chime in.

Registered
I have always done Italy by renting a car and driving
One year we went from Rome, through Tuscany, over to pescara and Ancona by way of bologna
This was before covid
We were contemplating Italy in September but put this trip on hold until all quarantine risk have gone away.
Now we are Iceland bound instead.
Good luck with your search amd discovery
The planning is a fun part of traveling

Registered
Albert, just one more travel question OK? Are you folks going to take the "FAST TRAIN" from Rome to Florence? It's quite a rush, I remember them stating the top speed was 190 mph or something close to that. My wife and I usually don't spend much on trips but we went to Italy 8 years ago on a Tauck Tour (sp) and it was great. I have listened to Rick Steves, for years on both his radio and TV shows and he seems like a interesting fellow to tour Italy with. I hope you guys have a great time. How long you are you going for?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Jim. The only silly questions are the ones that you don't ask. ;) Regarding the "Fast Train" not sure of those details yet, more to follow.
Thanks for the well wishes. We are going for the 17 Day tour + 4 or 5 days for the trip to Sant'Agata Bolognese. What is amazing is the 2022 Italy tours are already booked out and there are waiting lists. I guess people are just tired of being under house arrest with COVID.

Registered
Hi Jim. The only silly questions are the ones that you don't ask. ;) Regarding the "Fast Train" not sure of those details yet, more to follow.
Thanks for the well wishes. We are going for the 17 Day tour + 4 or 5 days for the trip to Sant'Agata Bolognese. What is amazing is the 2022 Italy tours are already booked out and there are waiting lists. I guess people are just tired of being under house arrest with COVID.
Wow,....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts