Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products are you guys/gals using to keep your car sparkling?

I prefer simplicity/ease of use over a 10hr paint correction regimen. :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
I’m sure there is newer stuff out there but I prefer Carpro Hydro 2 for ease of use. Simply spray this every few washes and it keeps the ceramic coating going strong. Also use it on my daily which is not ceramic coated and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sure there is newer stuff out there but I prefer Carpro Hydro 2 for ease of use. Simply spray this every few washes and it keeps the ceramic coating going strong. Also use it on my daily which is not ceramic coated and it looks pretty good.
I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Wash and Shine. Easy to use, saves water and good results. Two bucket method and microfiber towels. Not for filthy cars but great for weekly maintenance, dusty cars.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Wash and Shine. Easy to use, saves water and good results. Two bucket method and microfiber towels. Not for filthy cars but great for weekly maintenance, dusty cars.
How are you liking the Performante? Curious to hear your impressions compared to your old SL.

·
Registered
424 Posts
How are you liking the Performante? Curious to hear your impressions compared to your old SL.
Having driven the Performante and having an SL I can tell you I feel like the SL wants to kill me and the Perf begs me to go faster and faster. It’s far more confidence inspiring.

Yeah, I still have my SL. So glad I decided not to let it go. What color did you end up with?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having driven the Performante and having an SL I can tell you I feel like the SL wants to kill me and the Perf begs me to go faster and faster. It’s far more confidence inspiring.

Yeah, I still have my SL. So glad I decided not to let it go. What color did you end up with?
Arancio Borealis

·
Registered
286 Posts

What he said.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I like my car's paints to be shined.
Detailing can be a hobby and some say therapeutic.

Once a paint surface is prepared maintaining can be easy - so to say.
Yet may still take an hour or two.

FWIW - Two bucket method, leaf blower to dry, claying, Meguires # 7, Meguires # 26, some then like a ceramic coating, plus a California Duster, and a spray wax for maintaining. Hi quality foam applicators, new or very clean wash mitts and microfiber towels are a necessity.

Interior is another subject and briefly I'll say use the right product: leather, vinyl, rubber, carpets, clear plastics, glass, alcantara cleaners and its special brush.

So many great products, yet I like Meguires products with there availability at Wal Mart, Pep Boys etc. Adams products mail order has a "strong" following.

I'll leave machine polishing, for the prep, for another discussion. Repeating though once prepped, at home "hand" application of products works great for me.

Yes, for me it is a hobby and therapeutic :) and usually take me four hours wash to wax with interior and no rushing. Probably could be done in an hour or two if I was efficient and speedy.

Could it be said a deep clean and wax every season change and then weekly maintaining would be the easy way? I think so; it is a hobby.

Have fun. All FWIW.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,541 Posts
Well said Kenny! I think this is a great time to work on beautifying our cars and cleaning up those garages. It is therapeutic!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wash: Optimum Car Wash. I also add about 2-3 Oz of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax to my 2 gallon bucket

Wax: Optimum Spray Wax

Optimum Poly Technology brand is the best hands down in my opinion. I can spray wax the entire car in 20 minutes. Obviously it won’t last near as long as a wipe on wipe off sealant, but it’s so easy to use and it actually holds up for a good while. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am using Adam's Polishes products, and so far am very happy with the results.

Below breaks down the process for what it's worth:

• Clean wheels & inner fender first - shaded side first using the Adams Wheel and Tire Cleaner (making sure everything is cool), microfiber wash mitt, wheel woolies short wheel brush, and fender brush (wheel cleaner is awesome as it turns the brake dust purple on contact and scrubs off super easy)

• Rinse off wheels/tires, using the Adam's Snub nose pressure washer attachment, and pressure rinse the whole painted surface of the car followed by a quick mega foam using a foam cannon (before the water dries to prevent any water spots). The soap is PH Neutral (or whatever) so once applied, I'm not worried about water spots and can take my time.

o Before working on washing the car, clean tailpipes/exhaust tips, using the All Purpose Cleaner and a wheel woolie, followed by metal polish #1 which I can apply with a microfiber towel or applicator pad

o After detailing the exhaust, rinse the whole car with my pressure washer, and then re-foam the car again right away using mega foam - paying attention to areas that I'll need to wash sections by hand if necessary

o During the wash process, I do this when it is overcast, or in the shade, trying not to scrub - but if I touch the paint I I go side to side (not circles) using either a microfiber wash mitt or the lambskin wash mitt and 2 bucket method for rinsing each mitt. Also, washing the car from top to bottom to avoid scratches as the bottoms have more dirt and grime.

• Drying- Start by spray off cracks and crevices with air cannon and get most of the water off

• Final dry with ultra plush Drying towel over windows and any water that is left (although the Air Cannon does a good job getting most of the water off so I can be touchless)

For the occasional process I can:

o Ceramic boost (every 4 washes) to keep ceramic coating hydrophobic. Spray one panel of the car at a time and buff on/off with double soft microfiber towel. Use grey borderless plush towel for buffing off excess ceramic boost (borderless plush towel also good to dust interior with as well)

Bear in mind my lambo has paint protective film and ceramic coating as well, so the above process works for me. So far so good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I clean the exterior following the two bucket method. In this method, I use a pressure washer, a car wash soap, a car wash mitt, microfiber towel, tire shine product, auto glass cleaner, a wax, two buckets and clean water.
At first, I use the pressure washer to water the whole exterior. Then I mix the car wash soap with the clean water in a bucket according to the instruction. I apply this mixture to the whole exterior including the wheel through a car wash mitt. In this way, the mitt gets dirty after cleaning some parts of the exterior. When it happens, I clean it with the clean water in another bucket. After cleaning the exterior completely, I water it again. Then I take the microfiber towel to make it dry.
Now, its time to wax the paint for a good appearance and protection. I use my tire shine product for the tire and an auto glass cleaner for the window and other glasses.
My favorite products-
Car wash soap- Chemical Guys CWS-110
Glass cleaner- Stoner Invisible Cleaner
Tire Shine product- Chemical Guys Silk Shine
Wax- Turtle Wax T-3KT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts