Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Team....

So I just found out that my hurucan i bought from the dealership lamborghini dealership that had the engine replaced, and DID NOT tell me, the purchaser, the previous owner blew the engine with turbos.

A tech that worked on it said they had the engine replaced, and was shocked they didn't tell me.

I have had non stop problems with that hurucan since I bought it, and traded it for an aventador yesterday from that same dealership.

I only recently found out today about the shady engine swap....after I got rid of it...

Here's my dilemma...

What should I do? Should I confront the dealership? Corporate? Legal? I no longer have the hurucan... but feel cheated horribly...and don't want this to happen to someone else.

I confirmed that the engine was swapped out by bolts missing from the engine bay after casually looking in there. And panels with evidenced of clear removal in the engine bay. I thought nothing of it, as I was just happy to have a lambo.

I know that this dealership just started selling lamborghinis, and they are a registered lamborghini dealership ...

Whats your thoughts team?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,446 Posts
That’s pretty hard to accept. I would certainly be upset and want some kind f compensation, but are you willing to go through the effort to do that? You can confront them a make demand of some kind, but most likely you will end up having to engage an attorney. In the end will it be worth it? If you have to maintain a relationship with that dealer it could be challenging.

If it were me, I would talk to the manager or owner and let them know how unhappy I am to have found out that the car they sold me had the engine replaced and the information was never disclosed to me. You might want to find out what the law is regarding dealers responsibility is to disclose that kind of information to the buyer before you confront them. I’d say do some more homework before bringing this to them. I feel you certainly should be given something to compensate you. This is really hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Like Russ said cooler heads prevail. They made you whole on the H and you upgraded to an Avy so objectively you came out ok. If you confront dealer management what do you hope to get out of it materially for yourself? Once you bring in lawyers you will learn that in contentious litigation the only ones who win are the attorneys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with Russ 100%. If they made you whole on the trade-in and did not give you a ridiculously low trade-in value I don't see what you can gain, especially if you want to introduce the stress of litigation.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Now that is why they couldn't figure out the electrical problems because it wasn't only the engine that was blown, the electrical system was burned out too!

Since you now know that they are a lying sotb, proceed with caution. Get other parties involved to help you. No need for threats, just play smart!

If the AV is used, get PPI done by both the dealership and an independent party. Just say that your insurance requires both. And, bring your certified mechanic friend (or hire one) to accompany you to the dealership when you see the AV.

I think it would be helpful to members if you disclose the name of the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If lemon laws apply than. Lemon it, from my experience working at a lower class (Chevy) dealerships. most of the time dealerships are terrible and don't care. We work on a "Don't ask don't tell" sell ship. You asked "How much" I tell you "how much" You didn't ask if the engine was swapped lol. But you can prove you had to pay for their negligence that get it

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,453 Posts
I would start and the lowest level possible, that is, the management of the dealership and that may be enough to remedy the problem but a good attorney will charge around $500/hr (+/-), and that could add up quickly. If management is unwilling to help you may want to file a complaint with the state attorney generals consumer protection division but, as I stated above, it's always best to resolve problems at the lowest possible level, management.
One other thing before hiring an attorney and expecting any resolution what damages can you prove? It appears that the problem has been "solved" so although I understand you may want to help the next buyer a legal remedy would be ill advised and of questionable value.
A word of advice going forward, if you have another dealership you can use I definitely would..........the adage you knew it was a snake when..............

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiya Team thank you all so much, im really not looking for compensation, I guess just, when ya buy a 200k vehicle, now my AV 350+ $, I guess there is a certain level of prefoessionalism i like to see...

Alas... your right team no point stewing about it, got me a AV all good now...

Take care yall and enjoy the rides!

·
Super Moderator
3,496 Posts
Didn't that dealer give you a full refund/trade credit for that car? Yes, it's pretty ridiculous they wouldn't disclose that, but let's not forget something; Used car salesman are slimy almost always. Unfortunately even at a Franchise Dealership. You have no recourse since they made you whole, but, I certainly would return the AV and go to a better dealership.

Reminds me of a funny saying. Know what's worse than a car salesman? A used car salesman.

The best dealerships to buy from are Lamborghini Dallas and Newport LB. Good luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would personally like to know what dealership to avoid that did this to you. It would help all of us especially if we are looking for a huracan at the moment. Glad it all worked out to your favor but would be nice to let us know so we don't fall victim to them as well.

What do you guys think of Lambo of Palm Beach?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,446 Posts
I can also vouch for Lamboghini Dallas & Newport Beach, both are top notch.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,453 Posts
I can also vouch for Lamboghini Dallas & Newport Beach, both are top notch.
Russ I have been keeping an eye on Lamborghini Dallas and there pricing is a tad higher than some other dealerships. Though, I have never tried negotiating with them. My experience with Texas Porsche and Lamborghini dealerships has not been good.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Issue is you already traded it, so you accepted the current value. In civil suits, you must sue for a loss, so did you have any dollar loss. If not, move on, but I might advise Lambo USA customer service.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What is the VIN of the problem car? May help other members in the future

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.