Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
So I brought in my car to service and they performed the update today. Looks like no need to wait til mid-April for Alexa. Looking at the picture sent to me, I think it’s already available with the latest software update. I brought it in to get the “Lamborghini Connect” option to show up under “Settings”, but what a nice surprise to get Alexa along with it. Mine is MY2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They performed the update? So that is not something the user can do? Have you tried the Alexa out yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They performed the update? So that is not something the user can do? Have you tried the Alexa out yet?
Yes they had to physically have the car because I think mine was an early MY2021, and the software was pretty far behind in version so OTA update wasn’t available (heck, I didn’t even have Connect when I got the car!). I have not tried out Alexa yet and will do so as soon as I get it back

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
i'm bit frustrated looking at the content of the services after the update. they seem to be a joke.

And the result is this. I mean they couldn't even find the 4th information which they could put on top right corner. no status of the locks, no push notification when car alarm is triggered or when car battery is loo low, just these.
It does provide more information, see pictures below. The first picture shows when I shut the car off I had popped open the engine hood (engine hood open), and the second picture I had left one of the windows down when I shut off the car. Admittedly, there is not a ton of info on the screen but it does tell you if there are open hoods/windows and probably doors though haven't tried that yet.

Attachments

Reactions: MPLC

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Yes they had to physically have the car because I think mine was an early MY2021, and the software was pretty far behind in version so OTA update wasn’t available (heck, I didn’t even have Connect when I got the car!). I have not tried out Alexa yet and will do so as soon as I get it back

I will try to see if I can download it tomorrow but if not I will have the dealership do it......just texted my SA a minute ago..........Thanks for the heads up my friend!

Reactions: blnwht

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
^^Good question maybe @blnwht can help us out.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
FYI, my dealership does not have access to Alexa yet so I guess I am looking at the middle of April for the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Same here, called my dealer and they said middle of April. Still need the update to get my 2 finger volume control to work in CarPlay so will just wait and get both done in a couple weeks

·
Registered
303 Posts
does lambo charge for this update? or is the annual maintenance which is included 3 times the right time to do it?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
does lambo charge for this update? or is the annual maintenance which is included 3 times the right time to do it?
The only thing my SA would say is that it's a free upgrade for MY2021 and when I asked about MY2020 he said he doesn't know yet. I read members on this forum claim it's a free upgrade for all EVO owners but I haven't seen anything official to confirm that yet.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
When I called yesterday was free on my 2020. So I'm sure free on all. Well unless he said free because I have maintenance package?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
When I called yesterday was free on my 2020. So I'm sure free on all
I think given the Lamborghini infotainment system has obvious shortcomings it should absolutely be a free upgrade without question. Still feel, although the infotainment system evolution was needed it just has too many niggles and shortcomings.........I hoped for a better final product.

Reactions: Russk

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer is saying I have to get a letter from lambo before they will do it. Can anyone here help? I have a 21.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
My dealer is saying I have to get a letter from lambo before they will do it. Can anyone here help? I have a 21.
That sounds crazy, your dealer should get the letter for you. And why would you need a letter in the first place?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sounds crazy, your dealer should get the letter for you. And why would you need a letter in the first place?

Thats exactly what I went back and fourth with them on... I even called Lamborghini na and they had no idea and then called dealer again and said well we talked to them and said you should get a letter. What do I do as the same dealer owns both lambo dealerships in chicago.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
Thats exactly what I went back and fourth with them on... I even called Lamborghini na and they had no idea and then called dealer again and said well we talked to them and said you should get a letter. What do I do as the same dealer owns both lambo dealerships in chicago.
I wish I could give you some good advice, but that seems very unprofessional of the dealer. He should be right there helping you out, after all they have better and more responsive communication with Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
I can't offer any solution but from the limited time I have been with the brand they do not provide an acceptable level of customer support.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
If you think Lambo is lacking try Ferrari, they are horrible. I have found Lamborghini pretty good, this problem seems more like a dealer issue not knowing. My dealership said as soon as it becomes avaible to them they will be doing the update on their cars in stock and will schedule a appointment for me. Roll out of this has barely started so not surprised there is a little confusion

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
If you think Lambo is lacking try Ferrari, they are horrible. I have found Lamborghini pretty good, this problem seems more like a dealer issue not knowing. My dealership said as soon as it becomes avaible to them they will be doing the update on their cars in stock and will schedule a appointment for me. Roll out of this has barley started so not surprised there is a little confusion
I hear you but just recently I experienced an issue with the infotainment system and was given a 1-866 number. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I finally got the unica invite and have my evo in there but there is no button to connect / pair with car in the phone app. Shouldn't it be there?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts