Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2021 EVO RWD, and I can’t seem to find the Lamborghini Connect option in “Settings” as suggested by the Unica app to pair the car with my Unica account. I asked the dealer about this who informed me that there’s a service bulletin communicating issues with the Connect serice lately. They reassured me that it’s completely normal to not see Lamborghini Connect setup in HMI currently. Is this true? Is any other EVO owner also experiencing issues with Connect? My 3G signal bars (cellular network for the car, not my phone) on the HMI screen is also completely empty which could be an indication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
You need to click that settings button to see where it would be if you have it. On my 2020 the connect option does not show since it depends when your car was manufactured. There is a software update that was suppose to come out in January that will bring all Evo's up to date but don't think it is out yet. This chart show which cars have which features as of now. I do think you will need to have your phone connected to car for it to work

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
You do need to pair your phone but if it does not show up in the settings you may need the dealer to do a software update or a reset. Mine would not stop pestering me to connect so I kept declining but relented and set it up. I have attached the steps to set it up when it's available on your car. Note my EVO is a 2021 that was completed in November and delivered to the dealership in the middle of December and it was already available on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 21 evo... I just got but was built last year... I have connected services option on my sticker... how do I go about getting it enabled and Alexa added? dealer has to do it?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
I have a 21 evo... I just got but was built last year... I have connected services option on my sticker... how do I go about getting it enabled and Alexa added? dealer has to do it?
My 2021 EVO was built in 2020 as well, and completed in November. Mine already had connected services and if your car does not then the dealership can do a software update. Regarding Alexa it was supposed to go live in January but at this time there is no date certain. Though, as soon as Alexa is available the dealership will load that with a software update as well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
I haven't heard anything definitive regarding the deployment of Alexa.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
I’m patiently waiting. They said by summer, but that’s questionable.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
You know Russ the people we depend on for critical information apparently are kept in the dark or at least a poorly lit room. Having said that If I had the access to resources they do I know with a little persistence I could find out the information without question. For the most part I think they are not motivated or persistent enough to ferret out the information.

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
You know Russ the people we depend on for critical information apparently are kept in the dark or at least a poorly lit room. Having said that If I had the access to resources they do I know with a little persistence I could find out the information without question. For the most part I think they are not motivated or persistent enough to ferret out the information.
Absolutely, we both know, somebody knows. Alexa was advertised over a year ago now. What a tease! I’ll see if I can find that clip.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
Any updates on Alexa availability?
Just heard Alexa will be deployed mid-April as a free upgrade for 2021 EVO owners. I asked about 2020 EVO owners and my SA said no word as to whether that will be a free upgrade for MY2020 yet.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
Repost:

Here is the letter my SA sent me that he just received regarding Alexa:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dealer Partners,

This morning, Automobili Lamborghini announced exciting enhancements to the connected services of the Huracán EVO range. Customers with MY 2021 and above Huracán EVO and Huracán EVO RWD can now find peace of mind through new Lamborghini UNICA functionality as well as comprehensive in-car control by Amazon Alexa.

Please note, existing Huracán EVO owners can also enjoy enhanced connected services as all Lamborghini Connected features can be retro-fitted from mid-April free-of-charge at authorized Lamborghini dealers, as well as optional upgrades.

We encourage you to click here to learn more about this exciting new offering.

Should you have any questions, please contact your Regional Marketing Manager.

Best regards,
Automobili Lamborghini America
Marketing Communications
[email protected]
www.lamborghini.com

·
Registered
79 Posts
Repost:

Here is the letter my SA sent me that he just received regarding Alexa:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dealer Partners,

This morning, Automobili Lamborghini announced exciting enhancements to the connected services of the Huracán EVO range. Customers with MY 2021 and above Huracán EVO and Huracán EVO RWD can now find peace of mind through new Lamborghini UNICA functionality as well as comprehensive in-car control by Amazon Alexa.

Please note, existing Huracán EVO owners can also enjoy enhanced connected services as all Lamborghini Connected features can be retro-fitted from mid-April free-of-charge at authorized Lamborghini dealers, as well as optional upgrades.

We encourage you to click here to learn more about this exciting new offering.

Should you have any questions, please contact your Regional Marketing Manager.

Best regards,
Automobili Lamborghini America
Marketing Communications
[email protected]
www.lamborghini.com
Yes... just received similar notification via the UNICA app for my ‘21 EVO... will contact dealer to confirm and see if I can schedule an installation next month... would be nice to have this...

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Yea got the message and looks like it is free for all Evo's

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
Yes... just received similar notification via the UNICA app for my ‘21 EVO... will contact dealer to confirm and see if I can schedule an installation next month... would be nice to have this...
I saw the article on UNICA as well and then I contacted the salesperson to confirm. He is still not sure whether the car will have to be brought to the dealership or not for the Alexa upgrade but I am hoping they can deploy Alexa as a software download through connected services.......more to follow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dealer service advisor got back to me... said mid-late April for install, but had no other info... will let me know...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
It would be nice if we could simply download Alexa through connected services and avoid a dealership visit altogether but I may be asking too much.

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
It would be nice if we could simply download Alexa through connected services and avoid a dealership visit altogether but I may be asking too much.
It sounded like 2021 and above models are already equipped for the upgrade , I am hoping that means a simple download can be done without taking it into the dealer. Earlier models will have to get it installed at their dealership.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i'm bit frustrated looking at the content of the services after the update. they seem to be a joke.

Vehicle Status Report

unica user remotely checks vehicle Status information.
The UNICA App user can access a detailed report of his/her vehicle status.
And the result is this. I mean they couldn't even find the 4th information which they could put on top right corner. no status of the locks, no push notification when car alarm is triggered or when car battery is loo low, just these.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I brought in my car to service and they performed the update today. Looks like no need to wait til mid-April for Alexa. Looking at the picture sent to me, I think it’s already available with the latest software update. I brought it in to get the “Lamborghini Connect” option to show up under “Settings”, but what a nice surprise to get Alexa along with it. Mine is MY2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts