Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anybody here a member? I’m trying to see if it’s worth it to sign up? What are some of the added perks? The website is rather vague. Do you get exclusive invites to owner events and things of that nature? If so how often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,092 Posts
I don’t mean to speak negatively of them as I am a member, but I get nothing out of it. I am in the Pacific Northwest where there is not a local chapter so my thoughts on the matter are painted as such. There are other geographies where they probably have active and fun groups. They make an attempt to send some swag every year, and that is appreciated, but so far I’ve got nothing out of it.

I hate to mention it on this forum, but I am an active member in the Pacific Northwest region of the Ferrari club of America. I have never owned a Ferrari, but let me tell you that is a fun group to belong to and I have gotten much enjoyment from it, and many friends. That said, in those geographies where the Lamborghini club is active I can only imagine how much fun it would be. You might look into your local club and ask around.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,897 Posts
I’m also a member and I get a carbon fiber membership card and an annual magazine which is usually pretty nice, but other than that being I’m in Hawaii it doesn’t serve me that well .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t mean to speak negatively of them as I am a member, but I get nothing out of it. I am in the Pacific Northwest where there is not a local chapter so my thoughts on the matter are painted as such. There are other geographies where they probably have active and fun groups. They make an attempt to send some swag every year, and that is appreciated, but so far I’ve got nothing out of it.

I hate to mention it on this forum, but I am an active member in the Pacific Northwest region of the Ferrari club of America. I have never owned a Ferrari, but let me tell you that is a fun group to belong to and I have gotten much enjoyment from it, and many friends. That said, in those geographies where the Lamborghini club is active I can only imagine how much fun it would be. You might look into your local club and ask around.
Thanks for the feedback. The closest local chapter to me would be southeast as there doesn’t seem to be an active local chapter in the Washington DC region.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
The Chicago chapter was pretty active, but more from the effort of the local chapter president organizing drives, lunches, and coordinating with car shows.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I was a member for years. I dropped out because of what DiabloClyde said. I was paying all of that money for a couple magazines and a fancy membership card.

It has perks, but you have to be in the right places at the right times.
-I got a significant discount on parts and service when I got my engine rebuild at Evans Auto.
-My quicksilver exhaust had a healthy club member discount.
-It is a good way to learn of events and gatherings around the world.
-Without question, the biggest perks were when I went to Monterey for car week. Special events, Special guests, SWAG, discounts, club shuttle, club parking and lots of special treatment.

After a week in Monterey, the price of membership felt like a steal. Staying at home for a couple years, it felt like a waste of money..... If you want to go to events and club meets, it is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
I wondered the same thing about the Club in Central Texas but was hesitant to join especially with this COVID stuff. If the local club only hands out fancy membership cards and some marginally useful magazines I probably will pass.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a member for years. I dropped out because of what DiabloClyde said. I was paying all of that money for a couple magazines and a fancy membership card.

It has perks, but you have to be in the right places at the right times.
-I got a significant discount on parts and service when I got my engine rebuild at Evans Auto.
-My quicksilver exhaust had a healthy club member discount.
-It is a good way to learn of events and gatherings around the world.
-Without question, the biggest perks were when I went to Monterey for car week. Special events, Special guests, SWAG, discounts, club shuttle, club parking and lots of special treatment.

After a week in Monterey, the price of membership felt like a steal. Staying at home for a couple years, it felt like a waste of money..... If you want to go to events and club meets, it is well worth it.
How exactly does the parts discount work? I simply show the membership card to my local exotic or Lamborghini dealer and they offer a discount?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I was mid project and Evans Auto was giving me prices on some parts. He asked if I was in the club because of some discounts. Been a while since I have bought parts, but I think there might be some discounts on some of the part websites. Pretty sure it varies shop to shop, site to site. Some might give discounts, some not.

Looking at the club site, there is a list of "Partners" and "Dealers". They probably have perks and discounts for club members.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,092 Posts
I’m kicking myself because of Ohlgren’s post. I wonder if I have overlooked parts and labor discounts during my membership? I will ask!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I wondered the same thing about the Club in Central Texas but was hesitant to join especially with this COVID stuff. If the local club only hands out fancy membership cards and some marginally useful magazines I probably will pass.
I am not a member but, the Lambo club in Dallas is very active. I see stuff on FB and see them at various Lambo Dallas events.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
I am not a member but, the Lambo club in Dallas is very active. I see stuff on FB and see them at various Lambo Dallas events.
That's good to know. Though, I am hoping to find something a little closer to the Georgetown/Austin area. I will contact the president of the club and see what info/recommendations he can provide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was thinking maybe parts too. I actually joined Porsche Club NA just to get the 10% discount local dealerships offer on service. Saved me more than the cost of membership on my last clutch replacement.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
Now as I mentioned in another thread, if my local Lamborghini Club could work out a deal with a small local airport for straight line top speed runs I am all in. 🏎

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've been a member for several years. Other than the swag they send, I do it just to support the brand. Andrew does do a great job and is as enthusiastic about Lamborghini as anyone out there. He has a great personal relationship with Valentino Balboni as well, who is full of so much history and stories. Though I haven't attended Monterey yet, (planned on it in 20, but oh well), they put on great events there for the members. Would love to see them put on some sort of rally this summer for us all within the states since most have been cooped up for so long. I attended Serata Dubai with them in November 2019 and can say it was a great blast, first class all the way and met great folks, folks who were genuine and kind. Got to spend the week with Mr. Balboni, talking, learning and hearing his stories from the early days. I mean as kids with a love for the car, who would have thought that type of opportunity would arise. I'll get flak for saying this but the closet local chapter (200 miles away) is in Dallas. I used to frequent events there but other than one kind person on their leadership team, the others would just blow me off I guess cause I wasn't local, who knows, so I stopped going. All in all it's $250 a year membership and that's not a whole lot from a Lamborghini owner to support their brand. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wish I had more reasons to pull the cool carbon fiber membership card out of my wallet. No remotely nearby events for me. The magazine is well made but my favorite thing is the calendar. I've purchased other "Lamborghini" (not official merchandise) calendars that I've found online and they have been crap, so I appreciate the one Lamborghini sends me every year as I enjoy having it on my desk. A rather expensive calendar considering I don't get much else out of the membership but to UR 55's point, I feel like I'm helping support the brand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts