Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2014 Aventador with no issues whatsoever, and today I left it parked up for a while in an underground car park and when I returned the car wont open with the key fob. i changed the battery even though it was flashing red when pressing the unlock button and still nothing. I also tried starting it without putting the key in the ignition and nothing. I tried using the spare key too and nothing.

Will i have to do the coding process with the key in the ignition?

Thanks in advance for any help as I am not really mechanically minded!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi guys, very sorry I didn’t reply! I suppose I was just so relieved to of gotten the car back in one piece with no damage and working! Anyway, got the battery out by taking the parcel tub out of the front, unscrewing 4x screws in the base of it and pulling upwards. As pulling upwards it was hitting against the bonnet, so I popped out the window screen washer pods and forced the plastic a little and it popped out. Also you have to disconnect the charge cable on the left. After changing the battery there was varias fault codes that needed wiping. I wiped the codes and after that everything is spot on. No more problems ! Thanks again for your help ! I’d recconemd if you ever have to change the battery on one of these things take a second person with you. Apart from that it wasn’t that hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi guys, very sorry I didn’t reply! I suppose I was just so relieved to of gotten the car back in one piece with no damage and working! Anyway, got the battery out by taking the parcel tub out of the front, unscrewing 4x screws in the base of it and pulling upwards. As pulling upwards it was hitting against the bonnet, so I popped out the window screen washer pods and forced the plastic a little and it popped out. Also you have to disconnect the charge cable on the left. After changing the battery there was varias fault codes that needed wiping. I wiped the codes and after that everything is spot on. No more problems ! Thanks again for your help ! I’d recconemd if you ever have to change the battery on one of these things take a second person with you. Apart from that it wasn’t that hard.
So it had nothing to do with your key fobs? It was just a dead battery in the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was all down to the car battery. After I installed the new one everything was fine, apart from clearing some codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lamborghini aventador LP 700- 4 canbus id for ignition

Please I am trying to power up my aventador instrument cluster on the bench to check the display and I need to know the ignition canbus id. Please I need help . If you have lamborghini canbus id's please help me by replying?:wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts