Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may or may not know. Lamborghini does not offer touch up paint like most manufacturers. The dealer will tell you to go to an automotive paint supply store to have some mixed. I have Blu Aegeus which is a matt color and I wanted to have some touch up paint just in case. After doing some research. I found this website.

Automotive Touch Up Paint | Paint Scratch Repair Kit | Car Touch Up Paint | Color N Drive

It was $39.95 US and included free shipping. Kit arrived today and I was amazed at how thorough (instructions) it is and what's included for the price. No affiliation just thought I'd share.

Plant Flowerpot Houseplant Rectangle Gas

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice find!!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
OP, firstly thanks for the great resource. Though, if you have occasion to use it let us know how good the product is and how closely it match your factory paint color.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Have ordered this kit for 2 of my cars, great product

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
So, you have used it, and it meets your expectations?
Used it on Lotus and it worked great, also bought one for lambo but have not had to use. I like having it handy so when I replace Expel I have it in case needed. And you would like that they even supply gloves with kit

Font Liquid Carmine Circle Magenta

• Haha
Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
And you would like that they even supply gloves with kit
Wait, wait hold the phone...........did you say gloves? Okay, that does it, I need to order a case of the Color N Drive!

Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Don't get to excited they are just cheap rubber ones. Did your new Evo come with the gloves? Looks great, I'm tempted to switch to your color on my order since my RS5 is similar and stays so much cleaner than my dark blue.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
Don't get to excited they are just cheap rubber ones. Did your new Evo come with the gloves? Looks great, I'm tempted to switch to your color on my order since my RS5 is similar and stays so much cleaner than my dark blue.
:ROFLMAO: Of course, you knew I knew the gloves were not Fratelli Orsini Italian leather gloves, right?

Funny, yes there are a pair of the white leather gloves in the frunk but when I traded in my 2021 my SA, Chase, told me to keep the original set of white leather gloves so, Ladies and Gents I now have TWO pairs. ;) I guess I can always double glove.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:ROFLMAO: Of course, you knew I knew the gloves were not Fratelli Orsini Italian leather gloves, right?

Funny, yes there are a pair of the white leather gloves in the frunk but when I traded in my 2021 my SA, Chase, told me to keep the original set of white leather gloves so, Ladies and Gents I now have TWO pairs. ;) I guess I can always double glove.
Don't know why he said that. I'm very particular in giving everything with the car and a final detail. I do it to show my pride of ownership tenure.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
Don't know why he said that. I'm very particular in giving everything with the car and a final detail. I do it to show my pride of ownership tenure.
Actually my 2021 EVO came without the white leather gloves. They ordered those for me............. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I used to take this approach but when I turned my Hellcat in to Lambo they didn’t even look at it. We agreed to a price over the phone and when I rolled up they seriously…never! Looked! At! It! I was floored and somewhat upset even though it was dirty from my trip to the dealership. After that we traded in our truck for a car and I didn’t do squat to it. Dealers could care less about our pride of ownership so I won’t waste a second more ever again for something that means nothing to them.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
@Rcasa20, dead right the dealerships just want warm bodies engines!!

Reactions: Luzifer and Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used to take this approach but when I turned my Hellcat in to Lambo they didn’t even look at it. We agreed to a price over the phone and when I rolled up they seriously…never! Looked! At! It! I was floored and somewhat upset even though it was dirty from my trip to the dealership. After that we traded in our truck for a car and I didn’t do squat to it. Dealers could care less about our pride of ownership so I won’t waste a second more ever again for something that means nothing to them.
To be clear, I do it for the future owner not the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
To be clear, I do it for the future owner not the dealer.
It crushed me to turn my car in to the dealer. I really wanted to find an individual to give all kinds of stuff to. Instead I passed along accessories to local buddies cause who knows what the dealer does with them. Pretty sure they don’t pass jack on to the future owner.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It crushed me to turn my car in to the dealer. I really wanted to find an individual to give all kinds of stuff to. Instead I passed along accessories to local buddies cause who knows what the dealer does with them. Pretty sure they don’t pass jack on to the future owner.
Yeah, I can imagine some cigarette chomping salesman foaming at the mouth thinking what they can hawk some of that stuff for on eBay. I've heard some dealers do this a lot with Ferrari luggage. Corrupt CNC motors had hundreds of thousands of dollars in Ferrari luggage and extras they kept and sold. Your point is well taken.

·
Registered
136 Posts
As some of you may or may not know. Lamborghini does not offer touch up paint like most manufacturers. The dealer will tell you to go to an automotive paint supply store to have some mixed. I have Blu Aegeus which is a matt color and I wanted to have some touch up paint just in case. After doing some research. I found this website.

Automotive Touch Up Paint | Paint Scratch Repair Kit | Car Touch Up Paint | Color N Drive

It was $39.95 US and included free shipping. Kit arrived today and I was amazed at how thorough (instructions) it is and what's included for the price. No affiliation just thought I'd share.

View attachment 301862
I did not know you could touch up Matte paint.

·
Registered
49 Posts

View attachment 301862

View attachment 301862

1 - 20 of 21 Posts