Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in the position to purchase my first Lambo. Looking at a Gallardo, gated manual or egear. In talking to dealers the first one I’ve found in my price range is asking that I have my credit Union make out the VIN specific check to their dealer and that I agree on a sales price with a signed buyers order before I can even do a test drive? Is this common practice? I find it strange to agree on a price for a used car before even being able to drive it.

My credit union has already given me the check that just needs to be filled out at the dealer and I have proof of funds in my bank account. Shouldn’t that be enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s exactly what I thought, putting the cart before the horse. Then of course their excuse is “All of our customers have purchased their exotics without needing to drive it first.”

Like yea excuse me for wanting to test drive a near 15 year old car before I commit to buy it.”

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,865 Posts
That is ridiculous! I would tell them absolutely not. You should be able to test drive, have PPI done without any paperwork or commitments.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,554 Posts
That’s exactly what I thought, putting the cart before the horse. Then of course their excuse is “All of our customers have purchased their exotics without needing to drive it first.”

Like yea excuse me for wanting to test drive a near 15 year old car before I commit to buy it.”

My friend I have had several "exotics" if you want to call them that and they are sold by dealerships and salespeople that on occasion are not that honorable or decent. As to not being allowed to test drive these cars that has been the experience I have had on two occasions both with a new 2019 Porsche GT3-RS and a new 2018 Porsche GT2-RS I bought, and also considering the fact that the combined dollar value of those cars with ADMs was quite substantial. Not condoning that practice and in fact it is reprehensible but just letting you know it does happen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can totally understand them doing that on a new car but this is on a used near 15 year old Gallardo.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
I can totally understand them doing that on a new car but this is on a used near 15 year old Gallardo.

Really, that's what just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Are you very young?
Have you seen them in person
Or has this all been over the phone?
If you have to have this car, make an appointment with the salesperson and go from there

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,554 Posts

They would not let me test drive the 2016 GT3-RS either before placing the order for the 2019.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you very young?
Have you seen them in person
Or has this all been over the phone?
If you have to have this car, make an appointment with the salesperson and go from there
No I’m not but I’ve been told I look younger than I am. This was in person, I explained what I’m looking for, went and sat inside the car, talked over some features and details of it and went over the carfax. I explained I already have the approval from my credit union but hadn’t gone to pick up the check yet. The sales guy then told me we can discuss a test drive after you’ve ran the VIN by your CU to make sure they’re ok with the purchase, took his card said ok then left. Did that and communicated for a week over email about additional details and trying to set up the test drive and that’s when he tells me he needs the check to be already filled out with their dealership name, make, VIN and other info about the car and to have all paperwork drawn up before we can do the test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk up

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Speak with manager and explain the situation
It sounds reasonable to want a test drive and ppi pending payment.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bad situation, when I bought my AV, I drove 3 cars to compare at the dealer. Perhaps it was the fact I drove up in my Super G, but we neve talked price or anything. If they want a sale, it is reasonable to allow a test drive. May want to find another dealer or like recommended talk to the manager.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’d tell them they don’t want your business very badly and go elsewhere. Buying something without even driving it is problematic at best, especially with this much money involved.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
When I was looking for my first lambo Newport Beach had no problem letting go for a test drive in their demo, not the new car I was interested in buying.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Can't stop there. Let's hear your impression!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't stop there. Let's hear your impression!
Haven’t gotten the drive just yet. I was supposed to take it out this Sunday that just passed but due to road conditions had to reschedule. Still have some salt on the roads from some snow we had last week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts