Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious. Recently, I’ve received several emails from reputable Lambo dealers offering to buy my Performante. I don’t normally research the market, not my thing. Is there a shortage of Lambo for sale?

Reactions: Cadster

·
Registered
101 Posts
Curious. Recently, I’ve received several emails from reputable Lambo dealers offering to buy my Performante. I don’t normally research the market, not my thing. Is there a shortage of Lambo for sale?
Yes. There is. Performante and SVJ are especially in tight supply.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
I really don't see any shortage of HP's. There are 7 on CarGurus, over 15 on Cars.com and even more on Autotrader.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've seen dealers on here talk about having trouble finding inventory lately. Could be that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really don't see any shortage of HP's. There are 7 on CarGurus, over 15 on Cars.com and even more on Autotrader.
There are more Senna’s for sale on Autotrader than Performante’s, 16 vs 15. More 991 GT2 RS’s, 38. More 991.2 GT3 RS’s, 34. More Ferrari Pista’s, 60. Hell...there’s even more Ferrari F8’s, 21. I could go on and on. The Performante is in short supply relative to its peer group.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dealers are selling quite a few cars these days and the buyers usually trade in cars. The buying is happening, but the trade ins are not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's a pretty typical dealer scheme.... they send you random emails on how your vehicle is in high demand and then low-balls the heck out of you. It's just a way for them to pique the interest of those that otherwise wouldn't have considered selling.

A dealer in WI has like five Performantes for sale right now, FYI.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
There are more Senna’s for sale on Autotrader than Performante’s, 16 vs 15. More 991 GT2 RS’s, 38. More 991.2 GT3 RS’s, 34. More Ferrari Pista’s, 60. Hell...there’s even more Ferrari F8’s, 21. I could go on and on. The Performante is in short supply relative to its peer group.
No, not quite comparing apples to apples there. If you look you can find plenty of inventory. It’s no different than last year either.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here’s another data point for non-believers. My dealer is buying Urus’s back for nearly what the original buyer paid for them. He said he could sell 20 a month if he could get the inventory. The auto sector is red hot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's a pretty typical dealer scheme.... they send you random emails on how your vehicle is in high demand and then low-balls the heck out of you. It's just a way for them to pique the interest of those that otherwise wouldn't have considered selling.

A dealer in WI has like five Performantes for sale right now, FYI.
Why would the WI dealer not market them online?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Funny how they photograph their Perfs with the front end lift up in 4x4 tractor mode. The photography and preparation of the cars (or not) is dismal and may be why they have so many. Is that a shower curtain used for a photo backdrop? To be nice they do note the actual Lamborghini color of their cars unlike most of the internet ads for "yellow" or "blue".
I agree that is strange but they may be wanting to show the axle lift in the ad. That is a deal breaker for some not to have the lift.

Mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
A bit of information for all. Due to COVID, there has been many challenges for all sectors of retail. The car manufacturers are no different. The automaker themselves, the suppliers, the distribution chain ect. have all been hit. In the domestic world and even Tesla, there is a computer chip that is not available causing a huge delay in new inventory. Dealers who usually stock 300 units have 80 in stock. I ussally stock 60 trucks and I have 5. The production at the plant is down but they are still producing the F-150 but they are "fencing" the trucks until the chip can be obtained and then installed before shipping to the dealer. This all filters into the used market as well. Inventory on used has been short for months but even shorter now due to the sales rate caused by shortage of new vehicles to purchase. I have no idea how all this affects the Lamborghini but I assume it is much the same, just at a higher price tag. I own a Perf spider and feel it is a pretty safe investment if you can call a car an investment. There are some perf listed around for sale, color and spec is a big part of the demand and pricing. I don't know if any of this helped but I tried to paint the picture. It is for sure a good time to market your vehicles you don't desire to own, either to private individuals or to dealers. The demand is there. Much like the housing market. Good luck and enjoy your automobile experiences.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
144 Posts
Here's a note on marketing that I don't understand but all through Dec/Jan I was looking on the usual sites, Autotempest and everything related but I didn't pay much attention to Facebook marketplace..... To make the story short finally out of frustration I did, and after probably skipping over the ad several times (because the car looked black and the front end was all jacked up) I clicked on it to find it was the Blue I was looking for and a Gen 2 for nearly the price of a Gen 1 ........ 3 hours away! I went and bought it. Price had been dropped at least 3 times since November. They never advertised it anywhere but on their own website and Facebook !! Worked out for me, but WHY. I definitely think their marketing strategy (and photographer) FAILED on that one so Proof that you need to search EVERYWHERE and click on all the ads. They didn't even have the year of the car in the title of the Listing and the picture was so crappy you couldn't tell. Initially I wrongly assumed it was a 04-08 black spyder, and here it turned out to be a 2011 Blu Fontus

Reactions: Murciful

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's a note on marketing that I don't understand but all through Dec/Jan I was looking on the usual sites, Autotempest and everything related but I didn't pay much attention to Facebook marketplace..... To make the story short finally out of frustration I did, and after probably skipping over the ad several times (because the car looked black and the front end was all jacked up) I clicked on it to find it was the Blue I was looking for and a Gen 2 for nearly the price of a Gen 1 ........ 3 hours away! I went and bought it. Price had been dropped at least 3 times since November. They never advertised it anywhere but on their own website and Facebook !! Worked out for me, but WHY. I definitely think their marketing strategy (and photographer) FAILED on that one so Proof that you need to search EVERYWHERE and click on all the ads. They didn't even have the year of the car in the title of the Listing and the picture was so crappy you couldn't tell. Initially I wrongly assumed it was a 04-08 black spyder, and here it turned out to be a 2011 Blu Fontus
I will attest that in my world, there are dealers who do a great job marketing and others that don't. It cost money to belong to autotrader, carsdotcom, ect but I have to assume that anyone in the retail side of automobiles can afford or better said, can't afford not to belong to these sites. I actually found a 488 spider on marketplace once. I think since market place is free, why not...........right?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Loads of them here in South Florida for sale

·
Registered
136 Posts
Loads of them here in South Florida for sale
Yes, the guy I bought mine from (verde mantis) got a white one from Miami area. Although some places around the country seem to have several, there is a shortage of particular cars (performante) around the country. I buy all the shelby's I can get, so one would think by chatting with me that they are easy to find, that is not the case around the country. A nice car ( condition and spec) will always demand top dollar over others no matter what the market is. I just know right now, the market is hot and money seems to be available.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts