Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a frequent reader of this site but rarely post.

I placed a wanted add on Lamborghiniregistry.com (and this site as well), for some SVR body parts that I needed. I was contacted by an individual from the UK (London), named Chris Sawyer stating the parts were available. To make a long story short, I forwarded him the funds via Visa and through Paypal so there was a degree of protection. As one can guess, the parts never showed and of course all communication ceased the day after Paypal confirmed receipt of payment. I have made repeated requests for package tracking confirmation, have called his number, and have made multiple attempts at emailing.

I have Chris Sawyer's phone, address, and bank information which may or may not be valid. If any of you have had contact with this person with the hopes of any sales transactions I would be more than skeptical. I will gladly forward any of the information privately should it be needed- I'm not sure of the legality (or lack there of), for posting it publically although I would love to.

If I am mistaken about this person and he is legit, I need to hear about it. I would love nothing more than to hear that my transaction is genuine and Chris Sawyer is just not as timely as he should be, or something is preventing him from returning my requests.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
52 Posts
johnghini said:
Hi,

I am a frequent reader of this site but rarely post.

I placed a wanted add on Lamborghiniregistry.com (and this site as well), for some SVR body parts that I needed. I was contacted by an individual from the UK (London), named Chris Sawyer stating the parts were available. To make a long story short, I forwarded him the funds via Visa and through Paypal so there was a degree of protection. As one can guess, the parts never showed and of course all communication ceased the day after Paypal confirmed receipt of payment. I have made repeated requests for package tracking confirmation, have called his number, and have made multiple attempts at emailing.

I have Chris Sawyer's phone, address, and bank information which may or may not be valid. If any of you have had contact with this person with the hopes of any sales transactions I would be more than skeptical. I will gladly forward any of the information privately should it be needed- I'm not sure of the legality (or lack there of), for posting it publically although I would love to.

If I am mistaken about this person and he is legit, I need to hear about it. I would love nothing more than to hear that my transaction is genuine and Chris Sawyer is just not as timely as he should be, or something is preventing him from returning my requests.

Thanks,
John
Last year there was a Chris Sawyer & Chris Sawyerr pulling a scam on Fchat, with a bogus raffle for a 360, they were able to track him down. Probably the same guy, post on Fchat and I'm sure you'll get a lot of info on him.
Mark

·
Registered
568 Posts
If you have not all ready call the police where you are located and in the UK. Get the number for the Bank call them. Notify Paypal etc.

Do it yesterday!

·
Registered
136 Posts
rovingtravler said:
If you have not all ready call the police where you are located and in the UK. Get the number for the Bank call them. Notify Paypal etc.

Do it yesterday!
Hi John

Im in the U.K and i have two companies here.. I will give you a dept collection agencys number next week.. We do alot of buisiness with them and they work on collecting your money and taken a small percentage of it..

Let me know if you would like me to contact them for you and then i will give you the number.

Regards

Carlo

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mark is correct. In fact the Feds got into the picture and I thought the DA nailed him.... Might be the same guy....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help

Hi everyone,

An important note regarding this person Chris Sawyer:

He also spells his last name as "Sawyerr". Apparently, he was involved in a scam through Fcat two years ago. The outcome of the case is unknown to me at this time but it seems as though he was deported back to the UK. After contacting members of the Fchat board they we very helpful and well aware of this person.

As of now Visa, Paypal, the UK bank, and the authorities have all been contacted. It appears that Visa will be the one who will investigate the matter most aggresively. If anyone on this list has had contact with this person please don't follow through with any transfer of funds. If I can provide information to anyone in order to thwart this persons activity I will gladly do so.

regards,
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts