Lamborghini Talk banner

Lambo losing lifeblood

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  worldrider 
#1 ·

This is the last thing you ever want to see trailing behind an Italian exotic. I almost wish it was my blood-trail instead of the Lambo’s (would be cheaper to fix here in Canada [emoji6]).

Assume a seal on the nose lift blew...

See less See more
#3 ·
When my 2017 H Spyder left a trail like that it was the entire hydraulic system for my top.

#5 ·
They didn't know other than one of the lines blew, and unfortunately it was behind the drivers seat. They had to rip out the interior and the entire top with all the components. I got all new carpeting leather in back of the seats and a completely new soft top. My mechanic said that they could have just replaced the line that broke but by warranty standards they had to do the whole thing. I have pics which I will see if I can find.

#9 ·
I had a similar leak on my first LP640 and it was a power steering line close to the right rear wheel well. The hoses on these cars do not age well....id just replace them all while youre in there if thats the culprit

#11 ·
Very true. Just because these cars still look like a brand new model, all of the rubber parts are starting to get old. No matter how little or how much you drive them, rubber parts go bad. At this point, if the engine is out, it's time to replace any engine bay hoses made of rubber/silicone so you don't have to keep repairing them one at a time.

#15 ·
+1000 for Glen...one of the best, honest vendors on this site.

#17 ·
Hydraulic fluid coming from center of car is most likely the return line from the front. $5 piece of straight hose and some tight working quarters.

Remove the vertical panel in the frunk and there will be a small rubber hose running horizontally with adjustable hose clamps on each side, it will likely be covered in power steering fluid. Figure out how to get your hands and tools in there, pop the hose off and take it to your local parts store to get the same dimensions power steering hose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.