Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

Registered
Though, mine is more of a controlled burn. Forest Money management is still important.;)
This image was what popped into my head when you said pile of money to burn. Buying a Lamborghini definitely sends a message, even if none was intended.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Buying a Lamborghini definitely sends a message, even if none was intended.
Yes indeed, forever young at heart, and Do Not Go Gentle into that Goodnight................

Registered
I just bought another so I must be Firestarter at heart. However it is a manual gated Gallardo that I got a really good deal on. I dont burn piles just let lots of piles smolder. The older rare cars have much more upside potential and less depreciation. I might lose or gain but it is all in good fun. And for my wife they are INVESTMENTS.

Premium Member
Lee it sounds like you have yourself a fantastic woman. She let's you believe that she believes it's an investment. :)

Did you pick up the front end damaged G? If I knew anything about working on these cars, I would have jumped at it. As it is, if spring doesn't come quickly, I may find myself with an investment EVO spyder in my garage. Mother nature save my pile from the seemingly uncontrolled combustion!!

Registered
Yea I made a deal on that one. Clear title, good motor and trans. Minor collision damage. Easy work for me. This way we can roll to car meets with all three and my son can drive one and my future son in law the other. They have even volunteered to help.LOL

Registered
Wow, that鈥檚 young! at that age, my startup was just starting to get break even :)
I am now 53.... ;) (but feel like 20!)... does that mean I must urgently pull the trigger for a used Roadster LP740 covered with Xpel Stealth? :ROFLMAO:
Yes! You definitely should - At my age (69) it's a real shame that I've lost my reflexes and to drive these cars ANYWHERE near their ability. Mine is "piece of art" that is NEVER used "spiritedly", simply because I don't have the capabilities anymore to do it.

Now your saying "yeah, but I'm 53, 69 is a looooong way from me" - WRONG - trust me on this, it will go in a flash (you could even be dead) and you won't get one of the best pleasures in life you can get from your hard work. Get it now! Trust me, soon it will just be a piece of art you "potter around" in sometimes.

Registered
I bought my first before I could really afford it and all it did was incentivize me to be more successful. It was a great motivator.
That鈥檚 how I am. Having nice things makes me want to have more nice things. Of course I make sure I have the finances to do it

Registered
Yes! You definitely should - At my age (69) it's a real shame that I've lost my reflexes and to drive these cars ANYWHERE near their ability. Mine is "piece of art" that is NEVER used "spiritedly", simply because I don't have the capabilities anymore to do it.

Now your saying "yeah, but I'm 53, 69 is a looooong way from me" - WRONG - trust me on this, it will go in a flash (you could even be dead) and you won't get one of the best pleasures in life you can get from your hard work. Get it now! Trust me, soon it will just be a piece of art you "potter around" in sometimes.
Thanks for this very inspiring answer!
(which I instantly forwarded to my wife as a living proof of the urgency of getting an Aventador :) )

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
OP has apparently moved on but what should be clear is that there are many ways to achieve your goals in life and when people express their views that is okay as long as it's with the understanding that each of our views are only a perspective not the perspective. I have a world view as others do but I would never presume that my view(s) have any universality. Hopefully, this thread and the views expressed will be useful to other prospective buyers down the road. The age old adage still applies........there's more than one way to skin a cat Bull. ;)

Registered
I'm 60 but love to blast around in the lambos. I dont mind straight line speed but the track is not much fun anymore. I am getting interested in land speed racing. Lots of older guys with really fast cars. Nothing beats that adrenaline rush. I ALWAYS come home smiling. Best drug on the market .Lambophine.

Premium Member
60, and 25 at heart, Lee.

Registered

This message contributed to finally deciding that I am going to buy one.... exiting the Dreamer Forum Section and I am following-up in the Aventador Section with a dedicated thread:)

Registered
That is great. They will make smile every time you drive them. Good luck. I love the Aventadors , i just like to work on them so they are too new to really need any work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #79
OP here, thanks everyone for your replies, I've read them all even if I haven't responded to everyone.

I think I will pull the trigger soon... there's some business milestones I want to hit first and I think a Lambo would be a great way to celebrate those milestones and also make me motivated to hit them. And I don't like just dropping that much money without a reason, so I'll just tie it to the business success. Hopefully I can hit these milestones in the next year or so and then head my way over to the lambo dealer. Can't wait to become an owner and join you guys in the main forums. Cheers!

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
My situation is a little different due to my age, but I figure if I don't spend it, someone else will when I am gone.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci
61 - 80 of 86 Posts