Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
Thanks fir getting involved. I've seen that one which I think is from a Golf but looks curved slightly and the Gallardo one is straight. I might but an Iveco one just to see (or go to and Iveco parts shop to compare the one I have).

I also added some items to the googledocs spreadsheet too ��

· Registered
439 Posts
Dimensions of the tie rod end ?

IVECO:
length: 80mm
Cone Size: 20mm
external thread: M14x1.5
internal thread: M16x1.5

Gallardo:

length: ??mm
Cone Size: ??mm
external thread: M??x1.5
internal thread: M??x1.5
Thanks for the extra info. Some more information on the OE part.

Gallardo:
length: 90mm (overall)
Cone Size (length): 20mm to the higest point
Cone thread: M10 X 1.25 (x20mm long)
Top of joint to end of cone thread ~70mm
Internal thread: M14x1.5 (that's a VW bus wheel bolt screwed in to test)
Across flats of the forging (for tightening) 22mm
TRW and 20 marking on the metal cap
Rubber boot has TRW part number TRW 022-0002-914-009c (dimensions: large hole 28mm, small hole 12mm, uncompressed height 22mm)
(Exact part here at Pelican parts: http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/more_info.cgi?pn=000-330-04-85-M22&catalog_description=) Mercedes ? # 000-330-04-85-M22

So I guess the Iveco is not correct

Attachments

· Registered
439 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
So I decided to try one of these as there were so cheap

Delphi Front Axle Tie Rod End Genuine OE Quality Track Steering Suspension | eBay

Delphi part number TA2005 for a Hyundai Accent (cheap car) as all the dimensions checked out.

It is very close overall with the correct overall size, inner thread, outer thread, but the taper is too large :mad:. I think it is the same angle on the taper but because of it's size only seats a small way into the tapered hole in the hub casting.

Attachments

· Registered
836 Posts
Has anyone used the audi a/c controller in a Gallardo? The buttons are different. I am not worried about extra buttons but will it plug in and work properly? The A8 units are on Ebay for as low as $40. Mine is sending full heat even when set to full cold. The heater control valve is fine.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts