Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, does anyone know why there is almost never Lamborghini's in video games? I have both Project Gotham racing games for X-box and also the new Forza motorsports.
Why is there rarely ever Lambos in video games? Is it licensing from Lamborghini or just ignorance on the part of designers?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not, but a couple of years ago I was talking to a guy who works in the video game business and he told me that the game "Test Drive" had exclusive licensing rights to Lamborghini.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Sony Playstation 2 game 'Gran Tursimo 4' The game is outstanding and carries over 200 cars and countless tracks; but like the other games, no Lamborghini's. The game also does not have any Ferrari's. I have no idea why. Lamborghini's would be such a great addition to the game.

·
Registered
898 Posts
There were (2) XBOX games that were going to be built around the Lamborghini cars.

One was called "Automobili Lamborghini" and was being produced by Rage, Inc out of England. However, they filed for bankrupcy back in early 2003 before the game came out. Nobody has been able to tell me who purchased the rights for the game.

The other is called "Lamborghini FX" that was being produced by Titus, Inc. That game was supposed to be released on May 2nd 2005. But, I've not been able to find any information at all. Gamestop, Toys r us, etc. have no records of it at all. And as usual, when you send an e-mail to the company asking for status, the assholes never answer. My fear is this title has been abandoned as well. Here was Titus' announcement for 1 year ago, proclaiming the upcoming game:

http://www1.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/lamborghinifx/news_6096626.html

The wait continues....

Mike
Jalpa #12071

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, project gotham 3 looks amazing. On another note my nephew has forza and he tells me that there is lamborghinis in the game but they are very, very expensive. To correct another user on this thread, grand tourismo 4 has over 650 cars, not 200. Need for speed is generally the best game if you want to drive lambos. I have played hot pursuit 2, where there is a murielago and a diable 6.0, can't wait for NFS most wanted. That game will definately have a few lambos in it, not to mention great graphics and realistic driving physics.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have Forza Motorsports, and the only Italian cars are Ferrari's, Lancia and Pagani. No Lambo's. No Maserati's, no Alfa Romeo's. arrrgghhhh!!

Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know that Gran Turismo 4 does not have any Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Maseratis or Porsches in its 700-car inventory is simply because of licensing to use the names with the companies. I find this odd since they have cars from parent companies and other subsidaries (GT4 stocks VW's, Audis, Seats, Alfas, Fiats, Lancias, and others owned by Ferrari and Maseratis and Lamborghinis parent companies). So who knows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts