Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a big F-Car fan, hell I don't even like saying the "F" word - but for this new car I HAVE TO SAY IT TWICE! The Ferrari Laferrari, for people who want to make sure you understand its a "ferrari." What do you guys think?

http://www.laferrari.com/en/

All hatred for the brand aside, I do like the looks of it, although there is just something about the front that bothers me. It seems like the nose of the car is just an inch or two too long. Or maybe its the fact that the front splitter isn't all body color. I can't quite put my finger on it... it just looks like a snout to me. Also whoever named it should be shot - horrible name.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It looks too similar to a 458 IMHO. I see many similar components and designs taken from 458.

Name is horrid indeed.

To me, F hyper cars are all soul-less since F40 and F50. Enzo was shaken but stirred no soul. This car is no exception. Just my opinion.

Ferrari relies on techology taken from racing. Lambo relies on design and old school brute. It's good that there is a differentiation. Choice is a good thing for everyone lucky enough to drive or own one.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Again, the looks are pretty wild and will take some getting used to. I think I like it though. Too bad it's a "hybrid", but whatever. I can live.

As for the name, I can't really believe they decided on that. I think I'll continue to refer to it as the F70 until a reasonable slang develops. However, it's not really something new for them. The Enzo was technically the Ferrari Enzo Ferrari.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was waiting for this car to be unveiled. The thing that I like the most about it is that it took the record for the most powerful naturally aspirated engine in a production car from the Aston Martin One-77. Awesome engine and technology.

I agree that the nose is somehow to long or something like that. Don´t get me wrong, it´s more than ok, but to me the Enzo was more of a revolution and than this is. To be honest the last Ferraris I liked (styling) we´re the F430 and 599. I believe this is because Ferrari now has new designers or does most of the styling now in their design center whereas Pininfarina did the complete design on previous models. I think the new model and the McLaren P1 look how they look because computers did part of the design.

The name of the new Ferrari however is pretty silly. I would have called it F70 and kept the name tradition since the F40.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have to admit I like what they are doing with the engine. 788HP from an ICE slightly smaller than the Aventador's and an additional 160HP from an electric motor... lots of low end torque, still "naturally aspirated" technically - and a new bar for Lamborghini to overcome. Should make things interesting for future Lambos, even though there are only 499 Laf's being made I can bet they will use this tech on the next entry level F-car (to have an overall HP rating higher than the G replacement). But then again both Lamborghini and Ferrari are chumps for HP when compared to the numbers Koenigsegg is squeezing out of their tiny engines...

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Its difficult to replace the enzo. nice try but if i were in this market i'd choose the P1 Mclaren instead.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Addition to what I said yesterday: After having seen this video, I believe the car looks MUCH better in person than on photos. Still, the nose looks a bit off to me but overall I think I can say: Good job, Ferrari!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts